Phantis Forums

Uefa Club Rankings 2004

HOLLYWOOD

The issue you are aLL MISSING HERE IS THAT PAOK and other teams in order to play more games, must win round by round and qualify. The points a team is given are because they not only have wins and draws but qulifying for the next round. Olympiakos , season in and season out (...mainly) are thrown in the CL groups and are expected to win/ draw games and qualify for next phases. something wich has time and time again proved to mutch for them. PAOK yes, have been playing weaker opposition than Olympiakos in Europe but have been beating them. Let's not forget PAOK usuall gets past 3-3 rounds a year except this season.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.... Although I cant see how the worse team in Europe EVER (PAOK) can be in the first 50 teams. They should have been even lower that Thrynos and they are clearly the biggest disgrace of Greek football!!! I think the worst senario would be for PAOK to be in the CL this year!!! This would be a disaster for Greek football and the rankings!!! They are incapable of beating any team in Europe,,, Actually I prefer the LAMOIA Egaleo to enter the Cl....

I can name you at least 8 Greek teams that have a worse European record than PAOK. Just because you hate PAOk does not mean they are the worst Greek team in Europe.

As for the disaster for Greek football and the rankings, it is the "great" results of PAO, Olympiakos, AEK in the CL this season managed Greece to lose the 3rd CL spot for 2005-2006 season.

Ziaka:

XRISTOS KAI PANAGIA, how can you even say that!!!!!!? Greece may lose 3rd spot but how did Greece gain 3rd spot in the first place?

How much did PAOK contribute to wining the 3rd CL spot? I tell you, NOTHING. Who kicked you out of UEFA cup, remind me?

If PAOK get CL this year, you must forever thank Panathinaikos for it because neither Oly or AEK did anything to significant to get the 3rd spot.

I want to see UEFA change the rules. IU think each team should take part in CL based on their own performances, not their country. Every club should be for itself. So PAO would qualify automatically while Oly would have to qualify, even as champions of Greece. That's the only fair system.

As for the disaster for Greek football and the rankings, it is the "great" results of PAO, Olympiakos, AEK in the CL this season managed Greece to lose the 3rd CL spot for 2005-2006 season.

I think you should wash your mouth before speaking of Panathinaikos in Europe..oloi oi alloi eiste tis plakas... :angry:

I knew I would get the vazeli going with this. But when pappous comes out and claims PAOK has the worst European record, what do you expect.

It's a fact that we could not hold on to the 3rd CL spot because of the poor results of the Greek teams in the CL this season. Before this season's European competitions started, Greece was still in 6th place. Unfortunately we could not hold on to it, and all 3 teams that took part in CL this season should share the blame.

PAOK for your info was the 3rd best team in terms of providing points in the UEFA standings, ahead of Olympiakos, and behind PAO and AEK in the last 5 years (the years that count in the standings).

Yes PAO was number one as far as providing points to the standings in the last 5 years, but let's not forget that if it wasn't for the other teams as well, we could be in a situation, where only the Greek champion would get a CL ticket, and in this case PAO would have never been in the CL in the last 7 years.

Here are the points that teams gave Greece inthe UEFA Standings in the last 5 years:

Panathinaikos - 71.374

AEK - 57.374

PAOK - 47.374

Olympiakos - 46.374

Aris - 25.374

Iraklis - 24.374

Panionios - 21.374

OFI - 21.374

Xanthi - 18.374

I agree with what you said. AEK last year gave almost as many points to greece as PAO did. And PAOK last year passed the first two rounds. The only team that did not help Greece was Olympiakos. However you can't say PAO is responsible for greece's decline cause they haven't even been eliminated yet from europe. If they lose at home to Auxere tomorrow i will be the first one to say we didn't provide any points for Greece this year. Untill then PAO is the only team left in europe and is the only team still giving greece points this year.

Panatha1, fair enough, PAO this year is the only team that still is in European competition and thus providing valuable points for the standings. I was just speaking in general about the poor campaign of Greek teams in the CL this season.

It is important for every Greek team to go out and fight to get good results. Every point counts, and it carries over for the next 5 years. So even if PAO tommorrow is elimintaed (I hope not), it will be better that they get knocked with a tie instead of losing.

