Phantis Forums

PAOK V PAO

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to win to eliminate the PAOK 1-point advantage, and to lead the playoffs from the beginning. PAOK has a deceptively good team. They are not flashy but they are rugged. Last contest in Touba ended 0-0, but I hope this time we score a couple.

I think our players having tasted the CL this season might want to repeat the experience next season.... So , they should come out hungry for this, but who knows...

I hope the problems/divisions among the owners doesn't distract the team.

I doubt he would trust Goumas or David at CB to move Vintra on the left, but it is a possibility. These kind of defensive changes in critical games can be costly, but we've had some ill timed injuries that last summer's planning didn't account for.

Jakob and Spyro being unavailable is NOT good; I wouldn't mess around w/ the line up since this is an important game, but I don't think he will do anything unexpected. This is going to be tense. Would you guys play Mattos?

Mattos is injured so he is out. Ten Cate was planning to play him in a 3 DM setup. It might be a blessing in disguise and we'll have to play a more aggressive format. No need to be afraid of PAOK, they are a good team, but I think we will play a tight game and hope to gain the momentum as the game is going on. I'd like to see a more aggressive game in Touba with quick wingers. There is a roumor that we might start Roukavina

O, I see, Moon is changins shoes. They were too tight apparently :rolleyes:

9' first visit in Chalkias' area. Decent header by Vintra sailed high.

Apparently we are playing a 4-3-1-2

--------Simao--Gilberto--Ivanschitz-----

----------------Karagounis---------------

------Roukavina----------Manztios-------

15 minutes and we can't organize in midfield. Paok is pressing and we can't exchange the ball more than a couple of times. We don't have any game on the wings so we end up with no space. Paok is holidng the ball but they haven't come near our goal.

30 minutes and we can't do anything right. The game is played in our half and even though we keep PAOK away from the box, its not a good way to win. Roukavina, Karagounis, Ivanschitz, Gilberto need to pick up their game a lot. Salpi need to be on the pitch.

We suck. And that was never a booking on Simao. Tough call though.

Yeah that was total hipocrisy from the ref.

Simao gets a yellow for an aerial challenge but when hes hacked down 2 footed, instictivley I thought yellow card. But absolutley nothing not even a warning. Its so typical. The refereeing really needs to get fair in Greece, its bias for OSFP and against PAO has been so ridiucluously transperant this year you really have to be blind to not see it.

Archived