Phantis Forums

State Of Mind Of Our European Opponents

Dutch Eagle

Amazing 2nd leg that was. We hammered them chance wise and just couldn't finish. We got a deserved albeit lucky goal from Musli closing doing the keeper (pressing before it was fashionable!) I'll never forget Ivic and Salpi 2 on 1 with the keeper, Ivic plays it across to Salpi who just couldn't reach it to give us a 0-2 lead and probably qualification to the round of 16.

Up there with our best European performances in modern times, despite not winning the match. 

12 hours ago, Athens4 said:

We were all over them at some point. I could not believe it when Salpiggidis missed that chance. The way they scored was also ridiculous. That game along with those against Ajax sum up PAOK in big European matches.

That 4-4 game vs Ajax will haunt me forever.

• 5 months later...

The fantastically-named Tsunami (their only left-back) has been injured, and is out for a month. Presumably they'll have to play one of their other defenders out of position there. Zivkovic will have a field day, hopefully.

https://inpaok.com/736681/sovaro-provlima-gia-ti-lefski-enopsei-paok/

https://www.transfermarkt.us/levski-sofia/startseite/verein/156

5 hours ago, pash said:

The fantastically-named Tsunami (their only left-back) has been injured, and is out for a month. Presumably they'll have to play one of their other defenders out of position there. Zivkovic will have a field day, hopefully.

Oh I am sure we will make their 3rd choice defender look like Roberto Carlos.

• Haha 1