Phantis Forums

Kostas Katsouranis (retired)

Katsouranis scores the winner

check the above link for the goal.

His goal last night was a classic good reaction and was at the right place at the right time.

Currently the best benfica player along with Rui Costa the two of them are the heart of benfica, Katsouranis is already legend for benfica :nw:

Do all Benfica fans share your love for him or is your admiration a personal view?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His goal last night was a classic good reaction and was at the right place at the right time.

Currently the best benfica player along with Rui Costa the two of them are the heart of benfica, Katsouranis is already legend for benfica

Edited by Ricardinho

Currently the best benfica player along with Rui Costa the two of them are the heart of benfica, Katsouranis is already legend for benfica

Yeah i miss Karagounis he really did well for us i understand his reasons for leaving though was family related, he really loved the club and wanted to stay but in the end he returned to Greece i wish him all the best.

as for the Rui Costa and Katsouranis part so true ask any benfiquista they'll tell you both are the heart beat of the team. :tup:

Hope Katsouranis has a great game tonight and gets a goal.

Yeah i miss Karagounis he really did well for us i understand his reasons for leaving though was family related, he really loved the club and wanted to stay but in the end he returned to Greece i wish him all the best.

as for the Rui Costa and Katsouranis part so true ask any benfiquista they'll tell you both are the heart beat of the team. :tup:

Hope Katsouranis has a great game tonight and gets a goal.

Good luck tonight, would love to see you get a result and qualify.

• 2 months later...

I actually saw the video of the incident on goal4replay.net.. it seemed to me that katsouranis was charging towards him...

it did not show any finger gestures, but by the looks of things, katsouranis should have left the matter alone, got on with the game and informed the club about the incident later... not charge towards a player, giving him the finger and making an embarrassing situation infront of your fans and other teams fans to laugh at..

stuff luisao... katsouranis is greek, greeks dont act like that... should have known better in my opinion :nono:

Edited by levendi2000

is katsouranis is a good player come club competition? does he get many assists or the odd goal or 2?

i just find it funny that atletico madrid will take him on boared for loan then 6mil.

personally i dont think he is that good judging by some of his games for greece

Very sad moment and from two of our most senior players, it will be terrible to see Katsouranis leave on this note especially after all the loyalty he has shown the club over the years.

To be honest the whole benfica set up at the moment is stuffed up, the club is being run like cr@p, Camacho is such a muppet !

Very sad moment and from two of our most senior players, it will be terrible to see Katsouranis leave on this note especially after all the loyalty he has shown the club over the years.

To be honest the whole benfica set up at the moment is stuffed up, the club is being run like cr@p, Camacho is such a muppet !

It is terrible to see him leave like that...If i am corect ricardihnio, the greeks had a good reputation at benfica the last couple of year with karagounis and katsouranis? This must of ruined it all.

Btw does anyone no how much crap luisao got in? He got absolutly NO blame for this. NONE hes barly in crap

It is terrible to see him leave like that...If i am corect ricardihnio, the greeks had a good reputation at benfica the last couple of year with karagounis and katsouranis? This must of ruined it all.

Btw does anyone no how much crap luisao got in? He got absolutly NO blame for this. NONE hes barly in crap

This was the best thing that could have happened to Katsouranis. He has the talent and ambition to play for a better club in a better league. Aside for Benfica, Porto, and Sporting the Portuguese league isn't that great. Moving to Spain is a step up for a player of his caliber.

Katsouranis has shown that he is a loyal player and respects the team he plays for. He could have easily left AEK after 2004 but chose to stay and help the team. For him to lash out on the pitch in the manner he did tells me that he has been putting up with a lot of abuse and disrespectful behavior.

Edited by TheCity1924

Apparently it was the last straw because Katsouranis and Camacho don't get on either. This is an unsavoury incident and a shame, I've always liked Benfica alot. Having said that, Katsouranis has a great reputation for being a great professional so maybe this incident with Lusiao is a case of Camacho (and his captain Luisao) being difficult off the pitch and this is the culmination of it all.

Overall though I think maybe Katsouranis was getting too comfortable at Benfica and this might be a good move for him to get that fire in his belly back before Euro 2008.

It's too bad that if Katsourani ever did go to Chelsea, he'd probably be glued to the bench. Is he still going to Athletico or is that just a rumour?

He wouldn't be glued to the bench. Essien is the only top class holding midfielder they have (Makalelle is aging). Katsouranis is also versatile and can play at centre back too. He would get games. Personally I want to see him at A.Madrid.

its a 6 month loan to chelsea apparently..

i think it would have been an excellent move - a greek international in what many people call the best club in the world at the moment.

even if he was on the bench, he would get the best training and experience and he will learn alot at chelsea..

whats the difference when he will be benched at benfica for the next 6 months?

anyway benfica are being stubborn they wont let him go

• Argy changed the title to Kostas Katsouranis (retired)