I knew I would get the vazeli going with this. But when pappous comes out and claims PAOK has the worst European record, what do you expect.

It's a fact that we could not hold on to the 3rd CL spot because of the poor results of the Greek teams in the CL this season. Before this season's European competitions started, Greece was still in 6th place. Unfortunately we could not hold on to it, and all 3 teams that took part in CL this season should share the blame.

PAOK for your info was the 3rd best team in terms of providing points in the UEFA standings, ahead of Olympiakos, and behind PAO and AEK in the last 5 years (the years that count in the standings).

Yes PAO was number one as far as providing points to the standings in the last 5 years, but let's not forget that if it wasn't for the other teams as well, we could be in a situation, where only the Greek champion would get a CL ticket, and in this case PAO would have never been in the CL in the last 7 years.

Here are the points that teams gave Greece inthe UEFA Standings in the last 5 years:

Panathinaikos - 71.374

AEK - 57.374

PAOK - 47.374

Olympiakos - 46.374

Aris - 25.374

Iraklis - 24.374

Panionios - 21.374

OFI - 21.374

Xanthi - 18.374

My friend ZIAKA I did not say that PAOK has the worst record compared to the Greek teams in Europe, I said that PAOK was the WORSE TEAM EVER in Europe, simply because you expect greater things to come from PAOK in Europe than Panionios or Egaleo......

If PAOK cannot beat Zembretsen (or whatever their name is) how can you talk about the record... Nobody expected Panionios to go through against Barca (or any other team in fact) but everybody expects something descent from PAOK which in fact has never been produced by the PAOK team.....

I think that my argument is quite understandable and fair...

After 7 nil thrashing against Juve reserves, Olympiakos doesn't deserve to be ranked in uefa.

Champions of greek stimeno prothlima and rejects of europe!!!!

Kokkalis should rename karaiskaki stadium

THIRA 7 MHDEN STADIUM OF XESFTILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:lol: :lol: :lol:

the situation is if it wasnt for PAO .... the rest of the teams koskotades,paokia,aekia ... would be playing lithuanian and maltese teams in UEFA

re if osfp copp 7 in a european game

how much literally on paper should a cafeneio team like akratitos or chalkidona copp?

30?

Panatha1, fair enough, PAO this year is the only team that still is in European competition and thus providing valuable points for the standings.

auta einai synthismena

PAO is the last one standing in Europe just like every year

... but everybody expects something descent from PAOK which in fact has never been produced by the PAOK team.....

Pappou, the way you sound is like PAOK has never won a game in a European competition. Here are just just few exciting European games that come to mind:

1973-1974

PAOK THESSALONIKI - Legia Warsaw (Poland) 1:0, 1:1

PAOK THESSALONIKI - Olympique Lyon (France) 4:0, 3:3

1983-1984

PAOK THESSALONIKI - Bayern Munich (West Germany) 0:0, 0:0 (8:9 pen.)

1988-1989

PAOK THESSALONIKI - AC Napoli Italy) 1:1, 0:1

That was Maradona's Napoli

1990-1991

PAOK THESSALONIKI - FC Seville (Spain) 0:0, 0:0 (3:4 pen.)

1997-1998

PAOK THESSALONIKI - Spartak Trnava (Slovakia) 5:3, 1:0

PAOK THESSALONIKI - Arsenal London (England) 1:0, 1:1

2000-2001

PAOK THESSALONIKI - Udinese Calcio (Italy) 3:0, 0:1

Panathinaikos - 71.374

AEK - 57.374

PAOK - 47.374

Olympiakos - 46.374

Aris - 25.374

Iraklis - 24.374

Panionios - 21.374

OFI - 21.374

Xanthi - 18.374

My friend ZIAKA I did not say that PAOK has the worst record compared to the Greek teams in Europe, I said that PAOK was the WORSE TEAM EVER in Europe, simply because you expect greater things to come from PAOK in Europe than Panionios or Egaleo......

If PAOK cannot beat Zembretsen (or whatever their name is) how can you talk about the record... Nobody expected Panionios to go through against Barca (or any other team in fact) but everybody expects something descent from PAOK which in fact has never been produced by the PAOK team.....

I think that my argument is quite understandable and fair...

