Phantis Forums

Bosnia and Herzegovina vs Greece (9 June 2017- World Cup Qualifier- Bilino Polje Stadium, Zenica)

2 hours ago, kosaca said:

You are feigning outrage at this incident yet in this thread I've seen people refer to us as subhumans, degenerates, pigs, Turks, etc etc :animaatjes-confused-1124061:. Does that make you any better than them? Not really. As @Rockafeller Skank already said, why are you judging the actions of an entire nation and its people based on football hooligans, as though football hooligans are representative of an entire population? :confused: 

I guess judging by this video you should make all the same comments about Greek people? Nobody is an angel and you certainly shouldn't expect to find them among football hooligans. Certain 'fans' in Athens also attacked and hospitalised a few elderly men when we played in November, yet you don't see any of the same comments being made...

http://www.blic.rs/vesti/republika-srpska/uoci-meca-protiv-grcke-trojica-navijaca-bih-pretucena-ispred-stadiona-jedan-zavrsio-u/3snm1xm

Yes football hooligans do that. That doesn't mean you get away with it. Also the police were hitting the fans for no reason. Is that football hooliganism aswell? I was probably just speaking of the way I feel about Bosnian people who  are Slavs and who are not far away from another Slavic country who think they are high and mighty, who are clueless just like some Bosnian's. I'm talking about the Skops who say Alexander the Great is a Slav when he clearly is not where his mother and father spoke Greek and he was born in a ancient Greek city called Pella. Not all Slavs are bad but there are some real clueless morons who need to be taught a lesson.

Edited by Dean97

15 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Well our team has probably downgraded and we don't wanna believe it either, but our stats are realy better. Maybe it's Gibraltar though,anyways. Have in mind that this scenario is also possible.

I agree with most of your statement, but we did not downgrade. Our team is better than it has been in a long time and we haven`t played with a full lineup without injuries or suspensions in a while, including during the toughest stretch of this campaign. 

Edited by Argy

4 hours ago, Dean97 said:

Yes football hooligans do that. That doesn't mean you get away with it. Also the police were hitting the fans for no reason. Is that football hooliganism aswell? I was probably just speaking of the way I feel about Bosnian people who  are Slavs and who are not far away from another Slavic country who think they are high and mighty, who are clueless just like some Bosnian's. I'm talking about the Skops who say Alexander the Great is a Slav when he clearly is not where his mother and father spoke Greek and he was born in a ancient Greek city called Pella. Not all Slavs are bad but there are some real clueless morons who need to be taught a lesson.

Technically we are Slavs only by language. Slavs who settled in 6th and 7th century on what's today Bosnia and Herzegovina assimilated Balkan native population they found there. There is no such a thing like a Bosnian who is "full Slav" by blood.

And what's your point with that Slav post anyway?

You remind me of Italian media who always call us "Slavs" in their articles, for some reason they like to underline we're of Slavic heritage.

7 hours ago, Dampyr said:

Technically we are Slavs only by language. Slavs who settled in 6th and 7th century on what's today Bosnia and Herzegovina assimilated Balkan native population they found there. There is no such a thing like a Bosnian who is "full Slav" by blood.

And what's your point with that Slav post anyway?

You remind me of Italian media who always call us "Slavs" in their articles, for some reason they like to underline we're of Slavic heritage.

Yugoslavia was a country. Who had many different states that broke up in the late 90s. My point is that those states are now countries and are no different with one another.  I'm not saying all are bad but I'm saying you Bosnian's should be ashamed for what yous did. I saw this happening weeks before the match and I was right. Yes there are football hooligans and they do these type of this things. What about the police,the coaches and players from your team that provoked the whole situation. Also how could you Bosnian's speak so badly about us Greeks on social media or the internet in general. Saying we are this and that, who do you think you are. To talk down to us and speak very badly about us. Yous are nothing You have only been a country for only 15-20 years and yous think you can speak like that, the arrogance is unbelievable, where most of your problems are with Serbians. I think it's time to move on from this as I am just stating how I feel about this situation.

Edited by Dean97

I actually enjoyed watching the physical game it actually looked like the game meant something to both teams. Booing the anthem and the incidents at the end we're unnecesary even though in the first game in Greece Bosnian anthem was booed, srebrenica banner, before that the Bosnian flag was burnt. I think the Balkans as a whole have a massive social issue that one day will resolve itself. If France, England, Germany can all play each other without these types of incidents (with all the history they have had) I am sure the Balkans as a whole can too it might take a few Fifa and UEFA bans. I have travelled to most Balkan countries and you would be surprised at how many nice people there are everywhere. At the end of the day the team that collects the most points will be second as I don't think anyone can catch Belgium. 

• Thanks 1

Hey guys,

i dont know why all the grief between balkan peoples.At the end of the day were all very similar.

Have heaps of Croat and Bosnian friends.Greeks and them allways argue but tend to make friends easy as we are similar.I even married a Fyromian.Guess what,u wouldnt believe how similar culturally they are to us.Even ethnically the balkan populations would have mixed over time.Probably why Greeks are the tallest of all Mediteranean peoples

• Like it 1

• 1 month later...

^I completely agree they should have points deducted...  They have a huge task now to take any points against Belgium playing in an empty stadium and that just might give us 2nd. On the flip side it would have been nice to see Belgium drop a couple points and draw Bosnia which would have given us a chance at first..

• 2 weeks later...

If Belgium draws or even loses to Bosnia we re gonna end up 3rd. Their mentality (talking about Bosnians) right now is dropped to the floor but a result (draw/win) vs Belgium means they have the upper hand on taking 2nd spot. That might Lift them to the sky, because if they do we actually need a result from Belgium AGAIN.

Belgium currently is in a mood "just get over with these qualifiers already". A defeat to Bosnia will bring them back to reality and maybe that hits hard on us.

I am not expecting a draw or win vs Belgium in Athens, unless they stomp Bosnia so hard that they ve already secured 1st spot.

^Good point  I think it's a lot safer  and better for Greece if Belgium beat Bosnia as we pretty much always knew that a World Cup qualification would most likely go through a playoff for us anyways. But if the Bosnians win or Draw against Belgium then Belgium becomes a lot harder for us to get points from in Athens and that might give Bosnia 2nd.

On 8/16/2017 at 3:42 PM, Ellada2004 said:

I agree we should hope Belgium beat Bosnia and that will give us 2nd spot most likely. I have a feeling Cyprus will hold Bosnia too a draw as well.

Bosnia plays too much of an aggressive attacking style to be held up by inferior opponents that don't have much to fight back with. Bosnia struggles when they also have to worry about their defense. They will beat Cyprus handily. 

Edited by Argy

On 22/08/2017 at 8:54 AM, Argy said:

Bosnia plays too much of an aggressive attacking style to be held up by inferior opponents that don't have much to fight back with. Bosnia struggles when they also have to worry about their defense. They will beat Cyprus handily. 

Bosnia will be given a hard match in Cyprus, even a much better Bosnian side last Euro qualifiers was beaten by Cyprus in zenica. With the Bosnians shaky back line I except Cyprus to get opportunities let's hope they take them.