Phantis Forums

olisadebe speaks out

slick13

probably a F*** up in the traslation.

it also writes the players for next season so far.

there are 29 total--- though i think they left out Gittas and Lincar who would come back unless they left... also Basinas is still there and hes probably going to leave

12 of them are Greeks (excluding Michalaki so its kindof really 13)

out of them

3 are replacement goalkeepers

and 2 of them will hardly ever see the field (Okyzoglou, Kotsios)

I am not exited for the season to begin. I want to see greek players win, i dont mind the help of foregin players in fact i think its great but when you have only

3-4 greek players on a greek teams starting lineup its kind of.... ridiculous.

I have to admit that PAO fans are simply the worst of all... You guys have become like Thrynos fans and you don't even realise it.....

At first it was the Kavouria of Vardinogiannis (even when he bought Michalaki for 6bn Dr) then (couple of years ago) there was the lack of Coach (anastasiadis why did we let Kyrastas go etc..), then old players being transfered (Souza etc), then we had the other story of injured players coming to PAO (sanmartean etc), we got the double now we have a new farytail flying around regarding "our Greek rootes". Everyone is bothered that we do not have Greek players in the squad.... I finally came to the conclusion that every year whatever happens, who ever is the coach, no matter the tranfers there will always be something that the brilliant PAO fans will be complaining about......

In respect to the new trend about the Greek players in the squad... Tell me? How many English players does MAN Utd have, how many Spanish players Real have and so on? But in such case noooo, Real is Real they are allowed to have foreign players and MAN utd has the biggest budget in the world etc...

I think what you people need is a Melissanidis-Karras-Batatoudis-Kokkalis all combined just so that you can wake up one day without even a team!!!! I actually want the biggest lamoio to come over and take PAO make a couple of transfers at the beggining, establish a kanali full of crap to guide people and create 5 'derby-like' newspapers to talk about our potential great transfers of Portillo, Zidane, Raul... At the end it doesn't matter if we stick with Oxyzoglou just because we mentioned 10 big names which at the end did not manage to get any of them......

We have had Peania since the early 80's, it wasn't good enough because it was owned by Vardinnogiannis and not PAO club, we have created (and from the big teams we are the only ones) marvellous players from our youth team (Goumas, Karagounis, Basinas) its not good enough because at the end we sold them all, we have never been in the situation of AEK, PAOK, THRYNOS, GIANNENA, PANAHAIKI and all the other teams, but thats nopt good enough either because we have management that doesn't care about the team.... Hey tell us finally what would make you happy so that we know from now on....

If we buy big name players, we will say they were once injured and that is why the came to PAO, if we promote youth players everybody will shout that we are going to throw away 3 years to create a descent team, if we decide to go to Goudi for a Stadium everyone will say why dont we stay at Leoforos, if we stay at Leoforos everyone will say that it is a very old stadioum and we have to move forward to build a new one at Goudi, if we get the cup they will say that the cup means nothing, if we get the double its because the other teams sucked and the European dream that comes to effect, I am sure that if we get the CL there will always be something else to protest about......

I am simply sick and tired of it....

OYST!!!! :box:

i agree with u Elas although why are we signing nobody's?

Look at the Turks they get players like Carew and Song we get nobodys...

And Europe laughs at Pao the pride of Greece but with what?

We have no body's :(

I think the best signing we have done is Equi :)

What about some semi big names for once Tim Cahill, Ricardinho, even Zagorakis

I have a feeling Pao will suprise us and buy the good AEK players

wait and see i guess

sorry Pappou youre wrong.

If we bought great players it wouldnt be as bad. Truth is we have a load of scattered nobodies who arent even young representing our team. And dont try to tell me players like Gonzalez are big names because that total bullshit he was a nobody in Argentina and is now a star here.... Manchester and Real are similar, but their vision of football reflect national pride as well because spanish teams are always doing well in europe. I love having foreign help but i dont want the whole damn team to not be greek! The English DONT have that much pride in there country and people like we do. Its a plain fact. Panathinaikos represents Athens and we are selling great players for some nobody croats and garbage THAT HAS NEVER WORKED. OK OK we one the double, but its also cause Greek teams were so awful this year... I still remember

Man U 5 PAO 0

PAO 1 RANGERS 1

Stuttgart 2 PAO 0

PAO 1 Stuttgart 3

PAO 0 Man U 1

PAO 0 Auxerre 1

pretty embarassing for a 'euro power'.........

weve made similar signings like this Mitu s%$#! for years.

