Phantis Forums

PAOK in Europe 2023-2024 (News, Draws, Rankings)

Blackhawk

• 3 weeks later...

Draw for the quartefinals of the Europa Conference League takes place tomorrow at 14:00 CET.

It is an open draw so we can be drawn again any of the other seven quarterfinalists including Olympiakos if they qualify.

Here are the 8 teams of the quarterfinals:

PAOK Thessaloniki
AC Fiorentina
Fenerbahce Istanbul
OSC Lille
Viktoria Plzen
Olympiakos Piraeus
Aston Villa
Cub Brugge 

Also tomorrow the draw for the semifinals will take place.

Ones to avoid are for sure are Aston Villa (4th in England) and Lille (4th in France) IMO. 

Fenerbahçe/Plzen/Club Brugge would all be close to 50-50s. 

Olympiakos I want to avoid until at least the semis, don't think Greece is ready for an all Greek European tie. I imagine plenty of chaos if we were to be drawn together and UEFA would probably get a proper look at our xalia. 

Fiorentina is having an average year in Italy (currently 8th) but you have to respect their name. I put them as close to the 50-50 category, probably 60-40 in their favour. 

• Like it 1

I recall that game was on Thanksgiving and I put myself under a strict media blackout until I got home. Rodrigues nearly made me faint

Yeah I totally tripped listening to Tsiartas speaking spanish.  Who would've thought it.  I think he only played 2 season in Spain.  Anyway, good on him.

As to the draw all things considered, Brugge is a good draw.  All teams are strong at this point.  50/50.

• Like it 1

So if Only wins, they go up vs Aston Villa/Lille

We get the winner of Fiorentina/Victoria Plzen. Best set of draws we could have had IMO

Even though we could have been drawn against Olympiakos in QF and SF, we will not meet them until the final. Wouldn't it be great to have a PAOK - Olympiakos final in the AEK stadium, with fans of both teams present!!!!

• Like it 1

Did making it to this stage net us another million euros? Or did we get 600k (with that million coming only if we win the QF games)? Got myself confused with the link Dutch Eagle shared on page 5 of this thread.

• Like it 1

9 hours ago, pash said:

Brugge vs PAOK!

Both matches (April 11 and 18) kick off at 22:00 EEST. 

MD 5 between PAOK and Olympiakos (April 14) is postponed as both teams used the right for postponement in case of reaching the QF.