Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos-Roma

pao123

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOOOOOOOOOOOORTO MAGIKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PANATHA MOU TO ONEIREFTO KAI THA TO PW OS TO THEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PANATHA MOU SE AGAPW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TO HASISH TO LSD TO PIO SKLIRO NARKOTIKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ooooh ela re pao mou ellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllla

This wont lead to a progress in the tournament. but it shows the rest of friggin europe that greece is no joke! :box: let's hope we can repeat this against bourdeux next week :gr:

Completely agree!

Congrats PAO! And also, some more points for Greece in UEFA!

One of the best PAO nights against a quality euro team that hadn't lost in 20 games.

Now going to Touba with a nice momentum and with showing that the team can score. 3 against Roma isn't a small feat.

Our defense, well, OK, it could be better. But, we showed composure and ability to score.

Can't wait for the PAOK game now. What a great feeling going into one of the most important games of the season. :tup:

True Roma is a quality team with an unbeaten run....and we broke it. Feels good. I still don't beleive the game is really leading to anything bigger even if we make it to the next round, but i really hope we take that intensity and confidence into Saloniki this weekend.

I was shocked to go to 3-2, but Roma was quite slack on the corners. The last goal was just brilliance.

I think its safe to say last minute winners against teams like Roma is kind of the reason we paid big money for a superstar striker, and with 18 goals by february, saying hes not delivering is pure ignorance or denial.

We need a super defensive performance in Rome. It will be extremley diffiult to hold them.

Regardless of what happens, we did a great thing tonight for our club rankings which were slipping, and also for Greece which needs all the points it can get.

Oh, yeah, I'm happy for tonight's win and getting momentum before a league game. I don't have the illusion that we have the advantage. We could go through, but I know that Roma will score at least once in Italy. Of course, they'll have to open up and we may get a chance to score, but our defense isn't euro caliber right now.

We allow goals in that don't have to be. I know sometimes it's almost impossible for a team to defend (like Cisse's goal tonight) and prevent goals, but we make many mistakes in the back. Unforced errors have been our bane this season.

Ranieri was really trash talking before the game saying, "Romans beat Greeks." This was so silly of a man of his calibre acting like a teenager--we made him eat crow tonight and I hope we can complete next week. If we win we face a team like Liege--then it's on to the quarters. A

Ranieri was really trash talking before the game saying, "Romans beat Greeks." This was so silly of a man of his calibre acting like a teenager--we made him eat crow tonight and I hope we can complete next week. If we win we face a team like Liege--then it's on to the quarters. A

rome hahahaha

forget the collesium, come visit the parthenon!!!!

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooe

What a great night. If we see it out and qualify this will be another great European night. The atmosphere was very flat again though, it's a such a shame. We need our own stadium to make it even harder for visiting teams.

Simao was great and by and large so was Vintra and Spyro, but I do have one or two issues that I hope we can address. Katsouranis has to be dropped. He was a tragic figure out there. He ran about 2 kms the whole game. It's just unacceptable. Karagounis and Ninis weren't making any runs into the box either and poor Cisse looked so isolated as a result.

We looked a lot better when Salpi came on and went to the right with Ninis in the middle because we had some much needed energy in there. We seriously need to work on pressing in the middle of the park because Karagounis and Katsouranis just don't press, and there's no runs into the box either. I find it perplexing how last year centre-mid was our strongest position and this year we look very weak there. Finally Spyropoulos has to work on defending in one on one situations. He's a great crosser of the ball and has pace so he has alot going for him, but he has to work on dealing with skillful wingers. Zairi, Aguero, and Volanthan (for the Swiss) have all destroyed him when running at him, and today he gave away a stupid penalty in the same situation. He has to work on it.

Simao was superb today and if he lines up with Gilberto I'm confident we'll be solid enough in Rome. We can also score there so a 1-1 would be great. We can do it! :gr:

oooooo what a game! Thank you Panathinaikos for spreading such joy again!

Fantastic win! The team played with heart, skill, and showed a lot of resiliency to come from behind twice against a top-notch team.

Salpi tipped gave us the little extra edge we were lucking until he came in. Kante, Sariegi, Vintra, Spyropoulos (minus the penalty) played very well, holding their own most of the time.

Simao was a monster! Amazing performance against quality midfielders. Karagounis/Katsouranis served the midfield well and Ninis was also good (minus his lack of dropping deep allowing Roma to find space to score and hit the post from where he should have been - unless Nioblias told him to stay high).

Leto had was a nuisance for Roma on the wing and served one more world class, half-goal to Cisse who headed it wide it because he wanted to score a more dramatic game winner.

Cisse is a joy to have on our team. Perfect move and a world class goal. I watched over and over how he used his body to lean and displace the defender in 89'. Pure instinct. Roma did well to deny his speed by keeping at least one defender behind him, but he got them with power. He will find a lot more space in Rome where Roma will have to push forward much more than they did today.

We have now put ourselves on the driver's seat to advance in the Europa league. Way to bounce back from the Kavala game too! Perfect! Now we are going to Touba with some swagger to get the championship over with too.

I had to watch the game on delay after work but it was still worth it! It was fun reading your comments here :tup: It's funny to read Ranieri's comments that "Roman's beat Greeks". If he did say such thing, I am sure he was joking but if we wanted to follow up on his joke, we could remind him of 1941 :la:

I LOVE PAO!

Ole - Ole - Ole :nw: Posted Image :nw: Posted Image :nw: Posted Image

What a great night. If we see it out and qualify this will be another great European night. The atmosphere was very flat again though, it's a such a shame. We need our own stadium to make it even harder for visiting teams.

I beleive you are wrong.

Yesterday the broadcast was done by ANT1, and you could notice from the very begining the audio was set so that the commentary was much higher than the crowd. I HATE it when broadcasters do that in any match. It is very much the broadcasting that makes a difference,

I've been to some European games where for a lot of the match the whole stadium was on their feet, and then watch them on TV and you could barely notice the sound.

I like the old days where they couldnt control the audio, and commentators had to literally shout over the noise. That was awesome. It makes everything more exciting. Now most Greek commentators are so damn dull.

Bring that back......ANT1 commentary was ridiculous, begining the match they had 3 different analysts of absolutley nothing, talking for talking sake, and I couldn't hear the atmosphere.

Archived