Phantis Forums

Fan trouble at Toumba

Ziaka

Once again we saw major fan trouble at Toumba Stadium during a PAOK game. This time it was during the Olympiakos game.

Approximately 20 to 30 "PAOK" fans started a fire in Gate 4, when they lit a mattress soaked with gasoline (!!!!) on fire. They also started throwing rocks on the field, which interrupted the game. Something similar happened in the game with Xanthi, which resulted in a 1 game ban for PAOK. This time police made 5 arrest, but it is not clear if those arrests happened outside of Toumba. Day or two before the game reports were saying that there would be approximately 1,000 policemen at Toumba. Those reports were either not true, or at the very least they did nothing about the situation. It is reported that many fans entered the stadium for free and the police did nothing about it.

This time the circumstances are little bit different, considering the fact that organized fans boycotted the game and stayed away from Toumba.

PAOK is looking at a major ban for several games, considering that they allready had one punishment this season. It is assumed that the games against PAO and AEK will take place in empty Toumba.

Finally right after the game there was a report that udese was stopped by 4 youngsters and threatened with a knife. His car was supposedly also damaged. Udese did not report this incident to the police, and there are those who believe that he faked this story in order to get a release from PAOK.

The way you look at it, the situation at PAOK is very bad, and I don't see the situation getting any better very soon. I think the problems start at the top with the president Giannis Goumenos, and trickling downhill. The fans don't help the situation either.

It will take a long time before things get resolved in my opinion.

Are there any photos available that show the crowd trouble? Also, how the hell did they get a matress into Toumba? It's not something you can sneak in under a jacket...

EXACTLY

How in the hell does that get through security.... THAT'S THE PROBLEM w/ Greek soccer...

They say all these cops and MAT are going to be there but when push come to shove.. You don't see a soul...

No matter what I've posted MANY replies since yesterday and I can honestly say that I'm sooooo frustrated w/ Greek soccer that I don't want to watch it or show it to my 8yr old son... It's a shame because He's a die hard fan and when EPT shows a shot of Rivo shaking his head in disbelief and in the background there's a burning mattress in the stands.... What do you say to the kid??

I know that it's funny but EPO SUCKS and they are the ones to balme for all of this...

Udeze has walked out of training and has asked to leave the club. Funny how all of this happens just as gays are looking for a defender. Also interesting to see how they had time to tell him of their plan to attack Teo and Salpi (another player linked to Athens based clubs). Will be interesting if these so called "agnosti" will ever be caught. Udeze must be spending too much time with Fuchine. :nono:

Anyway I was never a fan of his, better he leaves and makes room for Melissis, or one of our younger defenders, seeing that this season is for gamisma anyway.

p.s. Why did they attack Udeze, not Briakos, Goumenos, or even lines men ???

The Udese attack is a fabricated one. I truly believe that. Here is a player that is trying hard for last year or so to leave the team. I think Goumenos has a hand in all of this.

My belief is that Goumenos knows that his end is near, and that he will sell all the good players before he does. Why do you think that last week there were stories about salpi going to AEK.

I was in utter disbelief watching that game on Sunday.....How in the world can human beings act like that during a freakin' soccer game??

Where the heck are the freakin' police in Greece?? How do people get into stadiums without having a ticket???

And they want a Super League in Greece....not now, not ever.

And how do you get a mattress soaked in gasoline into the stands?

There is more to the this than we know. Gate were wide open and people were coming and going as they pleased.

And all this in front of Orfanos, who watched it from the VIP boxes with Goumenos.

these clowns dnt care about football...they just want money and thats what bites them in the ass....ts time to start cleaning up our acts...i dont think anything will change unless a harsh penatly is instilled but the question is when will the epo do it, who will they do it to and whether they will have the balls to deal with the fan and media and club reaction...we have been solving our prolems o short sghted and passively...its time to start instilling harsh pnishment and a differnt mentality...im sure everyone is as sick as me of seeing all of it but if a tough punishment occurs i can assure you i will be seeing..."why is this happening to us when so and so club did so and so thing in the past"...its time to start a POSITIVE precedent even if it means negativity towards one team fr an event(and trust me, some punishments may follow but eventually ppl will learn)...no one will learn unless a strong punshment follows...some may not agree with this but look at the stance the epo has been taking so far... more "hands off" punishment is given and that gives fans the thought that no matter what they do, no BIG punishment will happen...lets start punishing firstly the FANS that do this severly and the clubs...there has o be a stricter mode of control now or else no good will accomplished for the future..and this is not just coming from a pao fans perspective...if pao fans did this(as they have) i would be saying the same thing(as i have been saying everytime something like this goes on)....its time for SERIOUS action, not just bullsh*t...

And how do you get a mattress soaked in gasoline into the stands?

There is more to the this than we know. Gate were wide open and people were coming and going as they pleased.

And all this in front of Orfanos, who watched it from the VIP boxes with Goumenos.

-where did tha matress come from?

