Phantis Forums

Francesco Coco to OSFP

The is no chance an Italian player will come to Greece :tdown:

With this years transfers i believe the club has screwed up big time.

Firstly the comittee extended players contracts and bought a couple of players without us having a coach at the time :whistle:

Secondly players like Anatolakis,Pantos,Maurogenidhs,Sourer,Pappas,Kyriakos + Boulit our coach probably doesn't even rate them at all :o

I hope we at least get 2 quality strikers because if we don't we can kiss european success "Good bye" :(

i dont think that the chances are bad for this to happen. he didnt play much for inter lately and for him it would be the chance to get even a starting spot in the team and play in champions league. only if inter would want too much money he wont come.

but i agree that after a nice start with some good transfers things have become too quiet around our team. we definately need some more players. our management should have waited till the new coach would have come and then they should have renewed the contracts and bought some players.

as far as for some players who will be loaned, it seems as if levadiakos is interested in getting pappas and d'acol for the season. wouldnt be bad for them i'd say. could be the opportunity for them to get a starting spot and gain some experience.

This is far from being closed, but everything 'seems' to be pointing that way. Considering his playing time lately due to his injury prone body, this is a bad mve. Yet considering the potential talent and some of the hype surrounding the player, really knocks it up in the air.

I guess we'll have our answer sooner or later as to what he becoms at the limani.

i dnt know guys, if this guy has goten over his injuries, its not a bad pick up... the mistake u guys made was getting bulut (the turk guy)...

if i were an osfp fan i wouldnt b so down on this....

Is this because he is a Turk? Sorry but I couldn't disagree more. Get over the school history, political propaganda and other sources of prejudice. Or, at least, don't bring it back again; we diverge to political discussion from time to time but this shouldn't become the rule here.

I apologise in advance if you meant something else, of course.

i dnt know guys, if this guy has goten over his injuries, its not a bad pick up... the mistake u guys made was getting bulut (the turk guy)...

if i were an osfp fan i wouldnt b so down on this....

Is this because he is a Turk? Sorry but I couldn't disagree more. Get over the school history, political propaganda and other sources of prejudice. Or, at least, don't bring it back again; we diverge to political discussion from time to time but this shouldn't become the rule here.

I apologise in advance if you meant something else, of course.

well im glad u did apologise in advanced because u really do have the wrong side of the stick here....

i know of him through his years at panionos and he wasnt that good and the fact that his 30 years old plus u guys r paying him 800k a year for three years are the reasons and only reasons why i doubt him...

i for one think you guys could have done heaps better and Coco would be a huge upgrade compared to him....

Im also against the childish Truk/Greek wars we have in here at times :tdown:

However in future try not 2 assuming what i or any other members in here say because u can really damage there image through posts like that :P...

anyways its all good :tup:

I knew it was coming:

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews...s=77153&progr=0

According to Italian media reports, Inter Milan’s Francesco Coco is set to join Ajax. Press reports state that Coco has left Inter’s preseason training to travel to the Netherlands in order to sign for the Dutch giants.

For one more time this summer we have demonstrated our inability as a club to lure anyone, one blotched attempt after the other. Even the "sure" Iversen matter has slipped into limbo for GODS SAKE, how INEPT are we ? This relative scandinavian nobody whom we cant even wrap up with ? I think Sollied now needs to realize this and just put out as good of a product as he can with what we have.

BTW: If slap after continuous slap isn't enough proof in the need to develop an even SOMEWHAT PRODUCTIVE youth system, I frankly don't know what is.

:unsure:

According to Italian media reports, Inter Milan’s Francesco Coco is set to join Ajax. Press reports state that Coco has left Inter’s preseason training to travel to the Netherlands in order to sign for the Dutch giants.

If the transfer is finalized then Coco would have resisted interest from other clubs especially Bolton and Everton in England and Olympiakos in Greece.

The 28-year-old defender is a player that has never quite fulfilled his vast potential. In fairness, injuries have dealt a severe blow to his career. In fact, the left-sided back has barely played in the last two years because of long-injury lay-offs.

Coco has been at Inter for three seasons. In 2002 he was dealt to the club by AC Milan in an exchange for Clarence Seedorf. Coco never quite settled at Milan, the Rossoneri loaned him to three different clubs, Vicenza, Torino, and Barcelona.

With Ajax defender Maxwell injured and on the way out at the end of the season, Coco could be a natural replacement on the left side for the Dutch club.

:D :tup: :o

he is a good player but he is not healthy...he is not heaklthy in the italina league where the pitches are nice and the players are more controlled...how is he suppose to be fit in greece where the majority of the pitches are low quality and alot of the players just hacvk and hack away??

it would not be a smart buy unforutlay..if he was fit it 2would be a great signing, but he has only played a handful of games in the last two yeasrs...

Ajax Don’t Want Crocked Coco

The Inter full back’s injury problems have put paid to a switch to the Orange ArenA, say the Dutch giants.The 28 year-old has been linked with a host of clubs, including Everton and Bolton from England, and Greek giants Olympiakos. But a move has yet to materialise – probably because of the gamble it would be to recruit the highly paid former international.

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews...=77424&idSez=20

Given his health issues, I'd be pretty weary about signing this guy but if they could work out a contract whereupon he was paid according to the number of games he played/sat on the bench then I'd give him a go. He was a very good player with a lot of upside. But injuries are injuries I suppose...

Archived