Jump to content
Phantis Forums

Akritis_1944

Members
  • Posts

    2,441
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    15

Everything posted by Akritis_1944

  1. Double. For those who think that Greece aren't attacking we scored the most goals in our group in that years Euro u21. We also had the best goal difference.
  2. Torontoblue you are spot on about Portugal. Their youth setup is the best in Europe. They did dominate Sweden in the final and couldn't score. Sweden held out for penalties and won. Portugal should be our blueprint going forward.
  3. I can't vote for either. The referendum should be cancelled. The fascists in Germany have made their views very clear that they don't want to negotiate with Tsipras and they have been exposed for it by the German opposition. I am nit really in favour of SYRIZA remaining in power either. Both SYRIZA and Merkel's government should resign. Greece is never going to repay the debts. By opting out of the Euro Zone and reverting back to the drachma this will have very serious issues for many years. That's not a solution either. Samaras like his football playing namesake is finished. There has to be new leaders from new parties. The truth is that this all fantasy stuff as it's not going to happen. We are stuck with the status quo. We are stuffed either way. We stay in the EZ and hope Germany elect fair minded politicians that want to work with their equivalent Greek counterparts is the only hope I have to see some chance for a better future.
  4. Well said. I can accept a poster rationally arguing for one way or the other. It's a passionate, emotional and immediate set of issues with the ramifications impacting on the Greek nation and her citizens for generations. Gyros is a troll. Plain and simple. I don't understand the angle of his posts. I actually now think that the guy isn't a Greek at all. I'm not wasting my time with him.
  5. What's happening with Slobodan Rajkovic? The news 2 weeks ago was all about him definitely signing but I haven't heard anything further.
  6. Is he going to be the starting keeper or is it Glykos' to lose? I assume Olsen will be the number one. Glykos is frustrating. Some times he looks decent other times he looks like an amateur.
  7. My personal opinion is that unless something new comes out, then Olympiakos aren't going to cop any penalty. They'll play in Europe and keep the titles. What I hope happens is that another club wins the league this coming season. Ideally Asteras, but I'd be happy for Pao, AEK or PAOK. Whomever is worthy. Provided that there's no conjecture about the bias of match officials etc. Are the clubs ready though? I hope so.
  8. Sweden beat Portugal overnight to win the u21 European championship. Consider the following: Greece beat Sweden 5-1 in Group 7 of the group stage. Due to some poor performances we missed out from top spot by 1 point. I'm not suggesting that Greece would have been European Champions but they are at this level now.
  9. Frantzeskos was a classy player. Greek players today can't even come close to the ability of this guy. Why is he in Melbourne? Are the Frantzeskos' who own some businesses in town his relative?
  10. I bet he misses the first half of the season and signs for some lowly club in January 2016.
  11. Bulut signed a 3 year deal and has been officially announced. Let's see how he goes if he gets much playing time.
  12. Credit to Iraklis. They've done their due diligence on this character. In Sydney those idiot clowns at the Wanderers thought they could manage him. 1 month later he was charged by police for intimidating a McDonald's employee.
  13. AEK66 will get a boner at those training pics. They're lifting weights!
  14. Look...if there's a shady KFC car park where he can sell crystal meth in Thessaloniki then he'll feel comfortable.
  15. I read it earlier today from a website. Contra I believe but now I can't find it. However this link is newer and says that he passed his medical but there are concerns about his attitude. http://www.sport24.gr/football/omades/Iraklis/sirial-me-mpoylout.3551164.html
  16. Probably not going to happen. Failed his medical and the club also concerned about his attitude.
  17. Huh? Some of you guys should educate yourselves. The only realistic talk is Greece exiting the Euro Zone. The single currency. NOT the EU (European Union), UEFA nor are geologists and cartographers going to redraw the continents borders so that the country now falls in Asia or Africa. Facts: Greece is a UEFA member. Greece is a member of the EU which allows other EU citizens to work and sign contracts in Greece. The economic crisis will have an impact on players considering Greek clubs the same way they would consider playing in the Ukraine (Who's not in the EU) with the civil mess that country is in.
  18. Ah gyros you have no clue. Tsipras calls the bluff on these gangster banksters. SYRIZA has more of an idea than generations of corrupt politicians.
  19. No, Puma are not a bad kit supplier but the shirt shown earlier is the WORST example of a stock shirt. Arsenal, Italy get their own designs but PAO aren't considered "worthy" of something out the ordinary. If I was a PAO fan I'd be disappointed.
  20. Obviously! He explained to me all about the direct link to himself and Ancient Macedon.
  21. Otto became a parody post Euro 2004. He would have been sacked for the 2008 debacle by most national federations regardless of winning the previous Euro. He was trashing the brand and to be honest, Santos undeservingly copped a bit of that which was unfair.
  22. Yeah pretty much what Reaper said. I think the reality of what they proposed and what it would cost was not worth it. UEFA has approved the current ground for Europe so it will suffice.
  23. Lokomotiva would be the favorite in that tie so I'd think Tudor and his assistant Leko sould know them very well. It's actually a very tough draw. They have some well known players. Ante Rukavina is on loan to them from Dinamo and he was at PAO for a few years. Also they have Jerko Leko (I love that name. Makes me laugh every time!) who's been a Croatian NT player for years. Also have one of the Croatia keepers and an Australian born Centre back who's just been called up to the Australian team. I hope that PAOK is well prepared. They should be fine to progress.
  24. Oh yeah Vardar Skopje are the best club in the Balkans. My mate Kire told me. My tip: APOEL to win at least 5-0 on aggregate.
  25. Yeah Makos is returning from Cyprus so wants his old spot back in the Ethniki. That's as relevant as me saying I'm moving to New York and I want a penthouse apartment in Manhattan. Ela re Kara, make it happen!
×
×
  • Create New...