Phantis Forums

Greek Cup - SF-L2: PAOK - Panathinaikos (27 Apr 17, 19:00 EEST )

Blackhawk

PAOK.jpg.7de7d2bb75e005d04e45c1019fd2758a.jpg  VS  PAO.png.af0b7d6bcb87ecb948f4db11ca53899e.png

MATCHUP:            P.A.O.K. Thessaloniki - Panathinaikos Athens
COMPETITION:    Greek Cup – Semifinal – Leg 2
DATE:                    27-April-2017
TIME:                    19:00 GR  (17:00 GMT, 11:00 CDT, 02:00 AEST next day)
CITY/STADIUM:    Thessaloniki – Toumba Stadium (Capacity: 28,703)

REFEREES:          Georgios Kyzas (Drama) - Koula Hasan (Xanthi), Dimitris Gagas (Larisa) - Charalambos kalogeropoulos (Athens), Dimitris Styliaras (Aitolokarnania) 
TELEVISION:        COSMOTE Sport 3 (Greece), Antenna Satellite (USA, Canada), Antenna Pacific (Australia), Laola1.TV (Worldwide)

P.A.O.K. - Panathinaikos - Greek Cup history:    

2006-2007:  QF – Leg 1: :  PAOK – Panathinaikos  2:1 (Konstantinidis, Mieciel) - Attendance: 20,000
1993-1994:  R3 – Leg 2: :  PAOK – Panathinaikos  0:0  4:5 pen. - Attendance: ?   (ELIMINATED)
1990-1991:  SF – Leg 2: :  PAOK – Panathinaikos  1:0 (Skartados) - Attendance: ?  (ELIMINATED)
1984-1985:  SF – Leg 2: :  PAOK – Panathinaikos  4:0 (Siggas, Kostikos, Alexandridis, Karasavidis) - Attendance: 40,000   (QUALIFIED)
1981-1982:  SF – Leg 2: :  PAOK – Panathinaikos  1:0 (Koudas) - Attendance: 38,774   (ELIMINATED)
1972-1973:  QF:  PAOK – Panathinaikos  2:0 (Paridis 2) - Attendance: 45,000   (QUALIFIED)
1970-1971:  QF:  PAOK – Panathinaikos  3:2 (Sarafis, Paridis, own goal) - Attendance: ?  (QUALIFIED)
1950-1951:  SF:  PAOK – Panathinaikos  1:0  (Papadakis) - Attendance: ?   (QUALIFIED)

GAMES:  8
WINS:      7
TIES:       1
LOSSES: 0

Neutral venue Greek Cup games:

2013-2014:  FINAL: :  PAOK – Panathinaikos  1:4 (Vukic-p) - Attendance: 47,000 (played at OAKA)
1976-1977:  FINAL: :  PAOK – Panathinaikos  1:2 (Terzanidis) - Attendance: 28,490 (played at Karaiskaki Stadium)
1971-1972:  FINAL: :  PAOK – Panathinaikos  2:1 (Koudas 2) - Attendance: 34,831 (played at Karaiskaki Stadium)
1954-1955:  FINAL: :  PAOK – Panathinaikos  0:2 - Attendance: ? (played at Leoforos Alexandras)

• Blackhawk changed the title to Greek Cup - SF-L2: PAOK - Panathinaikos (27 Apr 17, 19:00 EEST )
59 minutes ago, pash said:

Blackhawk, if you could compile some stats on how often we do better after a return leg looks insurmountable, I will gladly send you a tsoureki. My aunt gave me four :(

I am all tsourekied out thanks to my pethera. She was busy baking all week.

We did manage to overturn some insurmountable leads  in return legs. One in 1985 comes to mind, and of all teams against Panathinaikos and also in the semifinal of the cup. We lost 2:0 in Athens, and then destroyed them 4:0 in Toumba.

