Phantis Forums

PSV Vs PAO

HOLLYWOOD

Ok boys, here you go from someone that was present in the Philips Stadion Last night.

We played badly, very badly. We didn't deserve anything but to lose. Completely outplayed.

Goumas, Kirgiakos, Vyntra, Eki and Halkias were our best. Munch, Scacel, Basinas, Antric and Kostantinou were twrribly bad and so were Shum subs. He should never have taken out Papa cos once he did the Dutch sent another player forward. 20 mins is too long a time to hold out against especially when you can't keep possesion.

But, we gained one thing and that is Loukaki Vyntra who has grabbed his opportunity at right back and is getting better and better each game. PSV didn't (couldnt) threaten us from his side and it was from Munch's side through Park who gave Munch a torrid night that PSV created all their chances.

Whoever said PSV is one of the CL weakest team is very wrong and they proved that at Highbury were they could have stolen points from the Gunners. PSV is a good team and we are not better than them, more like on the same category.

Our fans were amazing last night, we sang our lungs out but our players couldn't emulate us in the stands.

Never mind, nothing is over yet and it's not as if we lost at home. a Loss to PSV in Holland if anything is natural and who ever thought otherwise is very wrong. We were not the favorites of this tie.

"Egw 8a s'agapw kai mhn se noiazei...."

indeed they aren't the weakest team in that sense you can lose points away

but at Leoforos a good Pao should definitely be able to keep those three points home

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The players aren't to blame for me. Sometimes you have bad games and sometimes you have good. What bothers me though is that if we had Markarian on the bench instead of Shum i think he would have made the right moves to have won the game or at least kept the tie. Shum is good at reading the other team and setting us up accordingly. But once the game starts, he is LOST. Completely. If Markarian was to come tomorrow morning we would win this group with a 2 or 3 point difference.

I too believe that Schum has a lot to be blamed for. But lets be honest. Our players were simply walking in the pitch. As bad as tactics can be there is no excuse for a team not to lose a single chance.

Was that a performance by Basinas? Was that a descent performance by Papadopoulos? Or Konstadinou? Or Gonzalez?

To be honest I don't blame too much our new signings because you can't expect much from them immedietly few months after they signed with the club... The guys which you would normally have high expectations are Basinas, Gonzalez, Konstadinou, Papadopoulos, Goumas, Kyriakos etc.... At least Goumas played very well so did Kyriakos in the first half. But the others were simply tragic!!! With first of all that crying idiot Basinas. I have had enough of him honestly. I can't stand to see players who have played in the team for a decade and they play like vendettas....

So I think the fault goes collectively and not just the coach or just the players... It was a disasterous performance and they sooner they forget it the better for all of us...

i reckon its Hollywoods fault for 'having a good feeling'

:LOL:

And say we lose the next game and Shoum gets fired who would we want as coach apart from Sergio?

Anastasiadis

Routsa

plenty of coaches floating around B)

Thats not who i'd want im just wondering who we'd be happy with?

Rocha wasn't that good of a coach, it was more that our team was so great. So i wouldn't want him back as coach. You never know what to expect from Anastasiadis so thats out of the question too. Just look at what Markarian has done with Iraklis already. Their biggest problem last year was defense. They would give up 3 or 4 goals a game. They've played 2 games so far and held a clean sheet.

Rocha wasn't that good of a coach, it was more that our team was so great. So i wouldn't want him back as coach. You never know what to expect from Anastasiadis so thats out of the question too. Just look at what Markarian has done with Iraklis already. Their biggest problem last year was defense. They would give up 3 or 4 goals a game. They've played 2 games so far and held a clean sheet.

No ones answered my question who would we want instead?

And u cant say sergio cos he wont come back :angry:

BTW dont forget guys its our 5th game this season yes it was a crucial game but hey we are still in it :gr:

This topic was created to discuss the PSV-PAO game not which coaches would be fancied if Shum was fired. Any other posts on that and I will delete them.

We lost a game against our biggest rival in qualification to the next phase, a rival which is just under us in European rankings, the game of which was in Holland to a team that has played 15 games so far and the Cassandra's are already out bidding for Shum's head...How soon do some forget the double and the good performances until yesterday.

Gents once again hello from north of the beantown.

Once again we begin to fire ,hire and criticize players , and coaches because of a loss.

As evergreen said it is our fifth game, we have plenty of new players and it will take time to play as a unit. Also we are forgetting that we are in the Champions league and most of the teams did not get there by chance, they like us, deserve to be there. We played conservatively, but that is expected in an unfriendly environment. Lets give the boys a chance and see how they perform in the next few games. I believe that we will do quite well.....

P.S...It is nice coming back after a long summers absence...... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Gents once again hello from north of the beantown.

Once again we begin to fire ,hire and criticize players , and coaches because of a loss.

