Phantis Forums

1924 - 2004, 80 Years AEK

The2ndMouse

I assume that true AEK supporters do not know how to spell Google where we are told

(see http://www.aek.com/faq/faqen/storyen.htm)

Pioneers of this effort and founding members of the new club (association) were Emilios Ionas, Kostas Dimopoulos, Miltos Ieremiadis, Menelaos Karotsieris, Menelaos Ionas, Timoleon Tagarhs, Kexagias. Moral supporter of those people was the late Kostas Spanoudis and his daughter Athina. The decision was unanimous about the name.

ATHLHTIKH ENWSH KWNSTANTINOUPOLEWS. And the emblem was the black TWO HEADED EAGLE in yellow border... The Phoenix was reborn from its ashes the TWO HEADED EAGLE was stretching his wings in the Athenian blue sky... It was Summer, July of 1924... The beginning took place.

Unless of course you meant

Alfabetatze Euskalduntze Koordinakunde's (AEK's) main aims are the recovery of the Basque language and it's restoration as the Basques' first language

or

AEK welding machines company (in the Czech republic).

Con,

Tough and underachieving years are PRECIOUS if one can learn a lesson or two out of them ... ! ;)

The problem is that in my Lifetime I saw the "Z" years and when Malissanidis and Karras managed to lead AEK Back to the surface they enjoyed the times glory without building for the Future. (Let alone securing any future chances of someone else trying by selling to Troxanas! (Melisanidis, the currently portrayed as Saviour, did) )

The flipside of the last years misery is that if the next to take over are wise, they will also create foundations for AEK to pass to a totally different leve. The new ground is not a bad building block to base a different future on too!

Se Xares kai se Lypes Mazi B)

--

P.S Thanks for the info Abi.

• 8 months later...

AEK ATHENS is celebrating 80 years of football history, by returning to their roots, Constantinople !

They have scheduled a friendly with Galatasaray on the 12th of October, but they will arrive on the 11th for a visit to the Agia Sophia the Patriarxio,etc.

Bravo sas , I like the idea :tup: There will also be a return leg in November at OAKA.

http://www.sportaction.gr/news_detail.cfm?...d=1&parent_id=0

Great news for AEK!!! :tup:

Mouse why don't you go? Poli is a very nice place with loads of kebabs!!! :tup:

P.S. By the way, to those who are going I advise you not to go INSIDE the Aghia Sofia... You will get a weird feeling that will make you sad..... Just visit and have a look at it from the outside.... ;)

What a fantastic idea. Loads of luck to AEK.

Elastonpappou 13, why are you telling people not to go inside the Agia Sophia?Just curious because I was inside there last year...weird to see it it the way it was, but it's still a huge part of our history.

Where is Abi...... to tell us....why AEK has chosen Konstantinopel for celebration..... as Konstantinopel belong to every Greek team....

And where is Abi....to teach us...., why this topic has been opened in the AEK forum

PS.... And by the way....where is the Moderator of the AEK Forum ?

.........He hasn't shown up for ages...... Mbas kai se 3ena "limania" trigirisi ?

What a fantastic idea. Loads of luck to AEK.

Elastonpappou 13, why are you telling people not to go inside the Agia Sophia?Just curious because I was inside there last year...weird to see it it the way it was, but it's still a huge part of our history.

Because of the exact same reason as you... If you go in you can hardly relate it to the biggest Orthodoc church as it is now a Jami 100%. If you want to see a Jami you could go across the road to the blue Jami which is much better. Aghia Sofia is supposed to be a church and not a Jami! :angry: To be honest I regreted the fact that I have paid a ticket to actually see a huge part of our history being vandalised.... ;) If the same thing happened to some other country apart from Greece I am pretty sure that their government would never allow for such a manipulation of a historical temple of their religion.... :tdown:

I have no problem with our Turkish friends and most people know it (as I have many friends there) but the issue of Aghia Sofia is very sensitive.... ;)

Where is Abi...... to tell us....why AEK has chosen Konstantinopel for celebration..... as Konstantinopel belong to every Greek team....

And where is Abi....to teach us...., why this topic has been opened in the AEK forum

God knows where abi is but I will like to share with you a memory and a thought:

1) As I remember there was a fellow who tried to convey the idea that when you choose to commemorate events that marked the the history of the nation, e.g. the events that took place in 1453, not in the company of your fellow Greeks but in a venue that is by its nature exclusive, you harm, first and foremost, yourself and the entity on behalf of which you attempt to hijack the Greek history.

I also seem to remember that he did not, as far as I could tell, succeed in persuading a single soul that he was right and I hope that by now he has finally understood the wisdom of accepting that Greeks do not share equally in the history of the nation.

2) The gentleman who opened the topic called the city AEK's home. Should I be wishing that it stay there?

Happy 80th anniversary to AEK going back to its roots to commerate this symbolic year for the club.

I read it yesterday in the Greek papers that they were going back to Constaninople to pay a visit of Agia Sophia and the Patrixihio.

But i had no idea they were going to play a game against Galatasaray on the 12th of October and then play a return leg at home.

Thats a very nice gesture and something to commerate AEK's existence.

I hope they spank Gala that would be really good

Good Luck !!!!!

God knows where abi is but I will like to share with you a memory and a thought:

1) As I remember there was a fellow who tried to convey the idea that when you choose to commemorate events that marked the the history of the nation, e.g. the events that took place in 1453, not in the company of your fellow Greeks but in a venue that is by its nature exclusive, you harm, first and foremost, yourself and the entity on behalf of which you attempt to hijack the Greek history.

I also seem to remember that he did not, as far as I could tell, succeed in persuading a single soul that he was right and I hope that by now he has finally understood the wisdom of accepting that Greeks do not share equally in the history of the nation.

2) The gentleman who opened the topic called the city AEK's home. Should I be wishing that it stay there?

Long life for Göbekli......... gia na ton exoume panta masi mas...... :)

Archived