Remember Blendar Kola? Fernando Galetto? Igor Sipniefski? Maric??? Maric's and Zutautas's injury was a major reason why PAO won this year.

support the s%$#! signings if you like,

if youre sick people not being content with a horrible managment throwing away practically whole goddamn EURO 2004 winning team and replacing them with the former soviet all stars annd all the other bullshit the pao managment does with stadiums, you may as well eat a bullet cuz thats LIFE, there is no pure contentment.

You are very correct remembering all these disasterous results and transfers but why don't you remember...

PAO 2004 = DOUBLE

THRYNOS - PAO 1-3

REINGERS - PAO 1-3

PAO - AEK 2 -1

PAOK - PAO 1-2

Why don't you remember Henriksen (he wasn't that well known in Greece either...). As far as the eastern block may I remind you that Warzycha started off as an unknown striker? May I remind you Borelli? Or what about Mukland... And don't think that big name players will definetely perform well. Remember Asanovic, Souza, Pflipsen etc... ;)

i agree with u Elas although why are we signing nobody's?

Look at the Turks they get players like Carew and Song we get nobodys...

And Europe laughs at Pao the pride of Greece but with what?

We have no body's :(

I think the best signing we have done is Equi :)

What about some semi big names for once Tim Cahill, Ricardinho, even Zagorakis

I have a feeling Pao will suprise us and buy the good AEK players

wait and see i guess

re cuz (XXX-18T), ur living in a fantasy....

firstly were not gonna get any Aek players and as for us signing no-bodys, let me ask you, if u were in the prime of ur carrer would u eva go to a s%$#! league like Greece??? and when u think about it Pao really hasnt got the $$$ to spend coz look at our (pao top greek team) attendence around 12,000-15,000 people if were lucky, then u look at Bolton (mid-english team) 28,000-36,000... and you wonder why we cannot get any "big names" here.....

As for ur Mid-players like = Tim Cahill, Ricardinho, even Zagorakis, do you think pao will spend the money or even make the effort??? :lol:

plus thoes players r washed up or to old....

sorry Pappou youre wrong.

If we bought great players it wouldnt be as bad. Truth is we have a load of scattered nobodies who arent even young representing our team. And dont try to tell me players like Gonzalez are big names because that total bullshit he was a nobody in Argentina and is now a star here.... Manchester and Real are similar, but their vision of football reflect national pride as well because spanish teams are always doing well in europe. I love having foreign help but i dont want the whole damn team to not be greek! The English DONT have that much pride in there country and people like we do. Its a plain fact. Panathinaikos represents Athens and we are selling great players for some nobody croats and garbage THAT HAS NEVER WORKED. OK OK we one the double, but its also cause Greek teams were so awful this year... I still remember

Man U 5 PAO 0

PAO 1 RANGERS 1

Stuttgart 2 PAO 0

PAO 1 Stuttgart 3

PAO 0 Man U 1

PAO 0 Auxerre 1

pretty embarassing for a 'euro power'.........

weve made similar signings like this Mitu s%$#! for years.

Remember Blendar Kola? Fernando Galetto? Igor Sipniefski? Maric??? Maric's and Zutautas's injury was a major reason why PAO won this year.

support the s%$#! signings if you like,

if youre sick people not being content with a horrible managment throwing away practically whole goddamn EURO 2004 winning team and replacing them with the former soviet all stars annd all the other bullshit the pao managment does with stadiums, you may as well eat a bullet cuz thats LIFE, there is no pure contentment.

see this guy here..... he gets its, bravo :nw:

I agree with Drakos why cant we sign some decent Greek players

And why cant we vote off the president like they do in Spain :angry:

Gamoto we invented democracy and at PAO we have the owners running a dictatorship :(

I dont know PAO's going to be farked up this year :(

But ill still follow them cos ive always loved the Greens :rolleyes:

All these posts prove I am right....

It is always going to be something... Whether we win the double, the cup, UEFA, the CL, it will always gonna be the same story.....

You guys have become like Basinas... Moaning, crying, always blaming others, never looking how you can help the team but only critisise.......

And many of you will say that I am speaking as if I have never critisised... Wrong, I have critisised many things and I am the type of guy that doesn't accept things just because somebody said so, but all I am saying is that its not bad to critisise but at least lets wait to see those players before we say anything... For example I can say that Ragguel sucks big time because I have actually seen him play... He is not a player for PAO at all... But all the others we do not know, lets wait and see..They might turn out to have the success of Munch, Henrikssen or even Warzycha... You never know... Or they might turn out to be worse than Zutautas and Maric... You won't find out unless you see them play....

