Phantis Forums

WCq: Turkey - GREECE

dimitrakis

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To our Turkish posters:

Are there any Turkish web forums that are in English like this one?

Is "HANOUM" a complement, or does it have a negative co notation, when addressing a young nice looking lady?

PEACE

Just having a look at some stats and Turkey have the upper hand. With the Captian 'Zakorakis' and the Rock 'Dellas' out this will be tough especially with the home crowd advantage.

Greece and Turkey have played 8 times and Turkey have won 5 Drawn 1 and lost 2.

*MATCH RECORD: 23/4/1948 Greece 1-3 Turkey (F), 28/11/1948 Turkey 2-1 Greece (F), 16/5/1949 Greece 1-2 Turkey (F), 29/2/1952 Greece 3-1 Turkey (F), 16/5/1952 Turkey 0-1 Greece (F), 21/9/1988 Turkey 3-1 Greece (F), 29/3/1989 Greece 0-1 Turkey (F), 8/9/2004 Greece 0-0 Turkey (WCQ)

C'mon Hellas.

To our Turkish posters:

Is "HANOUM" a complement, or does it have a negative co notation, when addressing a young nice looking lady?

PEACE

We don't have an english forum like this one for all the teams. However, there are 2 sites in English about Galatasaray and Besiktas :

Galatasaray : http://www.cimbombom.net

Besiktas : http://www.blackeagles.org

and you have this forum for ultras : http://www.deplase.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=25

The word is "HANIM" (but you can pronounce it hanoum, even if it is not the exact pronouncing). It does not have a negative connotation but you usually say it to older women, not to young ladies.

To our Turkish posters:

PEACE

We don't have an english forum like this one for all the teams. However, there are 2 sites in English about Galatasaray and Besiktas :

Galatasaray : http://www.cimbombom.net

Besiktas : http://www.blackeagles.org

and you have this forum for ultras : http://www.deplase.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=25

The word is "HANIM" (but you can pronounce it hanoum, even if it is not the exact pronouncing). It does not have a negative connotation but you usually say it to older women, not to young ladies.

I think you can say "would you like some YARUK" to a young woman.

Do you really belive that the best defense in the world can safe you from getting a goal?

Did you watch the Champions League -Final (Liverpool-AC MILAN) ?

AC MILAN has also one of the best defense....but what is happening?

and of course Turkey has technical  players (like mere and Basturk)  who can play the ball cross your 5 men defense line.....

Do you watch German Bundesliga? If you see how Basturk dribbles the ball cross the defensive players you will pray for Dellas be there--but Dellas wont play and I think this the biggest loss for greek team.

Remember : Georgia was standing in the first half in their own side --only defending and turkey scored 3 goals.....

My friend,

I see you are really underestimating us Greeks!

Having the best defense in the world sure helps to prevent goals!

Sorry about that I accidently posted the message before finishing. <_<

The bundesliga does not have the defense (on the same team) like us Greeks. Yes, Basturk has impressed everyone in Germany...however this defense will be a little tougher for 1 person dribbling around and over this defense.

Do not forget that we went into to Georgia and took the momentum away from them...they were more pumped to play us than the Turkish NT. They were missing a few starters, went down to 10 players, lost their goalie during the game and still managed to score twice.

Turkcell....the only thing I could say is not to underestimate the Greeks....for as you know...us Greeks are taking Turkey very seriously and now your capabilities.

Good luck on June 4th.

Sorry I didnt want to understimate the greek players....Please dont understand me

wrong....

Turkish people knows that the greek national team is one of the best in the world.

Mut my opinion is that to have the best defense is not a warranty for victory...

You know I wish I could say that the turkish defense would be like the greek defense...but I can say that turkish team has players who are able to overcome the greek defensive strategy and this fact....

It will be a interesting match...two strong teams will play and I think the team who wins will not be the better one it will be just the team who had a little bit more luck.....

:1eye:

To our Turkish posters:

PEACE

,,Hanoum'' is not good (it means ,,hanim'' this means something like ,,my wife'' ... BAD IDEA!!!

you can say ,,tatlim'' for a nice looking lady this means like sugar or honey in the U.S

so far good luck

You know I like this forum because I dont like the opinion of

my turkish friends , I am turkish and I like to talk with greeks

cause they have more interesting opinions ........and I like the greeks

here who talk in english.....

Dellas is out. He's the glue that holds our defense. Hellas need to re-think their defensive tactics and push up towards an offensive role. Will be interesting as Fatih is a highly rated attacking player which suits the Turkish team... fast and shoots from long range.

June 4th....can't wait anymore.

