Phantis Forums

Europa Play-Offs PAO-Qabala 2nd leg 27/08/2015 21:00

I don't know if this team can win the league. This defeat can be much worse than not going into the Europa. So, let's say by a miracle they win the domestic title. They'll still have to qualify to go to the CL next year. For the last 2 years, they drew very, very favorably. I mean what do you expect? Gabala? OK, they got a nobody of a team. Couldn't frikin pass that one either. The same with the national team, very favorable group, but if you lose to Faroe Islands twice you're not a serious team.

Second, if your plan is to play in Europe you bring players that can help you immediately, to qualify for euro play!!! Whatever they spent for Essien (who I said may be here to retire) they could have gotten back and more by advancing into Europa if not play at least another 2 games (as Brugge did against Man U). Even if Essien is good or whomever they aren't really interested in the crappy Greek league if there's no hope for euro play. Unless of course they come to cruise to retirement. Frankly, I don't care to see Essien doing fantastic tricks against Levadiakos or Platanias.

Oly has gotten tens of millions of $$ by automatically qualifying for the CL all these years, plus they have an owner who has more $ than all the rest of the league. It's easier to attract worthy players who play well in europe matches while they struggle to maintain their interest when they play in crappy league on even crappier fields.

So, for years PAO has been bringing in players who don't really give a s%$#! nor do they know the history of the club. And, it'll get harder to attract quality players.

This is THE MOST EMBARASHING DAY IN PANATHINAIKOS HISTORY!

Whoever is involved in this FIASCO SHOULD RESIGN IMMIDIATELY! That includes the entire Managment team,the coach and his satff and a whole bunch of players who have no business wearing this glorious jersey!

i am a PANATHINAIKOS supporter since 1970! There must be a couple of embarashing moments in the 45 year run that I follow the team!

One, if I remember correctly was an elimination by Zwicau of East Germany back in 1972 or 73! The other was a 0-6 score against a Romanian team!

Today's FIASCO surpasses all the above by miles!

I have mentioned it in here numerous times that this team of players and coach are COMPLETELY USELESS AND THEY SHOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO WEAR THE JERSEY WITH THE CLOVER ON THEIR HEART!

This team NEEDS TO BE DISMENTALLED IMMIDIATELY!

It has no future or any aspirations of getting anywhere!

I am so embarashed to call myself a PANATHINAIKOS SUPPORTER after falling to a team of kazakstan!!!!!!!!!!

If any of these people who run the team,palyers,coaches etc have any decency or pride for temselves and the team, THEY SHOULD RESIGN NOW!

ENOUGH WITH EXCUSES!

PANATHINAIKOS IS A MASSIVE TEAM and these idiots have made it into a very small football entity!

IT IS TIME FOR THEM TO LEAVE! NOW!

• Like it 3

I said after the 1st game against Brugge your defence isn't that great at all and I don't think it can win you a title and today showed that once again against a nobody team.

As you guys I didn't expect that result today, very unexpected.

Hopefully your coach and players put this behind them and get things right in the league otherwise it will be a long season for all involved.

i am a PANATHINAIKOS supporter since 1970! There must be a couple of embarashing moments in the 45 year run that I follow the team!

One, if I remember correctly was an elimination by Zwicau of East Germany back in 1972 or 73! The other was a 0-6 score against a Romanian team!

I have been a supporter for almost as long. I can remember the 6-0 against Dinamo Bucharest, the 1-4 against Leverkusen at home, 0-3 against Ajax, etc, etc. 

But they were decent teams, they were very good. The cr*p we've lost to in the past few years would've been demolished by the Pao teams of those years.

This team is total rubbish. If you rely on a player like Ninis, a total failure in Italy and PAOK reject, to be your playmaker, you are in serious trouble...............

This is THE MOST EMBARASHING DAY IN PANATHINAIKOS HISTORY!

Whoever is involved in this FIASCO SHOULD RESIGN IMMIDIATELY! That includes the entire Managment team,the coach and his satff and a whole bunch of players who have no business wearing this glorious jersey!

I have mentioned it in here numerous times that this team of players and coach are COMPLETELY USELESS AND THEY SHOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO WEAR THE JERSEY WITH THE CLOVER ON THEIR HEART!

