Phantis Forums

ECL-PO-L1: PAOK - HNK Rijeka (19-08-21, 21:00 EEST)

Blackhawk

We did a good job in the middle third of the field. Just no attacking creativity and again our defense is letting us down. We may have one of the worst defense in Greece. And that’s not even exaggerating. It consists of a 35,34,33,28 year old. 

• Like it 1

Exactly. We could only play at high intensity for about 20 minutes. After that we started making mistakes and giving the ball away, which eventually led to the goal. Now it will be impossible to break their compact defense. Most likely scenario is another goal on counter.

Just now, PAOKSYD said:

Did we even create one genuine chance in the first 25 minutes? 

The only half chance I see is swiderskis header in injury time.

That’s correct. No creativity up top. Zivkovic has been a dud this season so far. Then we let go Tzolis, Warda… Oliviera is hurt. Only chance is a penalty or off a corner kick (if we get one good damn delivery)

Just now, Blackhawk said:

Zivkovic will be a dud until he gets a new contract or is sold. 

I don't really see a way of turning this thing around.

I think he needs team mates. Remember he was playing in a Benfica side that was fast-paced and creative.

3 minutes ago, Athens4 said:

I think he needs team mates. Remember he was playing in a Benfica side that was fast-paced and creative.

He was our best player last year. And that’s basically with the same team. He just doesn’t seem to even be attempting to break down defenses.

The squad is a joke, who is responsible for spending money on these players who besr days are way past them? 

The only attacking options to bring on to turn the match are Koutsia & Murg..... 

This season has the markings of disaster all over it.