You are very correct remembering all these disasterous results and transfers but why don't you remember...

PAO 2004 = DOUBLE

THRYNOS - PAO 1-3

REINGERS - PAO 1-3

PAO - AEK 2 -1

PAOK - PAO 1-2

Why don't you remember Henriksen (he wasn't that well known in Greece either...). As far as the eastern block may I remind you that Warzycha started off as an unknown striker? May I remind you Borelli? Or what about Mukland... And don't think that big name players will definetely perform well. Remember Asanovic, Souza, Pflipsen etc... ;)

When Borelli was signed he was the River Plate No. 10 and a U21 International and was purchased for 600 mil drx. A lot of money for the time (1990). PAO haven't spent so much money for a single player in the last 3-4 years.

Anyway, there are not many decent enough Greek players to sign according to the money PAO wants to offer which is next to nothing.

I am with pappou 100% as I posted yesterday under transfers.

How can you judge our signings before you see them play? All of you are going about how great Papadopoulos is, but all of you bashed our management for bringing him in last year. The best players that have been in PAO were always the lesser known, like Warzycha and Henriksen.

Truth is, whatever happens , you will still be unhappy, like pappou said. Two years ago we took Porto to the limit in the UEFA cup, yet most of you said "F*** all that, I want the league". This year , we got the double, and all of you were in euphoria in May. All of a sudden , you start bashing again, just like you did last year from Rizoupoli until April when we overtook the league lead. It is hopeless.

I will continue to support and believe in our team and everything that is involved with it. The management, Coach, Players , all win together and lose together. I played football in Sweden from the age of 8 until 18 and that is the mentality we were taught. I will judge this team next May when it is over. Not before. Even if they mess up, I will support them the year after.

pappou is right!

and andric i say again is an very good player much better than a burnt out star+ if we get THE SUPER PLAYER from banik ostrava matousevic then we are all fine the younster has WORLD CLASS attacking skills and i truly hope we could land him or morten gamst pettersen from norway also a SUPER TALENT. we have enough greek players with all the new youth promotings so we need european class players and it do not matter if they are from the new eu countries :tup:

Drakos i totally disagree with you about gonzalez, and this is not an attack on you, but do u watch argentine soccer? Ive spoken to many argentine, who say hes a great player.Secondly let me remind you, that a socalled NOBODY that u have labelled GONZALEZ has worn the no 10 for boca juniors,,for 2- 3yrs. BOCA does not give no 10s to just anyboddies,,,,players with plenty of talent are worthy of wearing that famous jumper, ....diego maradona is ur classic example. ROSARIO CENTRAL,the last club he played at he was a superstar,,,,the backbone of the team. And the fact that hes played in serie a shows that the the continent has seen the guys potential. GONZALEZ was always class even b4 he came to panathinaiikos, and its a credit that the owners brought a player who is still younbg at 24,, and is capable of doing even more than our very loved juan xota xota borelli

I am with pappou 100% as I posted yesterday under transfers.

How can you judge our signings before you see them play? All of you are going about how great Papadopoulos is, but all of you bashed our management for bringing him in last year. The best players that have been in PAO were always the lesser known, like Warzycha and Henriksen.

Truth is, whatever happens , you will still be unhappy, like pappou said. Two years ago we took Porto to the limit in the UEFA cup, yet most of you said "F*** all that, I want the league". This year , we got the double, and all of you were in euphoria in May. All of a sudden , you start bashing again, just like you did last year from Rizoupoli until April when we overtook the league lead. It is hopeless.

I will continue to support and believe in our team and everything that is involved with it. The management, Coach, Players , all win together and lose together. I played football in Sweden from the age of 8 until 18 and that is the mentality we were taught. I will judge this team next May when it is over. Not before. Even if they mess up, I will support them the year after.

Well done, very well said... Slick 13 good thinking as well...

Evergreen, you seem to forget that during the early to mid 90's there were much higher figures invlolved in football that they are now.... 600 mn dr was nothing at the time... We were paying Vrankovic and Volkov double than that at that time... Try to remember how much Koskotas paid for the Russians...

Most descent players were transfered minimum 2bn dr (which is 5.5mn EUR in todays money), which in fact with 5.5mn EUR today you can sign Saviola !!!! I don't know if you remember but in the early 90's the most expensive transfer was Lentini 12bn dr (which is translated to almost 36mn EUR!!!!)

