Phantis Forums

WCq: Turkey - GREECE

dimitrakis

Most probable Greek starting Line up...

------------------NIKOPOLIDIS-------------------

SEITARIDIS----------KYRIAKOS-----------KAPSIS-----------FYSSAS

GIANNAKOPOULOS------BASINAS-----KATSOURANIS-------KARAGOUNIS

---------------------CHARISTEAS------------VRYZAS-----------

But you never know with Rehagel. He might do the Gouma trick again in the place of Fyssa and move Seitaridi in the midfield for a 3-5-2 (which I seriously doubt because Turkey has quite a few fast wingers)....

On the other hand you will see quite often Charistea defending on the right, Giannakopoulo moving to the left somethimes, while Karagounis will have a more free role.....

Anyway lets wait and see...

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted Image :tup:

cimbom :)

I like your Avatar!

I hope you really believe in it.

Could you possibly help me out ?

Why is Turkey "polite" to Greece,

in sports:

"Yunanistan, Cek

Cumhuriyeti' ni devirip

finale adini yazdirdi" "SIHARITIRIA GITONES"

and entertainment:

12 points in the Eurovision contest.

While simultaneously repeatedly invading GREEK airspace with supersonic fighters?

PEACE

Greece has only a chance to win if Turkey couldnt

score a goal in the first half...... in the last minutes of the second half everything is possible ...REPEAT : This match cant be calculated because even turkish people doesnt know how fit turkish players are and which tactics our young coach will use......

but we know that our coach has studied sports at the university and he is expert in psychology......

..... :D

Kanal D will show this match live --you can watch Kanal D over Turksat 1B 42 Degree East.....or something but search on the web : Kanal D -Turkey (Turksat)

Fatih Tekke -one of the Striker of turkish team

He will play in ISTANBUL on 4th June , he will be the nightmare of the greek defense.

Here is a link from FIFA on Fatih:

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/050529/1/3ql6.html

A pretty nice right up for a good solid player.

How can an injured player (groin) be a nightmare for the best defensive line in the world? Greece will take with serious...but do you think he will out hussle our defense?

I am starting to like our odds against Turkey....their striker hope is not 100% and their defense is weak.....

with basturk playing in the center mid..a bit towards the left side, this would mean a head to head battle with the greek center mid that will play a bit towards the right side.

that player is basinas.

katsouranis plays in the center towards the left, and karagouni plays center, but makes many attacking runs. it only leaves basinas.

let's hope he's up to the challenge.

as far as seitaridi, whoever plays as turkey's left midfielder...that will be his responsibility.

Oh, Thank you, What do you guys think?, Like aek66, said, Basturk vs Basinas, Ho else will it be?, And HO will replace Zagorakis? Oh, ANTE ELLADARA PAME GIA MUNDIAL 2006! SE 2 XRONIA STIN GERMANIA, TELIKO TELIKO ME BRAZELIA! Lets hope it will be like the song :) :gr:

Elastonpapou that line up looks to be about right. I wouldn't be surprised if he started Goumas instead of Fyssas though; he definitely needs to start Kyrgiakos and I'm sure he will. He has a fiery style and can deliver the ball up quickly which will be needed for this game. I have a feeling neither of the teams will be that cautious but rather fast and attacking since it's a must- win. It would be nice to see Tavlaridis get some playing time in the second half at some point but definitely not start since he lacks experience and the pressure of this important game is not easy. Anything can happen since this is football and our national team has an unpredictableness about it, so we'll see. I can't wait!

:gr: :gr: :gr:

1-Antonis Nikopolidis;

2-Yourkas Seitaridis,

19-Michalis Kapsis,

14-Takis Fyssas (17-Dimitris Papadopoulos 80),

20-Giorgios Karagounis,

8-Stelios Giannakopoulos (10-Vassilis Tsiartas 80),

9-Costas Katsouranis,

7-Theodoros Zagorakis,

6-Angelos Basinas,

15-Zisis Vryzas,

9-Angelos Charisteas.

That was the lineup in Athens - vs Turkey - I don't know if that means anything

I think you see Kyriakos in for Zagorakis - 4 back instead of 3 - at least to start the game

What happens if Katsouranis' injury is bad?

Lakis?

Fatih Tekke    -one of the Striker of turkish team

He will play in ISTANBUL on 4th June , he will be the nightmare of the greek defense.

