Phantis Forums

Predictions - Division A

Ziaka

This weekend the new season kicks off. What are your predictions for this season? Will there be improvement in play? Who do you think will win the title? What teams will qualify for European competitions? Who will be relegated? What team will be the suprise of the season? Add any other predictions you want and comment on your your predictions.

No, just a discussion on what do you think the Greek championship will look over the next season and who do you think will win the title and who will be relegated plus any other comments about the championship you might want to add.

Well let me begin if I can:

What are your predictions for this season? - My predictions are as follows Olympiakos, PAO, PAOK. It's going to be a close race for 1,2,3 and the rest will follow a bit behind. I really don't think that AEK will do that good this year as they are in a "rebuilding year" and I would really be surprised if they finish in the top 3.

Will there be improvement in play? - I would definitely hope so. On this topic I don't really think that we're going to see an imporvement too much from what we saw last year. But what we should see an imporvement on should be towrads the fans. As we saw in Portugal if the fans are behind their team w/ spirit and voice anything can happen. NOT WITH VIOLENCE!

Who do you think will win the title? - I think that it's going to be Olympiakos season. It's not only because they have Rivaldo, but the stadium, Champions League I think this year will be different, and lets not forget also Bajevic. If the players stay healthy I really think that they are going to be tuff to beat.

What teams will qualify for European competitions? - Well I told you the top 3, the rest of the group will be in this order Iraklis (4th) AEK (5th) Aris (6th) I know that this might surprise some of you but they are just predictions and if I could predict the future I would be a millionare by now... ;)

Who will be relegated? - Now this is a tuff one don't really know because of the number of weak teams in Division 1

What team will be the suprise of the season? - Iraklis will surprise people. Anytime a player comes into a team and brings that much exerience and talent anything can happen. Now can they hang with the top 3>..... No way.

Again everyone these are my predictions and thoughts for the protathlima, I trully hope that we see a great year of soccer and we see Greek Soccer just become one of Europes best. I really hope that all of the teams playing in Europe do well and hopefully it's an all Greek final.

OK, let me give my predictions.

I think we will see a slightly better championship as compared to the recent ones. The succes of the NT has to rub of on the domestic league somehow. We have some superstars joining the league in Rivaldo and Signiori. I don't think they will make that much difference, but they will attract fans to the stadiums. One bad thing I regret is that some of our Euro 2004 stars left Greece for foreign teams instead of staying here to make the league stronger. Also some games will be played in new and/or refurbished stadiums, which can only help the game.

I think the title will be fought between 3 teams: Olympiakos, PAO and PAOK. My prediction is that Olympiakos will barely win the title, with PAOK finishing 2nd, and Panathinaikos finishing 3rd. This would make PAOK the suprise team of this season as well.

The places 3 - 6 that lead to Europe will be decided between AEK, Iraklis, Aigaleo, Panionios, Chalkydona and Aris. I think AEK, Iraklis and Panionios will get those spots.

As for relegation, I see Kalamaria, Ergotelis, Kallithea, Ionikos and Xanthi fighting it out for the 3 spots leading to B' Division.

I think the leauge race will be tight. If Olympiakos and Pana get bogged down in the champions league. I think Paok can take advantage of it and throw their weight at winning the league title.

Hopefully with some of the new stadiums and refrubished ones there is more of an interest. However my opnion is for the Greek league to be successful there needs to be

1) a strong Iraklis, Paok, Aris & OFI (to counterweight the big three from Athens)

2) teams like Larissa who draw 10,000 fans a game need to find a way back into division one. The periphery is thirsty for soccer.

3) teams like Ionikos, Akratitos have got to go. Sorry but those teams never draw more than 1000 fans and never will. If you live in the Athens area chances are you're not going to be supporting them over the big three.

4) cities like Patras that has a population over 100,000 need to have a strong team and I'll bet you they'll draw fans, they might not win the title but they can play the role of Newcastle UTD.

5) if the championship continues to go the way it is, its going to be an Athenian league and there will be no interest. Teams like Pas Giannena, Doxi Drama have to attract better investors and owners it can only better the Greek league these teams have sizable fan bases. Doxi Drama was drawing in some games last year in the 3rd division more than 8000 fans not bad.

suprise of the year - Keykera.

I agree with you HellenicFront. The league to be strong needs a strong PAOK, Aris, OFI and Iraklis.

Also the rich should invest in teams like Kalamata FC who always draw huge crowds, Larissa, and maybe one from Xania (Would attract a huge crowd against cross island rivals OFI) and one from Patra. These athenian teams who draw 500 a game makes it look really bad and also all the teams need new big stadiums like karaskaiki.

