Phantis Forums

Panionios - Galatasaray

Irlandos

penalty from two stupid errors and a breakaway......if its in its over.

2-0, Makos got a red card after the penalty for nothing and the match may as well be officially over.

2 controversial goals, but they counted....

Panionios deserved at least a draw, they were better overall just lacked any talent up front and in the air off their 20.000 corners and free kicks........

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we'll need to win in Vienna and beat Bordeaux to get through. Tough, tough ask. But the way the group's shaping up, even getting 5 points (win in Vienna. draw with Bordeaux) may well not be enough. Bordeaux already have 6 and Helsinborg 7 - and Galatasaray only need to beat Vienna at home (I think) to have 6 too.

If only we hadn't conceded that late equaliser in Sweden...

Looks like we'll need to win in Vienna and beat Bordeaux to get through. Tough, tough ask. But the way the group's shaping up, even getting 5 points (win in Vienna. draw with Bordeaux) may well not be enough. Bordeaux already have 6 and Helsinborg 7 - and Galatasaray only need to beat Vienna at home (I think) to have 6 too.

If only we hadn't conceded that late equaliser in Sweden...

Difficult but not imposible.Panionios has showned much heart and quality in the european games so far and i really believe that they could do it. :box:

http://www.goal4replay.net/GoalWatch.asp?ID=3646&Ln=En

offside, by a huge margin.....was there even a linesman?

http://www.goal4replay.net/GoalWatch.asp?p...1&Ln=En&ID=3647

penalty? watch all replays, Makos was nowhere near him....

and its not a matter of Greece v Turkey but of football.......

Panionios were robbed, the last goal Panionios 2-0 down with 10 men completly broken in morale was a matter of time.....

3-0 is not a fair score by anymeans..... come and play Panionios fairly they worked so hard to get there...

http://www.goal4replay.net/GoalWatch.asp?ID=3646&Ln=En

offside, by a huge margin.....was there even a linesman?

http://www.goal4replay.net/GoalWatch.asp?p...1&Ln=En&ID=3647

penalty? watch all replays, Makos was nowhere near him....

and its not a matter of Greece v Turkey but of football.......

Panionios were robbed, the last goal Panionios 2-0 down with 10 men completly broken in morale was a matter of time.....

3-0 is not a fair score by anymeans..... come and play Panionios fairly they worked so hard to get there...

I just saw the clips and man how unlucky was Panionios and conversly how lucky were the Turks!?!?!?

A clear offside for the 1st. Like the guy on the goal4replay site says "gamw ta offside tous reeeeeeeeeee!!!!!UEFA sou lene.......oute elliniko prwtathlima na itan!"

As for the so-called penalty, a decent and proper referee would have a) yellow carded the attacker for simulation or B) let the game play on as it appeared that he just lost his balance with the Panionios player a good 1/2 metre away.

Also typical politically correct UEFA.com make no mention of the dubious nature of the 2 goals on the summary of this game...they go on about that has-been hack sk/\ta Sukur turning the game...what a load of bollocks!

Absolutely no mention of the appalling decisions that led to this unfair score!

The same with lazio's goal yesterday against Olympiakos. Uefa.com make no mention of the "controversial" goal....the ball had crossed the line a good foot.

I saw the goal that Stelios scored against Ari today and he too was OFFSIDE. When Kevin Davies headed the ball Stelios was 1/2 a metre offside!

Whats up with these shocking decisions against Greek clubs....you might start getting those inclined to believe that UEFA is consciously trying to keep Greek football down. ;)

If you think how these decisions can have an affect on our co-efficient it's upsetting. :nono:

Panionios' match may have finished in a 0-0. Thats some points there. Aris would have beaten Bolton (a team from a high co-efficient country) away. More points. Also Olympiakos' goals for/against would have been better if they hadn't conceded that goal.....I know it's all hypothetical but you'd like to believe that the officiating at UEFA level can be fair and impartial and if there is a mistake the laws of the universe would mean that they would average out in a match because for Panionios and Aris there may not be anymore matches in their UEFA campaigns.

Whats up with these shocking decisions against Greek clubs....you might start getting those inclined to believe that UEFA is consciously trying to keep Greek football down.  ;)

When I've suggested this in the past 1 or 2 posters here roll their eyes and refer to stupid conspiracy theories... fine. But what other explanation is there to explain the evidence?

It isn't just BIG decisions like the Panionios and Aris examples. Or that handball that Carlos did when Olympiakos were 3-2 up against Real a few years back, or the red cards Gerrard and Hyypia should have had in the game against Liverpool (the 3-1). Look at the not-so-obvious examples, like the Lazio vs Olympiakos game. The constant little decisions conspire to break up a teams rhythm as well as granting the other team the ball. How about when Anorthosi were on the brink of CL qualification and the played Rangers?

But hey... it's just a coincidence I guess.

Ultimately, it's our own fault though! In such a big, politically charged game like Panionios vs Galatasaray you expect a strong and fair ref. Instead we get a 3 yard offside goal, and a fake penalty and unjust red card so why doesn't Panionios kick up a big fuss and demand a UEFA investigation into betting irregularities, etc? Instead, all Greeks want to be good, liberal Europeans that say "doesn't matter, next time we might get a decision that goes our way... in the meantime, let's lube up our arseholes!"

drop the rangers game, that ref should have been fired right after the match...

the panionios goals i can understand, its NOt a conspiracy...... the linesman was obviously not paying attention and on the penalty it looked like a penalty at first until i saw the replay, Turan just lost balance, he wasnt touched at all....

there needs to be an appeal system in UEFA...but this is what makes football the most interesting sport, its totally free for anything to happen...its just the nature of the game, sometimes you get screwed, sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you earn it, sometimes you dont...

there needs to be an appeal system in UEFA...but this is what makes football the most interesting sport, its totally free for anything to happen...its just the nature of the game, sometimes you get screwed, sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you earn it, sometimes you dont...

Please enlighten me with some examples of when Greek teams have had big lucky decisions go our way in Europe.

friends, as a Galatasaray fan, i am sad to agree with you all regarding the comments on 1st and 2nd goals.

any ref or linesman who approves that 1st goal should immediately resign, if any pride!!

the only positive thing we did was the 3rd goal, that's all! i wish i could have a time machine and go back to glorius year of 2000 again.

it is so sad that to see one of the 2 leading teams of a country in such an awful situation

Archived