Yes, PAOK did screw up :tdown: this year with losing against Debrechen of Hungary, but that doesn't mean that they'll play as bad as this year. Who knows, they could surprise everyone in Europe just like AEK did two years ago, where they almost made AS Roma go to the UEFA Cup. :la: No one expected AEK to do so well, but they proved them wrong. Yes, there is a possibility that PAOK may be a disgrace to Greek soccer in the CL this year :o , but personally, I don't think they'll do too bad. I think they could finish third and go to the UEFA Cup, but I don't think they'll get to the next round of the CL. Good Luck to them anyways! :tup:

I also don't think PAOK will fare that badly in CL. They might even surprise few people. I mean you really can't do any worse than losing 7-0 to the B' team of Juventus.

Also, losing to Debrecen was bad, but don't forget PAOK was robbed of victory in the game at Toumba by the linesman. If that did not happen, it could have been PAOK playing against Club Brugge today inthe UEFA Cup.

unfortunalty..i cant see paok competing in the CL....i would very much like to see more and moire greek teams in europe but it has shown that the only team worth a shot in euro competition is PAO...everyone has gotten raped on a continous basis...but this doesnt mean with some changes that things cant change...

I see your point pao123, PAOK may not be a team that looks like a contender, and Panathinaikos is a good contender to go to the next round in the CL, but don't forget Olympiakos. Okay, they didn't qulify both to the next round of the CL or to the UEFA Cup, but they did show that they were contenders too! ;)

Despite the 7-0 OSFP was in every game and even outplayed Juventus in the first game in Pirea despite the loss in this years C.L

I think Paok will do good in the C.L

Pao should do fine and hopefully OSFP in september !!

maybe aek can go far in uefa if they make it along with Halkidona!

bubu....what hollywood is trying to say is that we are a greek team and this is a greek forum here...im not saying u are not welcomed, but if you would like to post about polish teams, you are free to do so, but not in here when we are discussing about greek football...you obviously feel good about your team in Poland and polish football, but we are trying to talk about greek football here and your posts are very random and not in subject with our discussions...

hey guys! just new here so how are u all?

anyway getting down to business. HOLLYWOOD and Panatha1 are absolutly correct about these rankings. i have been studying these rankings like a bible over the past few years and they are as legit as they can be.

have a look at kassies website and u will find that out. for example the seeded teams of the last round of the uefa cup are exactly the same as announced by uefa b4 the official draw occured.

the answer to why alaves and other shitty spanish teams are so high is because uefa has ranked SPAIN as the number one country in europe due to many spanish teams success. therefore even if alaves looses or don't even quilify, they will recieve the a higher base score than a weaker nation. Thus if teams from the same nation win there games, it helps out each other. Yes believe it or not PAO fans need OLY to do well in europe if we want to climb higher in the rankings.

PS as the perfomances of greek teams have been poor compared to other nations over the last 5 years (barring that great run a few years back by pao). Greece has dropped from 6 to 7 in the rankings and will therefore have to give up their 3rd champions league spot for the 2004/2005 season to Portugal.

THAT IS A FACT. CHECK IT OUT URSELF! I really feel sorry for POAK next season.

Please reply if u have something to comment about.

Screw Halkidona its Aigaleo whoz gonna b with Aek comming Uefa next year!!!

:D

I am going to agree with HOLLYWOOD :D , I also think Aigaleo will go with AEK to the UEFA Cup. Sure, Halkidona did play well this year in the A Division, and it would be nice for them to get some points up in the UEFA Team Rankings, but unfortunately, I doubt that'll happen :la:

HOLLYWOOD and tihio10 have got it right.

aek, although they have had a tough run of bad results of late, will qualify for the uefa cup along with Aigaleo, who i think have had an impressive season so far.

of course since greece has lost the third CL spot :angry:, POAK will be joining them.

personally i think this is the best for POAK as they would struggle in the CL next season and probably wont even get past the qualifying rounds.

at least this way we will have 4 teams in the UEFA cup positions 3,4,5 and the cup winner. surely this way there is more chance for the clubs (POAK and AEK most notably) to win and progress to the later stages of the competition giving Greece the points they need to get the 3rd CL spot back off Portugal.

Maybe OLY might even decide to win a game in the CL next season :lol: or even place 3rd in their group to get to the UEFA cup. Every point helps!

What do u guys think?

Archived