Here is a link from FIFA on Fatih:

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/050529/1/3ql6.html

A pretty nice right up for a good solid player.

How can an injured player (groin) be a nightmare for the best defensive line in the world? Greece will take with serious...but do you think he will out hussle our defense?

I am starting to like our odds against Turkey....their striker hope is not 100% and their defense is weak.....

Percent here percent there everywhere i hear 90 % 80% 100 %

Hej guys this is football not mathematics!!!!! Fatih Tekke will score a goal if he has the chance--

The turkish captain will be Rustu ---but in the moment we dont know which tactics the turkish team will use against Greece .....it is also possible that another player can be the captain......

....in just one point greece is better and that is : the coach, Mr.Rahagel is older and knows more about tactics than our younger coach Ersun Yanal.

:gr: :gr: :gr:

1-Antonis Nikopolidis;

2-Yourkas Seitaridis,

19-Michalis Kapsis,

14-Takis Fyssas (17-Dimitris Papadopoulos 80),

20-Giorgios Karagounis,

8-Stelios Giannakopoulos (10-Vassilis Tsiartas 80),

9-Costas Katsouranis,

7-Theodoros Zagorakis,

6-Angelos Basinas,

15-Zisis Vryzas,

9-Angelos Charisteas.

That was the lineup in Athens - vs Turkey - I don't know if that means anything

I think you see Kyriakos in for Zagorakis - 4 back instead of 3 - at least to start the game

What happens if Katsouranis' injury is bad?

Lakis?

can't compare the first game and the game coming up on June 4th

Ellas was still in post Euro celebration

yes we are going to field our best 11 players but we are still a better team

we will show it by beating Turkey

Giannakopoulos spoke about winning the game today and i like that positivity

alot of ppl have us going for the draw why not the win

Ukrainie spanked Turkey in Turkey

off course i don't expect the same b/c Turkey will be ready for his huge altercation

i can see Kapsis being our captain

reason being b/c he is one of the older players and he will be the key on the defensive

if he plays great that will only inspire the team and take the load of Kyrgiakos

Kyrgiakos has played great both in his last 2 national games and club commitments

i don't think we will get many clear cut chances but we need to cash in on them

i really see us going into 4-5-1 just to slow the tempo down a notch

eventually we will go 4-4-2

wut do u guys think

if we can some how score first and early wow wut that will do for the team

No offense to the turks, but... maybe... there not as good as we say they are, we are scared over nothing, i fear georgia more than turkey, they had one good campaigne in 2002 (which btw could have ended against costa rica's woodwork) and the hardest team you probably beat was, i dunno, Senegal. I dont believe we have much to fear, and dont expect them to do favours for us against Ukraine, forget it.

Percent here percent there everywhere i hear 90 % 80% 100 %

Hej guys this is football not mathematics!!!!! Fatih Tekke will score a goal if he has the chance--

The turkish captain will be Rustu ---but in the moment we dont know which tactics the turkish team will use against Greece .....it is also possible that another player can be the captain......

....in just one point greece is better and that is : the coach, Mr.Rahagel is older and knows more about tactics than our younger coach Ersun Yanal.

Turkcell,

Here is what Tekke had to say about this match:

http://www.epo.gr/detail.asp?e_article_id=...ticle_cat_id=19

basically, he will have to bite his teeth during the game...to somehow deal with his groin pain.

I love this guys passion to play for his NT. This is a true student of the game.

My question to you....how effective do you see him against the best defense in the world? I am not talking percentages...I am talking logic....the slightest wrong tackle, mis-foot, too much force on a sprint.

I have played competitive football at a high level. I can feel for Tekke and his desire to play with a groin problem...however, this groin injury will catch up with him during the game.

Do you really belive that the best defense in the world can safe you from getting a goal?

Did you watch the Champions League -Final (Liverpool-AC MILAN) ?

AC MILAN has also one of the best defense....but what is happening? if a team plays with a defensive strategy it has also a big risc because the team who is more defensive can not lead the match......

The biggest mistake will be if the greek team will close in the defense line ....on this case turkey will have everything in their hands in the middle (especially from the wings ) and of course Turkey has technical players (like mere and Basturk) who can play the ball cross your 5 men defense line.....

Do you watch German Bundesliga? If you see how Basturk dribbles the ball cross the defensive players you will pray for Dellas be there--but Dellas wont play and I think this the biggest loss for greek team.

