Phantis Forums

Europa Play-Offs PAO-Qabala 2nd leg 27/08/2015 21:00

Think of this as a blessing in disguise!

The thought crossed my mind before the game, we don't need the distraction.

Now we can focus 100% on the league and generate as much points as possible early. Now we give our selves the best chance possible and if we deliver the gavroi will get  a real shock in the 2nd half of the season were we tend to come alive.

Dog if you can't beat Qabala at home you can forget about the league.

Someone needs to take responsibility though. Its a joke the players we splashed cash on haven't played. Just as it is we keep those 2 Croats around for big moments like this. I've tried to keep it back as I accept we are rebuilding on a budget but F*** we've become such a small team.

This is what I think the problem is....Anastasiou is trying to bring Dutch style football to Panathinaikos....You can't give him players like Bourbos and a bench filled with Klonaridis and Ajagun, and expect to become Ajax!

Then he shouldn't try implementing that philosphy. He knows he has s%$#! players who have one or two abilities then are largely medicore. To me he seems like a decent coach - nothing great but not sure he is meant for a larger team.

Lay off alafouzos reaper, the guy is doing all he can. He doesn't know about football matters, he has put his faith in others for that. We need a new technical team.

I agree that the fans will move on from this. By monday, all will be forgotten. WIn our first 5 games, the mood will change.

This is what I think the problem is....Anastasiou is trying to bring Dutch style football to Panathinaikos....You can't give him players like Bourbos and a bench filled with Klonaridis and Ajagun, and expect to become Ajax!

In order to play Dutch football you need a strong bench, and strong physical players that can run close gaps and win one on one battles....Did anyone notice how tired some of the players looked at thd 70th minute Ninis is one of players that looked dead. That's when strong physical and talented teams take over, when the going gets tough....Who's Anastasiou going to bring off the bench to change the dynamics....Klonaridis, Ajagun, a burnt out Petrich, Lagos, Bourbos on the field what a joke....Plain and simple Anastasiou has burnt out this team, because this team doesn't have it in them to play Dutch football!!! We need a coach that fits the budget, maybe the ex Asteras coach can take over and make us s good supa league team!!!

Very good point you make and typically it's a high pressing system. Remember bielsa's bilbao side showing up for one game and being depleted, absolutely legless for the next game.

Similarly we can't compete on all fronts. Now we have a week between games, makes a world of difference.

Apart from the result, the way we played was just as terrible. Based on that performance we are no chance of winning the league. This is not a blessing in disguise.

Furthermore the environment at the club will now be dark, new players will be questioning why they came. Sanchez was attacked by a fan after the match. He will struggle to adjust quickly. Nano attacked too.

The recipe for further disappointment is well and truly there.

We need a supa league coach, this team can't play Anastasiou brand soccer....They're not physically built to play that way...And certainly not talented enough to even be consider to be able to play that style....Physically weak.

His style suits the league, not europe. We have seen this in the past.

Everyone here is all about Anastasiou blah blah blah. Is anyone even mentioning this teams penchant for not being able to finish? That's not a coaching thing, that's a player thing. How many chances are they going to squander? Creating quality chances wasn't a problem. Finishing them certainly was.

As for firing Anastasiou, firing any coach in August basically before the season starts is stupid. Yes bad early results. But should PAO somehow win the title at the end of the season with Anastasiou would this year be considered a failure because we bombed out of Europe?

• Like it 1

What was the coach thinking when he came up with the idea for bourbo to cross the ball into the box all game. He is s%$#!. Zeca should have been at RB. And he subs out pranjic instead of ninis who was bad in the second half. Then once zeca is gassed he moves him to RB? My goodness idk about you guys but I wanted to play in EUROPE forget the league we are not going to win it. I wanted us to make it into the groups at least and watch some matches. Now every weekend I will be watching games wondering if we will be dropping points to last place teams like we are so good at.

Wemmer will need to pan out otherwise as i predicted, zeca right back when essien, abeid are ready.

I know it's tough but it's for the best. Playing a few games in the europa league, wont do anything for us.

Price money is rather small and insignificant. i'm sure alafouzos and co. can cover. If not, they will lose kareli.

My only concern is the fans reactions to some of our players. Regardless of the result, we can't have people acting in an uncivilized manner attempting to physically attack the players. A bottle barely missed berg, also i'm hearing someone else tried to choke nano, absolutely disgusting. Fair enough justified criticism but not this. We need to rid of these idiots.

vokolos,fyssas, anastsiou need to get fired on the spot,ive had it in for anastsiou ever since the xanthi debacle last seaon,against panaitolikos,we were gifted 2 goals ,the way we are playing ,the transfers,the lack of improvement over the time he has been in charge all point to one and only conclusion ,he needs to go.

enough is enough.

• Like it 2