Eg PAO needs a 45,000 stadium, AEK needs a 40,000 stadium, PAOK needs a 40,000 stadium and Aris a 20,000. There also needs to be a huge OAKA style stadium in Thessaloniki which can fit say 70-90,000 fans which would be perfect for the big Aris vs PAOK derby and Greek Cup finals.

All Greek Cup finals should be played at OAKA to bring out 60,000 plus fans.

The biggest problem is the violence between fans...this needs to stop. If it doesnt then Greek soccer will never be able to move forward.

As for predictions i see PAO doing the double with Olympiakos a very close second and PAOK and AEK fighting for third spot.

In my opinion...

The title will be contested between Olympiakos and PAO (in that order).

I can see the 3rd CL spot going to Iraklis.

The UEFA Cup teams will be PAOK, AEK and Panionios.

The surprise teams will be Iraklis and Kerkyra.

Ergotelis will be favourites for the big drop.

Surprise teams will be Kalamaria and AEK......

I don't see PAOK being as good as last saison. They jeopardise to fall in a November hole due to the early preparation.

I see a better championship. But not because of Signori. God beware if the nation of the European Champion expects his salvation from a nearly 40 years old Football player.

I expect a better championship, because of the new Stadiums and if Rivaldo has a good saison, together with the new Stadiums, he will attract a lot of people.

I agree with many points with Hellenic Front. Teams like Larissa belong to the First Division in order to enrich the Championship....like more similar teams... from the provinces... in the place of some small Athenian Clubs. Therefore I hope that Kerkyra manages to stay for the long haul in the First Division.

But the above fact has to do with Economy... As the Economy is concentrated in the greater Athen area.....mostly of the teams come from this area....... as soon as Greece will be economical stronger and the industry will be developing all over the country....so the football teams from that area will find its way to the First Divison......

I only hope that the Greek Referees.... can for once jump over their own shadows....and make the Championship interesting..... by not putting names over the rules.....

In my opinion...

There is no 3rd CL spot to play for. We lost it due to the UEFA rankings. We only get two CL spots in the 2005-06 European season. Also the 2nd place team will play in the qualifying round of CL and not directly in the group stage. Only the champion will go to group tage. We also get 4 UEFA Cup teams in that season.

Even though I am placing PAOK 2nd (that is my wish), I do agree with you that the top 2 spots have been divided between Olympiakos and Panathinaikos. These two teams will do anything in ther power (on and off the field) not to lose the CL tickets, which is the big cash cow. That's why my belief is that we will see the best (clean) Greek league, when we only have 1 team in the CL competition.

These two teams will do anything in ther power (on and off the field) not to lose the CL tickets, which is the big cash cow. That's why my belief is that we will see the best (clean) Greek league, when we only have 1 team in the CL competition.

Explain me please why the League will be cleaner, if we have only one CL Spot

Because I m in the opinion if the League is not clean, so it would be not cleaner if we have only one CL spot... As the cow will have then only one udder. So theoritically "they" will cheat even harder for this solely udder.

Or do you think that Oly and Pao colaborate together for the 2 CL spots ?

Champions: Panathinaikos

Runners Up: Olympiacos

Third Placed: Iraklis or PAOK (in the order)

Surprise: Ergotelis & Ogunsoto

Relegation: Kalinthea, Ionikos or/and Apollon Kalamaria

Topscorer: Dimitris Salpingidis, Dimitris Papadapoulos or Ezequiel Gonzalez

King of Assists: Rivaldo or Ezequiel Gonzalez

GOOD LUCK ALL TEAMS, PAO & DENIZ BAYKARA :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: !!!

Baikara is really good actually i hope you werent being sarcastic he was really impressive last time i saw him play...

Champions - PANATHINAIKOS

2nd place - OSFP/Iraklis

3rd AEK

4th PAOK

5th Panionios/Aigaleo

surprise - Kallithea, Ksanthi, Kerkyra

relegation: Ionikos, OFI(surprise), Kalamarias

oh, come on! OFI simply will not go down!!!

its a tough league this year..... the only team who i am sure with no hope at all is Ionikos and Ergotelis maybe......Xalkidona was great and still looks good, Aigaleo is powerful, Panionios will stay, Kerkyra look very good, Ksanthi is strong and so is Kallithea.......in my opinion i could see OFI in a frustrating streak during the begining/mid season and not be able to recover .........

In my opinion...

The title will be contested between Olympiakos and PAO (in that order).

The UEFA Cup teams will be PAOK, AEK and Panionios.

The surprise teams will be Iraklis and Kerkyra.

Ergotelis will be favourites for the big drop.

I am going to add Ionikos for a one-way ticket to B' Ethniki.

Last Sunday showed me that they don't have what it takes. :tdown:

Archived