Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BostonThanatos

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2017

pash    1,246

Yeah, I was actually wondering why he didn't play as a LB at all last season - surely he would have been better there than Kitsiou, who could have taken his natural position on the right (and performed better)?

Poungouras is looking likely to stay, though if (good) word from FIFA regarding Zambrano is received, the club reportedly will try to find a team for him in a country that has a later transfer deadline. Russia's ends tonight, I believe.

This was a pretty explosive end to our transfer window, we went from having one "bam" (in Mak) to hitting literally all of our targets. Very impressive. Also shows that while Savvidis might be angry, he has OK'd all of these moves and clearly is not willing to waste the momentum from last season. Amazingly, we seem to have addressed the majority of our issues, save for a good backup for CF (perhaps Koulouris will prove me wrong on that). Fingers crossed that the Savvidis family gives Michel the vote of confidence and holds on to him another year.

We have a ton of young players out there on loan, hopefully to get steady game time. Henrique's loan ends up with a 5mm buyout clause, which would be a phenomenal return on the player, even considering Rennes owns, what, 20% of his rights? And if we don't sell him...we get this player back. Good business on our part.

Vieirinha and Mauricio will likely take 3 or 4 weeks to get fit, as neither of them have trained in some time. Zambrano has been training with Rubin Kazan, so he should be available much faster. Same with El Khaddouri, who has been with the team for a week now.

pash    1,246

I'm reading now that Zambrano's transfer has been approved by FIFA. I would expect chances for a loan of Poungouras just rose significantly.

Blackhawk    800

But only to countries that still have transfer windows open (Spain, Turkey, etc.)

Blackhawk    800

I still think that we will make a move with a free player. Most likely a backup for Prijovic.

Zambrano comes to us on 1-year loan, and it appears that we will pay for half his salary as part of the deal with Rubin Kazan. That's around 1.2 mil that PAOK will pay. Remains to be see if there is a buyout clause.

eskase_i_vomva_sta_aspromayra_o_zamprano

Blackhawk    800

To recap the summer transfer period:

Limnios  (3-years, 130K)
Leveque  (3-years, 350K)
Rey   (3+1 years, 400K)
Paschalakis   (1-year, 140K)
Vierinha  (3-years, 1.3mil)
El Kaddouri  (4-years, 800K
Zambrano  (1-year loan, 1.2mil)
Mauricio  (3-years, 1.5mil)
Mak  (1-year loan, 650K)

Not a bad transfer period if you ask me.

Players that left:  Pereyra, Antonis, Korovesis, Athanasiadis
Players loaned out:  Warda, Melissas, Lambrou, Kitsiou, Charisis, Jairo, Giannoulis, Chatziisaias, Henrique

pash    1,246
9 minutes ago, Athens4 said:

Just read that Enrique's loan includes a buyout option of €5m. That's a shame.

If we get 5mm for him, I call that a win. There is no shortage of players that are stylistically like him (even though I really like the guy and wouldn't complain at all if we get him back next summer).

Blackhawk, don't forget Warda ;)

Blackhawk    800

If we get 5 mil for Henrique, that's like robbing a bank. We invested 1.2 mil to get him.

Yiankos    79
1 hour ago, Athens4 said:

Just read that Enrique's loan includes a buyout option of €5m. That's a shame.

Our you kidding? You live in a parallel universe of what? If they pay 5 million for Henrique then this will be our transfer record fee. And for a player who played just half a season with us? I hope that they are going to do that. If we are able to sell players more than we bought them, that means we are on the right path at last!

Athens4    34

I get that it's a lot of money, however I have a gut feeling that he is going to play well in the Champions League. If this happens then he might be worth even more.

I am also thinking ahead for next year. Mak will probably go back to Russia, which means that if Henrique is sold then we will have to find another quality winger.

pash    1,246

If we sell him for 5mm, we won't have much trouble buying both Mak and Zambrano. And if Mak is a total dud this year (or doesn't want to return)...that extra cash will come in handy.

Bananas    976

Loaning Henrique was a vlakia.  It's not like the club couldn't afford his wages given the wages for the new players just signed.  Along with Mak and Campos, he is the only other proper winger we have.  Vieirinha can probably play it, but can he still do what he used to be able to ?  Did people not see the goal Henrique scored in the EL qualifier ?  It was explosive.  Or the assist he gave Prijovic against Olympiakos last season ?  He is criticized for not defending but that's not him.  If you're going to play him you have to left him just be an attacker.  He has the x factor where out of nowhere he can make something happen.  Would've been nice to have him as an option off the bench.

Tahma    14

Exactly what I thought.

He has that touch of spark which is needed for those dull boring games we can't make anything of. Wasn't expensive to keep either and would've helped immensely in terms of depth.

Yiankos    79

If he wouldn't like to go, he would stay. An offer came from a team who is playing in Champions League and we are not even in the Europa League. I think it's good for every party that he left. And if we consider that he wasn't a starter anyway, his playing time will be significantly reduced now that Vieirinha came. So, why to stay? I also would love to see some of our midfielders go away. I can see most of them being mad that they are not getting enough time. Again, Canas, Cimirot, Kace, Shakhov, Mauricio, El Khaddouri, Biseswar, Pelkas fighting for three positions. Eight players are toooo many.

Tahma    14

A few free agents we might be looking at as back-up strikers...

Cheick Diabeté (last played at Metz on loan)

Welliton (quite sure he's contract just finished with Turkish Club - Kayserispor)

Could be all false but I've just read somewhere.

pash    1,246

Some of these articles are pretty ridiculous...such as saying they'll match his wages but also "offering" to take him off our hands for no fee. I find this very hard to believe.

Bananas    976

I personally think it's not true, but if any club is capable of making stupid decisions, it's ours.  I remember Ivic saying last season that he considered Biseswar in the top 3 players in the GSL, and rightfully so.  If in some alternate universe we do sell him, I'll be stunned.

Blackhawk    800

I think we if we get a good offer from Turkey, I think PAOK will sell Biseswar. By all accounts Biseswar will be a bench player if he stays. However I doubt if it is going to be on a free transfer just to shed his salary.

Personally I don't want Biseswar to go. I would prefer to sell Pelkas before we sell Biseswar.

pash    1,246

With Warda to cover, I wouldn't worry. But an untested (for us) El Khaddouri and Pelkas? Even for some like me, who likes Pelkas more than seemingly everyone else on this forum, that's still pretty rough.

paokarag4    166

Even if Warda hadn't been loaned out, he's not on the same level as Biseswar. Would be a hugely stupid decision to let him go. Lord forbid we have some depth with El Kaddouri and Biseswar. Pelkas is what he is, can be okay, can show glimpses of brilliance but ultimately lacks consistency. 
Hang on to Diego

Edited by paokarag4

pash    1,246

A few more countries have their windows close on Friday, so we're not in the clear yet. Might even see a few more loans on our part (Poungouras?).