6 people are in court because of yesterday

I really hope they make these morons report to a nearby prison every game from now on. Home and away Only this will work

No fan bans.. no fines. no 3 pts.. only this,,

You keep them put of the stadium you dont have problems thats all..

The next guy that does this ? same thing.. Im sure paok's team doenst need fans like this

Is that really hard?

If EPO/EPAE/government had any balls, they would tell the teams "No European Competition Until You fix the Problem". If they do that the problem will be fixed right away.

I heard that several season ticket holders are trying to get all the people with season tickets to collectively take the six people that were arrested to the courts and to demand damages for losing the right to see the games due to the bans.

If EPO/EPAE/government had any balls, they would tell the teams "No European Competition Until You fix the Problem". If they do that the problem will be fixed right away.

I heard that several season ticket holders are trying to get all the people with season tickets to collectively take the six people that were arrested to the courts and to demand damages for losing the right to see the games due to the bans.

the europe thing wont work..

even if the season tix. people ask from the 6 for money back.. another 6 will be there next week for trouble..

the only thing that will work is JAIL

Yep I am sure we would all love to see PAOK be made an example of.

I personally think EPO should bring in English consultants to advise on how they cleaned up their game. I mean that was one hell of a transformation, and their game has never looked better.

But this violence probably underlines more serious social and economic problems in Greece, particularly in Thessaloniki and the fact that Greece has an Athens centric based economy.

I personally think EPO should bring in English consultants to advise on how they cleaned up their game. I mean that was one hell of a transformation, and their game has never looked better.

But this violence probably underlines more serious social and economic problems in Greece, particularly in Thessaloniki and the fact that Greece has an Athens centric based economy.

Completely agree and also I would be totaly for us not having a PROTATHLIMA for how-many years it takes in order to clean our crap up...

English Consultants.... YEAH why not? At this point can it get any worse???

:tup:

I personally think EPO should bring in English consultants to advise on how they cleaned up their game.  I mean that was one hell of a transformation, and their game has never looked better.

Completely agree and also I would be totaly for us not having a PROTATHLIMA for how-many years it takes in order to clean our crap up...

English Consultants.... YEAH why not? At this point can it get any worse???

:tup:

I have to agree. We need to do something to STOP this crap. If we have to bring outside help let's do it.

I was in Greece January and went to to Xanthi game at Toumba. When the fire started, the firemen were affraid to go in the stands to put out the fire, because stuff was being thrown at them from every position at Gate 4. When the police came they also were affraid to go into the stands. They used there shields to protect the fireman as he was trying to put out the fire, while the fans at Gate 4 were throwing and yelling everthing they could at the police and firemen. I felt awful and wanted to go over, grab this idiots and throw them out. I took many pictures and will try to put them online. I think the gates around the field should come down and the police be in the stands with the fans. To be able to take immediate action on any person acting like an idiot. Playing games in empty stadiums is getting kinda of rediculous and childish.

the only thing that will work is JAIL

That goes without a question, but you have to catch the people that created all the trouble. from what I am hearing at least half of the people that got arrested had nothing to do with the fire and object throwing. Two of them were arrested for trying to get into the stadium using fake tickets, and one of them was from Gate 1 (that's where the big shots watch the game) after he threw a water bottle at the ref.

I took many pictures and will try to put them online.

Please do. It will be interesting to see.

After the fan trouble with Xanthi, PAOK received one game ban. Obviously that did not deter anyone. At that time PAE PAOK promised to install cameras and increse security for the upcoming games, but none of that happened. The people at PAOK have hard time paying the players. They don't have money for security.

Here is what is so sad about this whole situation. There were close 14,000 fans at the stadium. The trouble was created by 20 to 50 derranged fans. Very clear minority. it is the majority of good fans that will suffer as a result. They will not be able top see their beloved team for the rest of the season.

I mean if fans are allowed in the game for free

and a Matress soaking wet from gasoline some how get into a stadium

wuts next let's be honest

to this point were lucky its nuttin more then just fire being lit

i think something worse will happen if this violence "senseless" doesn't stop

its not a mystery that Paok's Toumba fans are considered most notorius in Greece i mean just look at soccerclips.net

off course i am not scape goating them as well

Gate7, Gate13 and Original 21 are just as bad as Gate 4

for starters why do u burn something in your own stadium

do Paok fans at least care about there stadium which holds alot of history for the club

as u have seen with Olympiakos in Karaiskaki, Pao and AEK in OAKA, Iraklis in Kafantoglou, and Ergotelis last season in a new stadium

there have been mininmal fan violence there b/c of respect to these venues

now i know its economically impossible to provide new venues but u see a difference

look i see Paok getting between 3-5 match ban but again does this solve the problem

maybe deducting points this time around is a starting point but i am not for that cause again the players are being hurt directly and i feel as though they shouldn't

as we all know we need to improve security for starters to stop this non sense

As always when this sort of thing happens, news comes out about investors wanting to buy into PAOK. This time a Russian gas company is the rumour.

Any mentions of Russians wanting to invest in PAOK smells of Batatoudis. He has recently become very active in Russian businesses. Makria apo tous Rossous.

Archived