Phantis Forums

PAOK FC - 2024 Greek Champions

• Blackhawk changed the title to PAOK FC - 2024 Greek Champions

This summer can turn our team into one to contend for Champions League and Superleague titles for years to come. I think one reason why a lot of us were upset during the past few summer windows is there was no clear path. We were frugal when it came to transfers. With our young talent, the $ we will get by offloading players, and the $ from UCL there is NO reason why we can't bring in 4-5 players who will immediately be top 10% in the league. If we do that, we can have a run like Olympiakos did where the league is ours for the foreseeable future. 

I think we need a top level international CB. Look at years past, we have had Varela, Ingasson, Vitor (Israel), Malezas, Ricardo Costa, etc... who have all played international tournaments. I assume we will lose Koulierakis. And Michailidis didn't look solid enough for a UCL starter yesterday. I would try and keep Kedziora, but if he goes we will need 2. 

For CM, looks like Misic is coming. I think if we have a group of Misic, Meite, Ozdoev, Tsiggaras, Schwab that is enough. 

Obviously we need a proper striker. A true CF who can score anytime they touch the ball. Brandon will be a good backup. Loan out or release Samatta and have Tzimas as the 3rd option.

Lastly, I would get one more winger. A true speed merchant who can dominate lesser opponents in the SL. I would even take a flier and sign someone 18-20 who will be cheaper but perhaps we can mold him into a Konstantelias type player.

• Like it 1

We very specifically need a left winger, and that's even if we replace Konstantelias with someone like Pelkas, who is great on the wing.

I'll eventually have a big speech about this in the transfers thread, but I think our CB depth is going to be pretty bad pretty soon:

• Ekong - might be sold
  • Koulierakis - might be sold
  • Kedziora - free agent
  • Michailidis - out of his depth and clearly not as good as he was pre-injury (though who knows if that's mental/grief-related)
  • Nasberg - not fit to be in our lineup, hopefully will be released this summer

And that's it. There's a chance we go into qualifiers with only two of these guys still on the roster. That should worry us all. Hopefully Morichelli or Panagiotou will be able to make the move up. Or one of those other guys we have in the B team.

1 hour ago, pash said:

Hopefully Morichelli or Panagiotou will be able to make the move up. Or one of those other guys we have in the B team.

Morichelli is long gone. Signed for Perugia but now a loanee at Sorrento. 

On 5/22/2024 at 9:51 PM, PAOKSYD said:

Woah been in the clouds last 3 days! 

What a season! 

Ivan drop the cash now no excuses 

Arxisame.  I have heard kafeneio quality rumors that Ivan has cash flow problems and might be selling the club in the next season or two.  Maybe your wish will come true.