Phantis Forums

SL1-R12: Aris - PAOK (13-Dec-20, 19:30 EET)

Blackhawk

When you don't score you can't win games. That's our biggest problem right now. We were the better team on the pitch but Aris played a smart game and it paid for them.

Some of our top players played poorly today.

Very bad refereeing today as well. Both the ref and VAR. 

Some rotation post-Europe League but poor performance today. A lot of intra and inter-spaces conceeded. No real connections when advancing to the area. A lot of non-sense and innocuous crosses. 

García needs to consolidate its simple, its practical 4-3-3, improving team's compaction. 

Edited by bluevertigo

Forget about the ref calls.  Some will go your way some won’t.  If you wait for all the right calls each game you’ll be waiting forever.  Penalty ?  I wouldn’t have paid it.  But who cares.  If you can score 4 goals you can beat the unlucky calls.  But we can’t do that.  Struggle to score one let alone two per game.

Simply put, not enough firepower.   No full backs scoring goals ala Matos/Vieirinha.  Lack of goals from midfield ala Mauricio/Shakhov.  No striker.  No ten.  Where will the goals come from ?  Can’t rely on Zivkovic and Tzolis cutting in to score every time.  Importantly, a lack of “cheap” goals from corners, set pieces.  I realise the aforementioned players are now past it and had to be replaced, but the idea is (or should be) to replace them then with equal or better.  We have not.  Branko useless.

How would I have played this game if I was the opposition ?  Easy.  Give Tzolis and Zivkovic little space and you’re done.  The others ?  Yeah they might score but I’ll roll the dice.  If we had a proper 10 (my beautiful Biseswar is done) we’d be much better.  Add in a proper striker and we’re doubly good.  Swiderski is all right but not potent enough.  Colak ... a conundrum.

The team is still unbalanced.  No proper RB.  CB’s have dropped a level.  We have lost our aerial strength and just seem to lack some toughness (hence why we’ve lost so many derbies).  Youth being given a go is good but it takes time.  Midfield still lacking a proper 6 since letting Canas go.  The team of two seasons ago would’ve beat our current PAOK team handily just by showing them the hairs on their chest.

I suppose all is not lost.  The team is actually playing quite well in terms of general play.  But there is definitely lots of work to be done.  Just not sure if the squad is good enough or if we require “metagrafes”.

• Like it 1