Can you imagine which players you could get today with 36mn EUR... You could bring in Zidane, Totti, Cannavaro, Nesta and probably you could convince Eric Cantona to come and play football again!!! :P

But even if I think you argument the other way round, and accept that 600mn was a lot of money for that period, then surely based on your assumption one can make the conclusion that Vardinnogiannis did not have Kavouria for spending all that money huh ? ;) How come everyone was singing about the Kavouria then?

Pappou:

You have some good points but your defense of the Vardinogides is abit over the top. Accept that they have made mistakes at crucial points, like in 96 and the last 8 years. Let's cut the bullshit and be honest please, at the start of last season, when we let go of Kolka, Libe, and Kragounis, did you think their replacements like Maric and Zutautus were better? Did you think Schum was the best coach we could get?

Ok we won the double and that's great but don't expect us to thank 'Kapetanios' for replacing decent players with average ones.

Listen, at the end of the day I care about our results in Europe. For me it is the most important thing. If we do well with the new players and make Europe talk about us I am happy. If we don't and Oly do better than us in Europe I will come back and ask for explanations.

EUROPE IS OUR YARDSTICK.

How can you judge our signings before you see them play? All of you are going about how great Papadopoulos is, but all of you bashed our management for bringing him in last year.

youre just wrong.

why the hell would we have complained. I was positive that was an amazing signing and was delighted to hear he came in. I was hoping from months before we would sign him.

everyone else in these forums was really happy too.

why wouldnt we be?

he was the U21 star, young, had some experience in England, fast.....

this forum was quite happy, the Olympiakos one less so.

If youre going to make an example or point make it valid cause that is ridiculous.

yeh, i never complained about papa, if i remember correctly everyone was lookin forward to him guys who support other teams were actually jelouse!!

anyways about these players im gonna stand by my point and that is 33% Greek, 66% Non-Greek.... someone mentioned look at madrid and man united there team have hardly any players from there origin playing in there team ect... and your right but the thing is atleast the players they sighned r somebodys, atleast they have skill or world classnes.. atleast there young and play for there country.... all these factors count!!! now as for pao, we cant afford to get players such as your ronaldos, saviola, diego BUT does that mean we have to get marics, zauatas, the polish striker we sighned, the new goalkeeper!!! THATS s%$#!!!!! so much is promised yet nothing is deleverd.... AND as for pao winning the League, come of it who ever uses this as there defence.... coz we all know Oly F***ed it up, Aek were horrible (Money Problems) and even Paok who did well, werent as strong as they have been... all these factors plus MANOLI!!! (scored in the last minutes) won the League coz last years League had to be the Shitest of them all and if we continue taking steps backwards den will get F***ed coz to me these are steps backwards...

As for Europe, i hope all you Pro Pao fans prey to god coz if we get embarresed like last year im gonna jump down ur throats :box:

Pappou:

You have some good points but your defense of the Vardinogides is abit over the top. Accept that they have made mistakes at crucial points, like in 96 and the last 8 years. Let's cut the bullshit and be honest please, at the start of last season, when we let go of Kolka, Libe, and Kragounis, did you think their replacements like Maric and Zutautus were better? Did you think Schum was the best coach we could get?

Ok we won the double and that's great but don't expect us to thank 'Kapetanios' for replacing decent players with average ones.

Listen, at the end of the day I care about our results in Europe. For me it is the most important thing. If we do well with the new players and make Europe talk about us I am happy. If we don't and Oly do better than us in Europe I will come back and ask for explanations.

EUROPE IS OUR YARDSTICK.

Of course nobody said that Vardinogiannis is perfect..... I judge him as well but because of completely different things... I judge him because he let Kokkalis come into play in the Greek football, I also don't like the fact the he keeps his distance from PAO by putting Philippides or Mitsou to look as the people in charge and of course I critisise him for not doing something radical over the past years to change the miserable image of Greek football...

But regarding team issues your arguments are all over the place (not your personal arguments but everybody who supports this fashion trend over the past decades...)

Now you say that you care only about the results in Europe.... I am sure that you were one of the first to say last year that we need to get the title after 7 years because these are too many years for PAO without a title....

So basically this is a dead end argument.. Whatever the team does is never good enough... They get the double domestically and they do bad in Europe, we critisise them because of their European failure... They do well in Europe but fail to win titles domestically, we judge them because we are loosing titles from Thrynos...

