Phantis Forums

Galatasaray Thread

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow indeed.

The game is over and the scoreline reads like this:

Bayer Leverkusen 5 - 1 Galatasaray.

Gekas entered the pitch during the 72nd minute for Leverkusen, but by then the five goals were already scored for his side. After that Galatasaray scored one in the 87th through penalty.

I guess you would probably call me mad or stupid but I don't care..

This team has a f*** future and this 5-1 demolition should not be a standstill to it!

If the big man Lincoln is fit and Feldkamp isn't goaty enough not to field him we can play a very effective 4-3-1-2.

Our defence sucked terribly in the second game at BayArena but it was Emre which was his only second game in Europe his entire career.

Keeper Orkun is heavily criticised though I can't agree with most of the criticism aimed at him. He was visibly at fault for the fourth goal but it was game-set-match already then and could be attributed to a loss of concentration.

I hope noone gets carried away and makes stupid decisions after this result. I have hope, and some big hopre too!

• 1 month later...

well GS and Fener are tied at 70 and Galatasaray is hoting the big Derby.....

im sure it will be absolute hell inside :tup: and intense on the pitch...

Unfortunatley for me, the game is on Easter.....but may still try to watch the game online any sites?

crunch game coming up on Sunday..

I unfortunately won't be at the stands of the "HELL" because I'll be in Antalya for a medical congress but I'll definitely watch the game with a few close lads of mine..

Galatasaray MUST win this game because if points are level with Fenerbahce, they have the upper hand thanks to the 2-0 victory they got on matchday 15.

Galatasaray will also have a crunch game with Sivasspor away, who are third with 67 pts, on Matchday 33, and a win against FB and a draw against Sivas woulde be good enough to crown us champs!!

HAYDI CIMBOM HAYDI CIMBOM HAYDIII!!!

watching the end of the video....man I wish PAO could take some notes on Galatasaray....these guys play hard with passion and clearly love being Galatasaray....the players starting chants, celebrating together, fighting for the win together......stadium packed, all fans making a great atmosphere.... PAO cant do any of that lately... :angry: our team is a joke, our fans are kicked out, and even the remaining fans wont get up and sing for their team...

SIVASSPOR v GALATASARAY SK

MATCH SUMMARY

Goals of the Game

Welcome Phantis users, to yet another match report in the Turkcell SuperLeague by GS1905!!

On the link above, you can see the match summary, with all the goals and notable chances included.

Galatasaray led the way with 73 points after a 1-0 win over Fenerbahce last week, with the losing side trailing on 70 points, level with third Sivasspor and fourth Besiktas, further three points adrift.

So, it looked like this when the game kicked off..

1. Galatasaray Pld: 32 Pts: 73

2. Fenerbahce Pld: 32 Pts: 70

3. Sivasspor Pld: 32 Pts: 70

4. Besiktas JK Pld: 32 Pts: 67

All three games started at 7 pm and it was Besiktas who scored first against Ankaragucu early on to take the lead away at Ankara.

Sivasspor started the crucial match better and scored through a Rigobert Song own goal on 17 minutes to take the lead.

Meanwhile at Saracoglu, Fenerbahce was 0-1 down thanks to a magnificent goal from Kahe, the former Monchengladbach-striker Brazilian.

So at around half an hour gone in each game, the table was...

1. Galatasaray 73

2. Sivasspor 73

3. Fenerbahce 70

4. Besiktas 70

Through the left winger Arda, Galatasaray scored two quick goals on 39' and 41' to take the lead at Sivas. That's how the half ended..

Fenerbahce levelled the scores against Genclerbirligi after Edu Dracena scored on 45+2' after an excellent Alex freekick.

The first half scores showed:

Sivasspor-Galatasaray: 1-2

Fenerbahce-Genclerbirligi: 1-1

Ankaragucu-Besiktas: 0-1

which resulted in this!

1. Galatasaray 76

2. Fenerbahce 71

3. Sivasspor 70

4. Besiktas 70 .. which would crown CimBom as champions if it all ended the same ..

The second halves kicked off and Sivasspor scored a bizarre equaliser after a set of failed attempts to clear the ball by Galatasaray defenders on 52' through the in-form striker Mehmet Yildiz.

