Phantis Forums

ECL-GS-R3: Aberdeen FC - PAOK (26.10.23, 19:45 EEST)

Blackhawk

What a comeback! Huge victory for our European campaign, it means beating Aberdeen in Toumba in 2 weeks time and a draw in Germany will guarantee us top spot and a passage into the final 16! 

A draw v Frankfurt will be enough to make the final match against HJK(assuming we beat the Scots in a fortnight) a dead-rubber, given we will maintain our 3 point lead over them and also own the H2H tiebreaker. 

Great fight from the boys to play it out, on a night where we had an average 2nd half we found a way to come away with the 3 points. Team is looking good right now, massive 2 derbies coming up. 

If Konstantelias is able to improve his finishing he will be a star. Consistency is clearly his biggest challenge atm but his finishing may hold him back in his career. He has all the tools to be quality player, just needs to keep working. Great game from him tonight, created plenty and was by far our biggest attacking threat. 

• Like it 1

Agreed on Konstantelias. Great that he's getting into these positions (the commentator on the service I was using called him Zidane-like at one point, hahaha) - but that can only take you so far when you don't score on those chances.

I guess Frankfurt losing their goalie for a game meant little, considering their result.

Back in Lucescu's first stint with the club, one of the best things about the team is that they had a "never say die" attitude. When everyone is firing on all cylinders, it's truly a sight to behold.

Btw: Samatta probably not good enough. I can see us moving on without him next year.