Even this year I know that if the team (and there is a big IF) succeeds both domestically and has a good run in Europe as well, we also have an excuse ready to critisise the team... Its the new fashion (as you can see from Hollywood's post) regarding the Greek'ness' of PAO... We have created percentages of Greeks and foreigns and now suddently we are bothered because we haven't got enough Greeks in the Team.... To be honest I prefer to have foreigners such as Munch, Michaelsen, Henriksen who give everything during the match rather than moaners. klapses, karagouno- Basinades.... Because that is what they did at PAO, no matter how well they performed in the Euro.....

thats ridiculous

1 would take 1 karagkouni over a million andrics and mitus and other s%$#!. same with basinas .

All i remember of what HE DID AT PAO is that he kicked ass. so what if hes always being fouled or on the ground?

Basinas is probably one of the most clutch midfielders performing in big games... you saw vs Portugal twice, vs AEK vs Oly free kick, Fener, Rangers.... yeah while dipshits like Mitu arent gonna do s%$#! for us.

If these players are so great why has no other semi-big team given enough a s%$#! to look at them. Simple. THEY BLOW.

Not going too many yeras back, just a few, most of you critisised Karagouno-Basinades of being unable to bring a single title to PAO.... Now just because they performed brilliantly with the National team, everyone says that they are great...

Karagounis was a very important player to PAO... In my opinion he was the most valuable asset we lost over the years... The problem was that the kid wanted to go... While he was performing exceptionally in the beginning, once he signed for Inter Milan he was just counting days for his departure....

As for Basinas... He is very good in just one thing... Defending and running miles in the field closing up spaces... Lately (last 4-5 years) he had the misfortune of having a rola at PAO which did not suit him... Basinas cannot pass the ball to a 2 meter distance and thats a fact... Unless he had someone like Souza, Asanovic, Borelli, Mukland, Pflipsen in the team he was completely useless for creating chances..... By the way I don't want Basinas to go if he decides to play up to his abilities... The problem is that he got tired over the years with the Greek referees and football (and rightly so) and he hasn't got anything more to offer.... So it is good for the guy to try his luck overseas.....

As far as the 'replacements' are concerned I will say it again... Lets wait and see... If Mitu and Andric turn out to be another Epalle, Konstadinids I will be the first one to protest..... But for the time being if you want to continue your arguments stick to the flops we already know (Epalle, Kourada, Debah, Zuta) and leave all the new transfers to show us their abilities....

Don't forget we have Equi (who is undoubtably a very good footballer), Sanmartean (he showed some fotball skills), Papa, Palto, Manolaki, Munch, Henriksen, Morris, Kyriako..... Excuse but for me it doesn't sound as bad as you make it sound... The only thing that sounds bad is the words EPALLE & Konstadinidis!!!!

And if you compare PAO with other Greek clubs I have to say that I would be flying with happiness if I had Mitu over Anatolakis and Andric over katsiko-Okkas!!! :P

Hey tell us finally what would make you happy so that we know from now on....

Keeping the team that lost 3-0 to gauros makes me happy!!!

We will not have such a great team in a while, if ever, at this rate.

Great young Greek talent, quality foreigners, good coach

That team went to the CL and Uefa QFs back to back, and then got dismantled by a "mad" Vardinokauli, because they did not win the Protathlima...

Some fans are so obsessed with gauro winning 7 in a row, that they went to Paiania... and also booed the PAO internationals during the Ukraine game, :tdown: which if we had not won, we would not be Euro champs now!!!

I hope those same fans enjoy the PAO double...

Last year was NOT a good PAO year

If you are content with winning the double, enjoy it. I thought it was exciting in the end, because of how we won the last games, but it does not come close to the previous years Euro performances

Papa and Munch were the only good news

Gonzo shows promise, but has not convinced me. Morris is ok, but should be a bench player for PAO

We need a good foreigner and a couple Greek internationals.

We need a stadium, wherever they get permission.

If the team plays well, fans will come

All our Euro games are sold out, even with a 50 euro price!

That's where the money is.

Instead of looking ways to save money, your "hero" Vardi... should be INVESTING :tup: to make money

A team that has a good Euro reputation, a decent stadium, a good coach, will attract young talent from Greece and abroad, that want to make an impression Established players WILL stay, or join, even if our domestic league is ... :(

Is it ok that Celski is Russian,

Liverpool Thai,

Arsenal French?

NO, NO, NO

Real is a mercenary team, that even Spaniards are getting sick of :(

I know that personally

The Boseman rule has destroyed competition in Euro football, and has turned it to an "oligarchy" :tdown:

PEACE :gr:

Archived