Phantis Forums

PAO fans in & around NY (combined threads)

drakos13

Oh, yeah, it's freezing out there (in NYC too), but  it's sunny and I need to get out to go for a drive.

New York looks much prettier on  a crisp, clear day. :tup:

man, NY panta einai hot!!!! eisai astoria konta?
I am in Astoria! :tup: (recent moved) anybody know anything about the PAO fan club here?

as for Senor Gonzalez :

He kinda looks like a terrorist :LOL:

Al-Eki - JIHAD AGAINST GAVROS!!!! :nw: :nw: :nw:

Guys, as anyone who has been living in Oxford for the last 4 years would say I envy all the NYers without exception. On more PAO-related issues, Pap is in big trouble: sportime

I profoundly dislike this guy both as a player and as a person so I really don't mind if he goes provided that we sign someone in his place.

Guys, as anyone who has been living in Oxford for the last 4 years would say I envy all the NYers without exception. On more PAO-related issues, Pap is in big trouble: sportime

I profoundly dislike this guy both as a player and as a person so I really don't mind if he goes provided that we sign someone in his place.

I think that's why Papadopoulos is mad, we already did sign Postiga so he knows his playing time is going down.

Like I said before, I appreciate all his hard work in his firs year with Pao, and I think the championship we got was as much his work early in the season as was Olisadebe's goals later on. But the last couple of years I feel we have been handicapped with him as the second forward.

Panathinaikos invested a great deal on him, signed him from Bendley when no one really knew him, and did well to sign him to a new contract last summer. But he needs to put the team above himself at some point, especially since he has not been that stellar on the pitch after getting so much support from his coach.

Best thing is to put this behind us and move on. Not shaking hands with coach is not really a capital offense, and he was sliding to the depths of the bench even before the episode. Now he might have buried himself in the depth chart. Truth is, it might give Mantzios and Tsigas more chances to play; so, see? things work out in the end.

Oh, yeah, it's freezing out there (in NYC too), but  it's sunny and I need to get out to go for a drive.

New York looks much prettier on  a crisp, clear day. :tup:

man, NY panta einai hot!!!! eisai astoria konta?
I am in Astoria! :tup: (recent moved) anybody know anything about the PAO fan club here?

as for Senor Gonzalez :

He kinda looks like a terrorist :LOL:

Al-Eki - JIHAD AGAINST GAVROS!!!! :nw: :nw: :nw:

prepei na kanoume ena meet kamia mera!!! 1-2 fores tin evdomada eimai kato!!

---------------

PS. o papadopoulos eixe ena frastiko epeisodio me ton peseiro gia ton logo pou den ton evale sto paixnidi simera kai eno o peseiro ton esteile na kanei prothermansi.. o peseiro tou apantise ''min mou milas etsi emena giati ego se exo stiriksei polles fores"

sure kanena mats na vlepoume...akoma psaxnw steki gia na vlepw agones....exw vrei Athens Cafe (xwris hxw), ton Lefko Pyrgo (stupid owner changes the channel to watch BAOK) and Zorbas...

you work there? or you just go for kafedaki and mezedakia :LOL:

who else in Phantis is lving in Astoria? Maybe We can make an offline Phantis Sports Club? :tup:

i have heard of avenue actually...i have been to Athens Cafe to watch the derbies...its expensive, and theres no sound

maybe we should start a topic for organizing Nea Yorkides?

i was thinking the same think!!! im gonna start one.. ;)

PS. there no sound at cafeteries like avenue, athens etc etc

avenue has nice girls tho!!! :P

ok opened this topic so we can see whos from NY or around from NY!!! actually im from CT... 2 hours from astoria!! im there often tho... chillin, eating, clubbing etc etc!!!!

PS. look forward so we can meet up :tup:

Paron!

Im not really from NY but Im living here now and looking for work...

Who else?

where you from orinally?

go check for work at the greek cafeteries.. like avenue, flo, grand, athens, omonoia cafe

PS. add me people: www.myspace.com/mr_greek

well i have a long story............

best to say:

"I am not an Athenian, nor A Greek, but a Proud Citizen of the World"

-Socrates :gr:

I call myself a Greek American, but I am not from a Greek family who migrated to America.

I am half greek half american...... but I was born in USA, then I lived in Glyfada until i was 13 yrs, left for school in America then college in Switzerland near Milan...

i had been b/w Greece and Switz for a while in Greece mostly over the summers and breaks from school, now I am graduated and need a job....

In short, I am from Glyfada, but also from Maryland in USA.

I guess yeah theres cafes/bar which would be fun and good money, but i am hoping to get a job in marketing or tourism...

============

anyone have Facebook instead of myspace? B)

best to say:

I call myself a Greek American, but I am not from a Greek family who migrated to America.

I am half greek half american......  but I was born in USA, then I lived in Glyfada until i was 13 yrs, left for school in America then college in Switzerland near Milan...

i had been b/w Greece and Switz for a while in Greece mostly over the summers and breaks from school, now I am graduated and need a job....

I guess yeah theres cafes/bar which would be fun and good money, but i am hoping to get a job in marketing or tourism...

============

drakos...where in switz. did u go to school? i was teaching summer courses at TASIS in lugano 3 or 4 years ago...i also had a job in anavisso and used to go to glyfada often...AND i lived in Delaware for about 3 years....small world...

best to say:

I am half greek half american......  but I was born in USA, then I lived in Glyfada until i was 13 yrs, left for school in America then college in Switzerland near Milan...

============

drakos...where in switz. did u go to school? i was teaching summer courses at TASIS in lugano 3 or 4 years ago...i also had a job in anavisso and used to go to glyfada often...AND i lived in Delaware for about 3 years....small world...
Tasis in Lugano?

I went to Franklin College!! (lol we have a terrible reputation with Tasis, as do they with us)

really small world youre right

We can make an offline Phantis Sports Club?

I'd be willing to help on this... We can get shirts printed with the appropriate insignia...

Let me know if you think this can happen, and we'll try to work out the details.

that would be great....but unfortunatley i dont see too many NY members except for me and FastGr

would be really cool actually...

Also not a PAO fan but lived in astoria for about 6 years.. now live about 15 minutes away around Bayside.

In terms of cafes w/ sound - there is one across the street from the Dunkin (33 st?) on Broadway. Don't remember the name, and not sure if they still do this, but they used to show the games w/ full sound.. mazeve kai kosmo back then.

Another place i used to go to alot was the Nyssirios club (42 st?) Mostly for CL and Ethniki games but they prob show SL games as well. It is off Broadway 1 or 2 blocks above Steinway to your left. If I'm not mistaken there is a bbq chicken place on the corner and the club is above a doctors office.

Archived