However, Galatasaray took the lead back with an absolute stunner from defensive midfielder Ayhan --i would recommend you see this goal-- three minutes later. While all this was happening, Besiktas doubled their advantage against Ankaragucu after Tello's freekick hit Ankaragucu keeper's heel and crawled in!

Fenerbahce also took the lead with a Semih flying header on 55' and were eagerly awaiting Sivasspor to turn the game upside down...

And after the talented youngster Badur Sezer scored on 68' to level the game yet again at 3-3 in Sivas, Fener fans suddenly raptured.. The tabel then was like this..

1. Galatasaray 74

2. Fenerbahce 73

3. Sivasspor 71

4. Besiktas 70

Fenerbahce doubled their advantage through Deivid on 72' and started expecting a winning Sivasspor goal to which the "Yigidolar" came very close to after Mehmet Yildiz's 25-yarder clipped Aykut's post and rolled wide.

However, Galatasaray dominated the last quarter of the game and scored two more goals to put the game beyond doubt. Easily man of the match Arda made his hat-trick after a one-two with Ozbek and substitute Sukur posted the clincher on 89'.

Final scores and standings after F/T were...

Sivasspor-Galatasaray: 3-5

Fenerbahce-G. Birligi: 3-2

Ankaragucu-Besiktas: 0-2

1. Galatasaray PLD: 33 PTS: 76

2. Fenerbahce PLD: 33 PTS: 73

3. Sivasspor PLD: 33 PTS: 70

4. Besiktas PLD: 33 PTS: 70

MATCH SHEET

Stadium: 4 Eylul, Sivas

Referee: Halis Ozkahya

SIVASSPOR: 1 Michael Petkovic * - 61 Abdurrahman Dereli **, 10 Karim Saidi *, 5 Mame Diallo **, 58 Hayrettin ** - 7 Aydin Musa * (19 Cvetkov'80 ?), 72 Devran ** (53 Ilhan'83 ?), 11 Sylla * (30 Sergio'54 **), 26 Badur Sezer *** - 10 M. Ali Kurtulus ** - 9 Mehmet Yildiz ***

GALATASARAY: 1 Aykut Ercetin * - 4 Rigobert Song * (87 Guven'81 ?), 2 Emre Gungor **, 76 Servet Cetin **, 22 Hakan Balta * - 55 Sabri Sarioglu ***, 14 Mehmet Topal ***, 18 Akman Ayhan ****, 8 Baris Ozbek *** - 66 Arda Turan **** (74 Yaman Volkan'74 **) - 20 Nonda * (9 Sukur'84 **)

GOALS: Song '17 (og), Yildiz '48, Sezer '67 (Sivasspor), Arda '39-41-76, Ayhan'57, Sukur'89 (G. Saray)

BOOKINGS: Aykut '49, Balta'70, Guven'88 (Galatasaray - YC), Devran' 57 (Sivasspor - YC)

MoM: Arda Turan (GALATASARAY)

Galatasaray beats Genclerbirligi 2-0!!!! Party! :tup: :nw:

Congratulations to the new Turkish CHAMPION! :nw: :tup:

But I have a question:

Fener, Sivaspor, BJK all tied for 2nd place :huh:

what happens? Playoff? or will they award it to Fener :angry:

GS1905 please keep us updated with celebrations/highlights, and what will become of this 3-way tie........ i think its too cruel to settle a 3 way tie on goal difference...

Posted Image

The team celebrates winning the Turkish SuperLeague

Posted Image

Lincoln, Umit Karan and Ayhan trying to steal (!) the trophy :)

Posted Image

Ozbek, Arda and Lincoln on the rostrum

Posted Image

Ayhan, Hasan Sas and Lincoln hold the Cup with the 2008-09 alternate jersey on

Posted Image

"Kapali" burning after Sukur's goal...

Posted Image

CimBom fans giving a message to the Fenerbahce chairman Aziz Yildirim

Posted Image

Caretaker coach Cevat Guler celebrates his team's title

Posted Image

New chairman Polat celebrates with former chairman Canaydin

That second goal was a beauty.....that was a laser!

As for the lion :LOL: thats so cool they brought an actual lion to the stadium.... :LOL:

But a good day for Galatasaray...its a pity Fener will go to the champions league over BJK and Sivas.....but the head to head totals are fair....

Anyways many more titles to GS, and there in a good position to qualify for the CL again!

Archived