Phantis Forums

ECL-QR3-L2: PAOK - Hajduk Split (17-08-23, 20:30 EEST)

Blackhawk

Pretty pleased with how this went. Like I said last week - if Hajduk were going to slap us around, it would have been in their home game. I think the stats here were misleading; half of Hajduk's shots were lobs straight at Kotarski. I don't think they were as much of a danger we feared.

Very happy to see my two fav players score. Austria is known for their impressive leaders, right? *cough*

In the other game - Aris is taking penalties vs the Ukranians. Second half of Rosenborg and Hearts about to begin as well.

• Like it 1

Hearts of Midlothian it is. They defeted Rosenborg 3:1.

Bad news following the game is that Tsiggaras left the game most likely due to broken rib. Also Soares will undergo an MRI tomorrow to see how serious his injury is. We might be left with only Schwab and Ozdoev as midfielders for the next few games. Baba also out of the next European game due to cards.

• Like it 1

No chance Lucescu gets cute with the formations. Perhaps he calls up a midfielder from the B team for depth, but I am sure we'll see Ozdoev there with Schwab (and considering our little Russkie played today, we'll be seeing a lot of yellows). Terrible luck if Tsiggaras is that hurt.

Hopefully Rafa Soares' confidence hasn't been shattered, as well. We SHOULD be able to beat Hearts (god I love repeating myself), but as usual our biggest enemy will be ourselves.

So, uh, anyone know what the best way to get tickets to an away game is?

• Like it 1

First leg is in Edinburgh on August 24.

Return leg at Toumba on August 31.

I think Hajduk was a much tougher team than Hearts will be. If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot we should be able to make the group stage.

• Like it 1