Phantis Forums

Panathinaiko Kafenio

Guest PastMember

Meli WILL NOT spend anywhere near $10 mill that's for sure, we will be lucky if he spends $2 mill, we need a striker 100% a winger and a defender, if we get quality in those positions I am confident of top 2, if not then we will have to do the job and MUST win the derbies, but currently our team has a new fresh aura about them with Poyet there so just hope it continues.....

As for PAO I heard the debts are closer to $30-$35 million, is this not correct? How much has Ala dropped into PAO since he took over because when he did take over the debts were closer to $40 mill.... As for 3rd division, the amount of fans you have makes no difference for the team to fall to 3rd division, the league wont be better or worse with PAO in 3rd division, nothing changed when AEK dropped so I wouldn't expect anything to change is PAO dropped.....

Even if it does, the difference between aek and poa's financial woes is that pao owes a bunch of money to former players apparently, aek did not, and relegation would not clear those types of debts as per uefa regulations.

The tv revenues wasn't because AEK dropped jvc they had said that year they were re-negotiating the deal from memory....

As for what we are ranked in Europe atm it doesn't bother me, what bothers me is AEK growing in Greece and seeing the club do well as its being run better than ever, the rest will come in time, I don't expect AEK to go into Europe right away and kill it because it wont happen, look at Juve it took them a good 5 years to grow and look at them now.

I hope PAO doesn't drop and deep down I don't see them dropping but with Ala there the joker he is capable of anything as he isn't the smartest person when it comes to football....

Tzatziki AEK owed MANY players also champ

I don't know Alafouzos' ability to spend (not his worth, but his cash in hand), but Pateras and Tzigger were and are very rich. Therefore, I blame them for leaving the club in such a financial ruin. Also, that they didn't use their power to control the Oly owners. Very bad management too. Under Pateras, they spent more that $100 mil, but today the club has to pay David a former player who did nothing for us (from the Pateras era) $800 thou. as CAS has ruled. :tdown:

When Pateras left, PAE had a considerable war chest at hand. If you recall, that was the year Tzigger took over again and brought us savoura to replace the departing talent. So in resume, the latter didn't spend much, he then "gifted" his shares to symaxia, and by some coincidence, the club suddenly found itself in high debt.... Sounds to me like it's obvious who the guilty party is in this fiasco...

• Like it 1

jvc people don't watch the SL because of the way its become it has nothing to do with where AEK was playing even if PAO did drop there would be no difference, people don't want this league why would they watch it for when they know what will happen each season?

As for the standard yes it has dropped and needs massive change....

As for my team maybe your team is playing wanabe soccer and B Division football but I don't agree on that for AEKs part, we have built a decent squad and have played good football along the way and for a first season back where we currently are sitting is something you and most probably everyone else didn't expect us to be. If AEK keeps the core of these players and adds some quality in the next 12 months this team can achieve good things I believe.....

jvc people don't watch the SL because of the way its become it has nothing to do with where AEK was playing even if PAO did drop there would be no difference, people don't want this league why would they watch it for when they know what will happen each season?

As for the standard yes it has dropped and needs massive change....

As for my team maybe your team is playing wanabe soccer and B Division football but I don't agree on that for AEKs part, we have built a decent squad and have played good football along the way and for a first season back where we currently are sitting is something you and most probably everyone else didn't expect us to be. If AEK keeps the core of these players and adds some quality in the next 12 months this team can achieve good things I believe.....

You play to what's infront of you jvc, AEK isn't to blame for the league being the way it is they can only get on with their job and get the results they require....

As for finishing 2nd by default sorry I don't agree AEK should not be finishing 2nd this season considering we just came back to SL, but we have the squad that can finish 2nd, that's the difference and it has nothing to do with PAO or PAOK being terrible/weak, AEK has a plan where as others teams don't seem to have that currently and that's why AEK is where they are.

I don't think PAO was the real deal it was more they went on a great run and were getting results each game and also beat the champs, even though they got docked the points....

I do agree though 2nd place doesn't mean much at all especially with this m*****a playoff system that's in place, but for AEK this season only, 2nd place is a great achievement for a teams that's just come back to the SL..... If we did make CL then that would be huge but personally I am happy with a Europa spot for next season....

I don't see it happening jvc, we will be lucky if he spends 500K in January, though if he did which I personally doubt it would send a clear msg to all. I just hope what he is seeing from the team and Poyet now that may make him spend a little but again I doubt that will happen as he is holding out on the ground which tomorrow should be one of the last things we require to be signed off on and then hopefully March we can get that started also.....