Phantis Forums

Summer 2006 transfers

cyberfish

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Salpigidis would be a bad signing in my opinon... I mean think about it for a sec lets say Pao do pay around 2.5 million for him that means he will have to start to justify his transfer meaning either Gekas or Mantzios will slip down the order to make this happen meaning there development will b screwed...

I personaly dont think a striker is needed; i would rather focus on another defender or RW however if a striker had to come in and make Gekas or Mantzios slip down the order then that striker better be in the caliber of Saviola = World class...

anyways from what i understand will probably make one more transfer this period meaning either Saviola (24 argentinian striker that is capped); jorgensen (31 year old RM; danish capped) or Salp (26 Greek striker;capped) are looking to come.. Meaning no defenders :tdown: unless a last minute thing is done...

I agree with Holywood. We're fine up front... we have enough good strikers and they'll compete for a position, but too many and it's bad for their spirits as there simply isn't room for all of them.

Our midfield should gel together and feed our strikers. But, NOTHING good happens without a SOLID defense guys! PAO's greatest moments came because we had one of the best defensive units around. Ofcourse you need to score too, but if you have a swiss cheese defense you can't do well, especially if we want to compete in Europe. [where last season we averaged 3 goals in per game!.... or was it more?]

My take on Seric is that if we get an offer of $1 mil. we should sell him. I know he's good and all, but he hasn't earned his pay yet nor has he performed all that well.... not to mention that he's hurt our team frequently by loading up on yellow (red?) cards!

i think the transfer window for us closes on the 18th of august. but dont look for any late signings.. expect all the transfers to be done by the 5th or 6th of august.

giving time for the teams to prepare.

saviola seems far one day and close the next. i still think hell end up on a bench on a top team rather then one of the top strikers in greece.

we shall see.

later skaters

panatha sent a fax to barca saying they have 3 days to say yes or no to the Saviola deal, so we will now soon enough..i say he wont come but who knows for sure...if he does or doesnt i could care less though, cuz i think we are more than ok on offense and he is a little overatted.....tevez was alot better than him in the wc, thats y he rode bench in argentinas last game...anyway...............

to be honest I think there wont be much change to how we finish this year i predict 2nd or 3rd again.

our defense is still crap we need another defender and we are wasting our time bringing strikers in

If we dont sign at least 1 more defender we will be in the same s**** we were in last year and cop 3+ goals in Uefa against decent teams....

there are so many good defenders that we can get.....

maybe.....

not seeing the team play hardly any friendlies is a big reason....

its ridiculous. the team needs GAMES not practices...

last year there was the excuse about it being a new team...and thats fine....but if its a new team, HOW COME THEY PLAYED 3-4 FRIENDLIES ONLY???

Geyros is playing that many -----this WEEK alone and playing the charity match vs the local village DOES NOT COUNT AS A FRIENDLY!!

We need matches! Bakke is already making the same mistakes as Malesani and hes been here what a month...mistake of being content with the defense, and not encouraging more friendlies...i dont really care for tactics im sure hes great but u need the essentials first....

and i dont get Saviola....weve wasted a month on him now....guess what if hes takes so long----HE DOESNT WANT TO COME. We dont need him anyways we have no problems with strikers and judging off of what i saw in the WC with Mexico ----- Mantzios is better anyways!

And, Saviola won't come to play for a club that finishes 2,3, 4 (except once) in the last 10 years......... Saviola wants to have a Euro presence and a respectable show, domestically and internationally. I also believe that Saviola will NOT come to Greece.... He's using PAO's offer as a way to get more $$$ from others! Mark my words!

I said this last month.... and explained my reasoning.

I also thought (even though I'm in the minority here) that Saviola was a very expensive item for us right now..... Players like him should be brought in to make the difference when the team is already high and successful... (this includes strong euro presense)

maybe.....

not seeing the team play hardly any friendlies is a big reason....

its ridiculous. the team needs GAMES not practices...

last year there was the excuse about it being a new team...and thats fine....but if its a new team, HOW COME THEY PLAYED 3-4 FRIENDLIES ONLY???

Geyros is playing that many -----this WEEK alone and playing the charity match vs the local village DOES NOT COUNT AS A FRIENDLY!!

i know about these friendlies.....but im still not happy. that makes six friendlies total...

OSFP is pushing themselves playing a lot more friendlies --- like last year, its the right idea. They have already played twice as many as us.

This is almost the same amount as last year and we dont need to be reminded how badly prepared we were last year. For a young team that needs game experience last year......WHY DIDNT THEY SCHEDULE MORE MATCHES? OSFP is aging and theyre playing more! Whats wrong with this picture...?

Archived