Turkish people knows that the greek national team is one of the best in the world

i dont think Greek national team is one of the best in the world. Greek national team has a strong defense ..and i respect their efforts in Euro 2004.

best teams:

Brazil-1958,1962,1970,1994,2002 World Cup

Argentina-1978,1986 World Cup

Italy-1934,1938,1982 World Cup

England-1966 World Cup

France-1998 World Cup

Germany-1954,1974,1990 World Cup

i dont think Greek national team is one of the best in the world. Greek national team has a strong defense ..and i respect their efforts in Euro 2004.

best teams:

England-1966 World Cup

France-1998 World Cup

I am not ready to put Greece at that standard

b/c they haven't quite deserved it as of yet

but Greece is higher then Turkey thats for sure

and we will prove it by beating u guys in your own house

best teams:

England-1966 World Cup

France-1998 World Cup

Manny I respect your opinion and agree with you. Greece is not one of the best team in world yet but we will be one of the best very soon here is why.....last year EURO2004 Greece was the Champion. Every team that Greece beat was in the top 10 team in the world........France (2), Spain (3), Czech (10), Portugal (20) and Greece was 34 FIFA Rank May 2004. If we do beat Brazil and Mexico this summer then WE DAMN YES WE WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS IN THE WORLD.

And if we do beat Turkey June 4, WE WILL WIN THE WORLD CUP 2006 ;)

but Greece is higher then Turkey thats for sure

Thats it Xristos well said mate.

For betting do you know who is ranked favourites and what are the odds.

Sorry for you but of course it is Turkey.

Turkey-Greece

1 - 1.95

X - 3.15

2 - 3.60

I said : Greece is one of the best teams at the moment thats for sure.....

They beat every strong team in 2004 - this is not easy

I am turkish and many other Turks think like me .....

It will be a fantastic game dosnt matter who wins----you know turks

feel like greeks the same spirit......

Turks and greeks have the same way of life (even if they have two different religions !)

, if you dont listen to religious fanatics or to politics you will know what I mean....

BUT BACK TO SOCCER :

:box: :blink: :1eye:

Something let me feel that greek team will have their first real crash in Turkey ......dont missunderstand me I respect the greek team but if Rehakles think he can win with playing on contra attacks and with a 5 or 6 men defense he cant win the game .....

Turkey have some great offensive players, but their defence will concede against Greece. People underestimate the skill that some of our players have. Giannakopouolos, Karagounis and Yourkas are class, Charisteas knows how to score goals and is a HUGE threat in the air. Turkey will be defenceless with these players running roughshot over them. The longer that this game is 0-0, the game will become easier and easier for Greece. If Greece score first, GAME OVER! Ukraine used a counter attacking game against Turkey and ran 3-0 winners and they proved that Turkey lacks the quality finishing that is needed against the good teams in the group. Scoring 5 against Georgia is great, but it doesn't prove to me that Turkey will be able to break down the Greek defence. They most likely result will be a draw.

Turkey have some great offensive players, but their defence will concede against Greece. People underestimate the skill that some of our players have. Giannakopouolos, Karagounis and Yourkas are class, Charisteas knows how to score goals and is a HUGE threat in the air. Turkey will be defenceless with these players running roughshot over them. The longer that this game is 0-0, the game will become easier and easier for Greece. If Greece score first, GAME OVER! Ukraine used a counter attacking game against Turkey and ran 3-0 winners and they proved that Turkey lacks the quality finishing that is needed against the good teams in the group. Scoring 5 against Georgia is great, but it doesn't prove to me that Turkey will be able to break down the Greek defence. They most likely result will be a draw.

Dont worry Turkey has learned from the game against Ukraine.

But I am glad that we have now defense players from the super league club Trabzonspor (2nd in league ) --these players are all at least 1.87 m tall

and higher ...all defensive players !!

So Charisteas will not be the king in the air of the turkish defense

But I am glad that we have now defense players from the super league club Trabzonspor (2nd in league ) --these players are all at least 1.87 m tall

yes but the problem with the Turkish defence is that they have no full-backs on either side. this is definately one area where Greece can exploit.

even if aerial attacks from set pieces are not successfull, we still have other ways to attack and score :box:

But I am glad that we have now defense players from the super league club  Trabzonspor (2nd in league )  --these players are all at least 1.87 m tall

yes but the problem with the Turkish defence is that they have no full-backs on either side. this is definately one area where Greece can exploit.

even if aerial attacks from set pieces are not successfull, we still have other ways to attack and score :box:

Yes Greece will score........ :gr:

:whistle:

:not: ok

Greece scored against Denmark (include one penalty!) .... and in the second half Greece won with luck...cause Denmark ruled in the last 30 minutes........

Did Greece score againt Turkey as they played??

Why are you so sure? that they will score in Istanbul? Bad question

I know.... you have to support your team ...

I wish the greek team good luck and I wish more luck the turkish team.... :D :D :D :unsure:

Archived