I know that Mr.Rehagel believes in his strategy to play on contra attacks...(or conter ? how else) but this is also riskfull for greece..... Ersun Yanal knows that and he will take precautions in the turkish defense....

Remember : Georgia was standing in the first half in their own side --only defending and turkey scored 3 goals..... Turkey made mistake in their defensive and get 2 goals--but the defensive players from turkish team played for first time.. now we have one more defensive player from Trabzonspor and Ersun Yanal will play against Greece with a solid defense and a solid strike core.... if greek cant fire back with playing forward (especially in the middle-field) this will be hard for them to win...

..... Just defense is not all you have to play forward and you have to defend with all you can ....and this is how the turkish team now is playing.....

My turk fellows..you can count yourself..lucky that in the first game... our players were...not yet in rythm and we lost 5 points for nothing against albania and yourselves.

When you came to Pireus you were already on Championship...and ours not... This makes a big impact..... The same happened agianst the albanians some days ago.

As for Saturday game anything is possible.....

Do you really belive that the best defense in the world can safe you from getting a goal?

AC MILAN has also one of the best defense....but what is happening?

and of course Turkey has technical players (like mere and Basturk) who can play the ball cross your 5 men defense line.....

Do you watch German Bundesliga? If you see how Basturk dribbles the ball cross the defensive players you will pray for Dellas be there--but Dellas wont play and I think this the biggest loss for greek team.

Remember : Georgia was standing in the first half in their own side --only defending and turkey scored 3 goals.....

My friend,

I see you are really underestimating us Greeks!

Having the best defense in the world sure helps to prevent goals!

AC MILAN has also one of the best defense....but what is happening?

and of course Turkey has technical  players (like mere and Basturk)  who can play the ball cross your 5 men defense line.....

Remember : Georgia was standing in the first half in their own side --only defending and turkey scored 3 goals.....

My friend,

I see you are really underestimating us Greeks!

Having the best defense in the world sure helps to prevent goals!

Sorry about that I accidently posted the message before finishing. <_<

The bundesliga does not have the defense (on the same team) like us Greeks. Yes, Basturk has impressed everyone in Germany...however this defense will be a little tougher for 1 person dribbling around and over this defense.

Do not forget that we went into to Georgia and took the momentum away from them...they were more pumped to play us than the Turkish NT. They were missing a few starters, went down to 10 players, lost their goalie during the game and still managed to score twice.

Turkcell....the only thing I could say is not to underestimate the Greeks....for as you know...us Greeks are taking Turkey very seriously and now your capabilities.

Good luck on June 4th.

I know that Mr.Rehagel believes in his strategy to play on contra attacks...(or conter ? how else) but this is also riskfull for greece..... Ersun Yanal knows that and he will take precautions in the turkish defense....

it's counter attack

Emre and Basturk will be watched by Basinas and Katsouranis, we play man to man defence, not the same as every bundesliga team. These two will find it more difficult to drible around our defence for sure. no Dellas, no problem.......... as long as Kyrgiakos doesn't manage to kick anyone in the head.

when we played Albania almost the whole first half was spent in the Albanian half of the field and we scored once but our defence didn't make any mistakes, that is the difference between us two, even against Georgia they only scored on us because of a goalkeeper error

by now everyone knows Greece play counter attack (not always) so we are a little predictable but there is no big risk in that

No offense to the turks, but... maybe... there not as good as we say they are, we are scared over nothing, i fear georgia more than turkey, they had one good campaigne in 2002 (which btw could have ended against costa rica's woodwork) and the hardest team you probably beat was, i dunno, Senegal. I dont believe we have much to fear, and dont expect them to do favours for us against Ukraine, forget it.

you can't compare that Turkish team of 3 years ago with now it's a diffrent time period and a lot of things happened, i mean look at us compared to last year, we lost to Albania for god's sake. i think your under estimating the opponents. B)

what happenned to the past is over with

we are such a better side since then and Turkey has well as improved

Turkey maybe a better offensive side but our strength lies on the defense

good defense always stifles good offense

and we can put the ball at the bak of the net

Charisteas doo for another classic header for a goal

Ellas #1

What do other people here think of Charisteas?

i think that he needs to work on his dribbling skills, he only seems to score on headers, he has poor dribbling skills. if he improves his dribbling skills and with his aerial abilities he can become one of the elite strikers in Europe.

Archived