As evergreen said it is our fifth game, we have plenty of new players and it will take time to play as a unit. Also we are forgetting that we are in the Champions league and most of the teams did not get there by chance, they like us, deserve to be there. We played conservatively, but that is expected in an unfriendly environment. Lets give the boys a chance and see how they perform in the next few games. I believe that we will do quite well.....

P.S...It is nice coming back after a long summers absence...... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

seriously..losing away 1-0 to a strong side like psv is not a terrible result..its as if we lost another 5-0 like last year...i highly doubt we will play the same in leoforo. once they come to our place, im confident we can take them down...

strong psv ? have you been drinking friend ? they where missing a slew of players, and struggling thus far, what strong psv are you talking about ?

if i was you, i would be severely bothered at the play of PAO. Arsenal will be coming to Athens wanting to wipe up with advancement, and then you play them in England the NEXT matchday.

The players and coach need to pick it up right about now, or else.

Haverhill: but you guys didnt even play counter attack footy, it was more of a 'stay back' at all costs system. elastonpappou desrcibed it best.

no PSV sucked. we sucked. we will kill them in leoforo but thats not the point. Soum has no faith in us away in europe its bizare- its like we go ONLY to lose and if lucky tie not even trying to play any offense. away in Stuttgart, Auxerre, Manchester........just play nothing at all now look Eindhoven the same. Rangers i wont count because we had nothing to lose and Rangers are whores of europe.

if we played all our games at home id be confident but we dont- soum is a total ass in europe and cant lead the team to do s%$#! away from home. the players and the team play were more than capable of putting at least TWO goals in vs Eindhoven. I beleive this 100%. if we just lost and had a fairly even game just a bit unlucky i would feel better- but thats not how it worked yeah it was only 1-0 it doesnt look bad but to me its like a 4-0 and very uninspiring performance.

This topic was created to discuss the PSV-PAO game not which coaches would be fancied if Shum was fired. Any other posts on that and I will delete them.

We lost a game against our biggest rival in qualification to the next phase, a rival which is just under us in European rankings, the game of which was in Holland to a team that has played 15 games so far and the Cassandra's are already out bidding for Shum's head...How soon do some forget the double and the good performances until yesterday.

that is unbeleivebly facist.

a conversation has no limits. It branches out. a conversation that doesnt branch is doesnt exist. Many beleive he is incabable of playing in europe. and many people KNEW PAO could win that game.

Although I understand that we should try to be within the TOPIC, and sometimes some posts go WAY OUT of it..... BUT, in discussing the PSV game and our disgraceful performance, why is it out of place to discuss the ..architect of the team?????!!!!! and his utter failure in European competition!!!!!

I also believe that when it's relative to the topic, a true fan has the right to keep the pressure on....

Anyway, I think PSV believes that they can go through, but I'm not sure our players deeply believe that. The win over Rosenborg was a positive result, but we didn't really show that we were a true euro team! That's my opinion.

Finally, it's good that this SUnday we're playing Apollon K. and not have a derby, because true to our recent tradition we'd drop serious point after a CL game....

strong psv ? have you been drinking friend ? they where missing a slew of players, and struggling thus far, what strong psv are you talking about ?

if i was you, i would be severely bothered at the play of PAO. Arsenal will be coming to Athens wanting to wipe up with advancement, and then you play them in England the NEXT matchday.

The players and coach need to pick it up right about now, or else.

Haverhill: but you guys didnt even play counter attack footy, it was more of a 'stay back' at all costs system. elastonpappou desrcibed it best.

thrillos:

This is the same PSV that held off Arsenal and only lost 1-0 with an own goal in Highbury. At least PSV are much stronger than Deportivo and Liverpool.

Anyways, I am also disappointed that our players showed so little desire to win the match and it showed from the fact that they created no chances at all. I am hoping for a better performance against Arsenal. If we win our remaining home games and draw with Rosenborg away we will go through. I even think 9 points will be enough to go through from this group because there are teams that get points from each other.

No one said you can't discuss Shum's choices of how we played, mistakes he made etc but starting a conversation if he should get fired (after 1 bad result) is rediculous and graphic (as a greek term). I see patience wears thin in here and it shouldn't because we all saw what happend last year. I've been following football since 1986 and on many occasions I've seen coaches and players being "stoned" in the beggining of the season and at the end they were carried on people's shoulders as victors.

By all means, if you want to start a new topic about Shum and if he is capable or not, you are more than welcome to but I think it's irrelevent in this topic.

Thats the point friends... Its not a matter that we lost. It is HOW we lost... ;)

We have faced PSV as if we were facing Real in Bernabeu...

Anyway I heard that Jigger was furious from that performance and he had a word with Schum and the players.... I fwe drop points on Sunday the climate will be very bad...

I will say it again victories and Losses come and go... Disasterous performances will be remembered fro ever!!! ;)

Archived