Phantis Forums

Television documentary on derby

Kevin

Hello,

My name is Kevin and I am doing research for Irish television station RTE on European football derbies to be shown in a documentary series. One of the featured programmes is on the Panathinaikos V Olympiakos derby.

I was hoping forumers could offer me some assistance. In particular i was hoping you could recommend bars and cafes where Olympiakos fans visit so we can chat to passionate fans and gain an insight to Greek football and the derby. There is a possibility that well informed interesting fans will be featured on the programme and it would be great if people volunteered to meet the television researchers.

I would be also grateful in the meantime if people could provide any unusual facts about the derby, or significant events in previous derby matches. Perhaps great players who have graced previous derbies. I am intersted in the history of the fan rivalry and the cultural, historical political reasons for the hatred.

Any information you can offer would be gratefully received,

Many thanks Kevin

You might be interested in having a look at the sports newspapers that support the two teams. 'Fos ton spor' and 'Protathlitis' for Olympiacos and 'Athlitiki Icho' for Panathinatikos. I would also suggest to get in contact with Antonis Karpetopoulos (his e-mail address is [email protected]) who is a very well regarded (by some people at least) sports journalist and works closely with journalists who cover both teams. He might be able to help you with getting the right info. Another thing you might be interested in is the supporters TV programmes. I am not sure if there is a regular one by Panathinaikos fans, but Olympiacos supporters have a regular slot on TV Magic which I think is owned by Olympiacos owner Sokratis Kokkalis. If you get hold of some tapes of the pre- or post-derby shows you will find them very informative.

tsoukalas = informative...

tsin tsin tsin... im laughing in chineeese...

its just a visual hot line for poor red bast*rds livin in the filth of pireus to gossip about their favorite team... since the have no jobs, aand all that...

it is very entertaining...

we Panathinaikos fans dont have such shows... since we r seriously speaking the best representative of greek football in our countrys modern history... the last 30 years that is...

but since oly mods want to shut me up, this post will b deleted.. greeks... founders of democracy...

we all know the truth...

ta ta

its just a visual hot line for poor red bast*rds livin in the filth of pireus to gossip about their favorite team... since the have no jobs, aand all that...

we Panathinaikos fans dont have such shows... since we r seriously speaking the best representative of greek football in our countrys modern history... the last 30 years that is...

but since oly mods want to shut me up, this post will b deleted.. greeks... founders of democracy...

we all know the truth...

ta ta

Kevin might want to get an idea of the ambience and I think this is pretty representative.

As for the filth of Pireaus, I don't know which classy place you come from, but I really doubt your neighbours would consider themselves as filth.

How did the 30 year glorious history of your club start? With Aslanidis?

we all know the truth...

ta ta

:bangin: :band:

Go back to MELITZANA land :LOL: :LOL:

make up your mind man.. mas ta zalisses....

this is the olympiakos greek management, which is bringing our country 50 years behind the rest of the european countries...

by the way, the majority of greeks are oly fans... what do u expect...

PANATHA VORIA PROASTIA... (Northen Suburbs 4 ever)

Kevin you'll definatly notice that there's a different class..In this forum the osfp fans would be considered the LOW class

low class!~!!~!!!!

look at your club supporters

there coming ot games to boo the players and especially the coaches

your own team they come to hate on

now thats low

Kevin you'll definatly notice that there's a different class..In this forum the osfp fans would be considered the LOW class

low class!~!!~!!!!

look at your club supporters

there coming ot games to boo the players and especially the coaches

your own team they come to hate on

now thats low

OSFP11 this not the first time they have turned on their players rememver 2003 OSFP -vazeles 3-0/

kevin the difference between our fans and then is that s no matter what desp[ite all the embarasments in europe ... we still love and support our team

we dont go to stadiums with hatred to cause troubles

we dont turn our stadium to a jungle (as per malezanis comments)

forget about which team has more championships and which has more history in europe. the point is that this truly is one of the greatest rivalries in all of european soccer. kevin, you should try to get tapes of the oly win in rizoupoli 2 games before the end of the season which gave oly the championship. that was the essence of the rivalry because our fans (oly) made that place scary to play in. pao couldnt play there game and ended up losing 3-0 and losing the title. also you might want to check out the 1-1 tie a few years ago when oly were rewarded a pk in the last minute to tie the game and pao fans rushed the field and beat the ref into a bloody pulp, on camera. i'm sure there are people in here that can tell you the dates of those games. also you might want to include in the doc that our president , the great mr. kokkalis called all pao fans "customers" hahaha.

by the way, the majority of greeks are oly fans... what do u expect...

what did you expect them to be?losers like you?

some people have brains and heart that is why the preffer to be osfp than being pao.it is the simple truth my boy.

Guest Protathlitis7

you might want to put some of these classic derby pics on your documentary

(another nickname of pana fans is lagoi meaning rabbits)

Posted Image

Posted Image

a derby victory away to pao:

Posted Image

Guest Protathlitis7

Posted Image

this incident started a whole string of grudges and violence between the actual players of the two clubs, this one was at a 3-0 win which decided the title for Olympiakos. It is an infamous game which happened 3 years ago now and since then you might want to mention that the management of pao has tried to get rid of almost every pao player who participated in that game

Posted Image

Posted Image

the biggest violence revolves around the osfpp fans we call "giftous"

totally low class.. osfpp fans are like a bunch of homeless people to give you a better understanding of the word "giftous". Hope this helps Kevin

IF WERE gifti the pao fans must like animals running around in a jungle.. you know like last sunday at oaka where there u found guerillas.. dogs.. kanivalous etc etc

LOL

Guest Protathlitis7

totally low class.. osfpp fans are like a bunch of homeless people to give you a better understanding of the word "giftous". Hope this helps Kevin

Kota, Two weeks ago PAO fans tried to set an Aris fan on fire and burn him alive

As for PAO fans we have been belting them for years. pote den 8a valoune mualo but it still fun to do so :box:

Posted Image

this picture here shows Antzas (Olympiakos) showing Kyrigiakos (Pao now currently Rangers) who is a bigger man lol

this was part of the infamous 3-0 defeat

after this game Pao players on that team were being haunted by there own supporters

some of the Pao players who were on the NT had Pao fans following them and booing them and trashing there property like there cars !!!

Olympiakos#1

read my signature thats all u need to know

IF WERE gifti the pao fans must like animals running around in a jungle.. you know like last sunday at oaka where there u found guerillas.. dogs.. kanivalous etc etc

LOL

u are real gifti!

the biggest 1 is kokkalis and tsoukalas(with his cowboy shirt)

the question is why hasent kokkalis giving him another 1 all theese years?

Archived