Here is the second goal of the game by Kostikos with a scissor kick after which he was 5 minutes unconscious.

kostikos.jpg.f676baba49caeae141bc4b801c419b30.jpg

• Like it 2

I can't see us qualifying. Well let me rephrase that, I can't see us keeping a clean sheet, so that would require us scoring 4 to go through which i just dont see happening. Berg has been a pain in our ass for years, he will find space as we will be chasing goals combine that with the pace of Klonaridis and Mpokou, I just can't see them not grabbing at least one goal. 

I hope I'm wrong and I hope we win 3-0 but my money is on a 2-1 win on the night

• Like it 1

I am of the same opinion. We should have scored at least one goal in Athens or at the very least lost only 1:0. I'll be happy if we give it our best effort and whatever comes out of it.

I really don't know how Ivic will go with this one. As JVC says above, defending will be even more important than before. Could we see a 3-5-2? That would be interesting, maybe pairing Pelkas or Campos with Prijovic.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he starts Klaus over Prijovic, though I hope that's not the case. All players are currently available and training normally, no injury issues beyond Mistakidis. My best guess:

--Glykos--

--Matos--Varela--Crespo--Leovac--

--Shakhov--Biseswar--Cimirot--

--Campos--Prijovic--Henrique

Though it's tough to tell if he won't prefer Canas or Warda in there over some of the other players (Cimirot and Henrique probably)

We'll need a little luck Thursday. Panathinaikos will rely on counters in order to get one goal. With a little luck we need to prevent that from happening. The sooner we can get the 1:0 lead, the better and then push for the 2nd goal that will send the game to extra time/PK's.

We have a glut in the midfield, any combination of those players I'd be fine with.

Warda over Campos isn't a bad idea at all, but I have a feeling Campos' bizarre knack for forcing really surprising mistakes out of his opponents could prove decisive. Generally, if Campos doesn't start out well, he doesn't end well, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see both on the field anyway.

Η Τούμπα τις περισσότερες φορές στα σημαντικά παιχνίδια μας πληγώνει. Ιδίως όταν έχουμε τον τίτλο του "φαβορί". Δεν μου αρέσει καθόλου το 2-0 του πρώτου αγώνα, αλλά τουλάχιστον με αυτό τον τρόπο πηγαίνουμε μαζεμένοι και σεμνοί. Αν το πρώτο ματς ήταν 1-1 ή έστω 1-0 τότε θα ακούγαμε διθυράμβους για το πώς θα διαλύσουμε τον Παναθηναϊκό και θα πάρουμε την πρόκριση. Και το πιο πιθανό να χάναμε. Οπότε τώρα που είμαστε μαζεμένοι και σεμνοί το θεωρώ πολύ πιθανό να κάνουμε την έκπληξη!

On 4/24/2017 at 5:54 PM, paokarag4 said:

I can't see us qualifying. Well let me rephrase that, I can't see us keeping a clean sheet, so that would require us scoring 4 to go through which i just dont see happening. Berg has been a pain in our ass for years, he will find space as we will be chasing goals combine that with the pace of Klonaridis and Mpokou, I just can't see them not grabbing at least one goal. 

I hope I'm wrong and I hope we win 3-0 but my money is on a 2-1 win on the night

Statistically I agree.  It's likely PAO will score.  But the ball is round and anything can happen.  A silly deflection, a slight off side that isn't called and all of a sudden it changes the game.  The key is to get the first goal and from then it's game on.

Here are our nineteen players:

Γλύκος, Σιαμπάνης, Λέοβατς, Μάτος, Κίτσιου, Κρέσπο , Μαλεζάς, Βαρέλα, Τσίμιροτ, Κάνιας, Σάκχοφ, Μπίσεσβαρ, Πέλκας, Κάμπος, Ουάρντα, Ενρίκε, Ματθαίου, Αθανασιάδης, Πρίγιοβιτς

• Blackhawk changed the title to Greek Cup - SF-L2: PAOK - Panathinaikos (27 Apr 17, 19:00 EEST )