This team NEEDS TO BE DISMENTALLED IMMIDIATELY!

It has no future or any aspirations of getting anywhere!

I am so embarashed to call myself a PANATHINAIKOS SUPPORTER after falling to a team of kazakstan!!!!!!!!!!

If any of these people who run the team,palyers,coaches etc have any decency or pride for temselves and the team, THEY SHOULD RESIGN NOW!

ENOUGH WITH EXCUSES!

PANATHINAIKOS IS A MASSIVE TEAM and these idiots have made it into a very small football entity!

IT IS TIME FOR THEM TO LEAVE! NOW!

Nothing will nor should be dismantled.

Agree with last 3 sentences though, and i said it after our transfer period. We brought in players this year, regardless if you like them or no, some good some we haven't seen yet. Everyone should be judged from now on. There is no more 3-4-5-6-7 year plans.

Only way to clean this fiasko today is to win the championship. TERMA

file mou acco6,you are not going to win the championship with anastsiou in charge and with the roster they have come up with ,its not going to happen.they didn't buy the right players ,they renewed contracts that should never have been renewed.

for crying out loud we just got knocked out by an azeri team ,what was with the starting 11 he put on the field in the away game?

thank you for the 3-0 but man he needs to go,its over better know than later at least now you can bring in a coach and salvage something from the season.

as the song says ITS OVER .

file mou acco6,you are not going to win the championship with anastsiou in charge and with the roster they have come up with ,its not going to happen.they didn't buy the right players ,they renewed contracts that should never have been renewed.

for crying out loud we just got knocked out by an azeri team ,what was with the starting 11 he put on the field in the away game?

thank you for the 3-0 but man he needs to go,its over better know than later at least now you can bring in a coach and salvage something from the season.

as the song says ITS OVER .

I think we will have a fair chance if Essien and Abeid play to their potential. Fair chance means...you know what I mean!

As for Anastasiou, I have backed him up all along...But after this today no more. I won't ask for his head yet but no more words of encouragement!!

Truth be told if he was fired/resigned today it wouldn't be a bad thing. 

But who is available out there that doesn't have a job late August??

• Like it 1

Nothing will nor should be dismantled.

Agree with last 3 sentences though, and i said it after our transfer period. We brought in players this year, regardless if you like them or no, some good some we haven't seen yet. Everyone should be judged from now on. There is no more 3-4-5-6-7 year plans.

Only way to clean this fiasko today is to win the championship. TERMA

• Like it 1

@Accor6 his position is unsustainable,he has lost the exedra,we missed out on one of our major goals ,European football,we are playing rubbish,for sure abeid will help,but when something is built on the wrong foundation it needs to be torn down,it wont stand.

anastsiou has a history of making bone head decisions,last season the gavroi were ther for the taking and anastsiou stuffed it up.

we can find a coach tomorrow from argentina or brazil ,alafouzos might need to pay something but it can be done.

next bad result with anastsiou in charge will implode and there will be trouble,get rid of him for the good of the club,he should know himself hes done.

Keep this crup going then!

I need to ask you a simple question!

Does this team have any players the caliber of :

WANCHICK

SARAVAKOS

ROCHA

KALITZAKIS

APOSTOLAKIS

WARZYCHA

KAPSIS

DOMAZOS

ANTONIADIS

ZAJEC

DIMOPOULOS

MARAGOS

BORELLI

EKI GONZALES

should I go on?

If any of our current players have the skills and the qualities of the above...they should stay!!!!

If none of them has it...they should LEAVE IMMIDIATELLY!

m*****a post of the month. We will never have these players again. You are talking about legends

• Like it 1

I already posted on him on this thread and match. He was useless second half, nothing balls floated in the box. First half, he was unlucky not to score.

There are 100s of articles by ex pao legends, journalists and experts saying Ninis can't last more than 60 minutes in the Greek media the last months.

Anastasiou must have missed them. However you don't need to be expert to see Bourbos would not get into the Atromitos team. Anastasiou was a disaster tonight and as others have said, the best thing would be to cut the loses now and sack him. However, Alafouzos imo will help AEK and Oly and keep him on board. 

It's not so much that Anastassiou was a disaster tonight kai m*****es toumbana. It is the fact that he does not have the team ready to play!! Plus. every single time the other team will score on us on their first opportunity