Phantis Forums

WCq: Turkey - GREECE

dimitrakis

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 points in the next two games is a good standard to set. We dont top the group that way but we stay close and put the pressure on the others. Obvisouly it would be better to get the 3 points from the Ukranians so we can close the gap but any way we cut it we need at least the 4 points to stay in the run for qualification.

As far as the turkey game goes .. i don't think it will be as easy as some seem to think it will be. turkey have a good team and we will be missing some of our key players down the middle. also lets not forget the fatigue factor. these guys have been playing since septemeber and last year had an extended season due to the triumph in Portugal. It could start to catch up w/ them. hopefully we can play well and walk away w/ at least 1 point.

As for the Turkish team , they also have a some problems. Namely, Nhihat is most likely not going to play and so is their very tricky forward, Tekke.

Can I get confirmation on this quote? Tekke not playing? If this is the case, that is another huge blow to their offense. No Tekke and no Nihat...WOW!! :D

Does anyone know the impact of these 2 injuries? This is looking better for Greece....1-0, I can not wait!

how can you be sure

Otto said his objective in the next 2 games is to get 4 pts

if we're lucky we get all 6 but that will be difficult

exactly, he stated that if greece were to draw with the turks then it would b a good result for us :blink:

How about u wake up clover22, i mean ur post r meaningless when u post m*****a-s like 7-0, go back to the other forum :LOL: :nono:

sorry my greek friends but Fatih Tekke will play against greece

he is in best form--he ist the goal king in turkey ....

he played last weekend and shot a goal- he shots in every a game at least one goal and more ---

--Fatih Tekke together with Emre and Yildiray Bastürk

will be the nightmare of the greek defense...

without Dellas and Zagorakis the greek midfield and defense has a big loss!

Posted Image

But I think the winner of the Match Turkey-Greece will be the team

who takes hand in the middle field......the middle field is the key of this game.

....and I cans say that Greece will have their first real football game

after the EC2004 . A full motivated and ready turkish team will go for all--they are no stars in Europe but they will run and they want to win......

You know as Turkey was in Greece the turkish team was not build up 100% .

Now the team is ready build up with the right players..

...You saw Georgia -Turkey 2 - 5

in Georgia . Greece had big problems against Georgia in the first half, remember.

It is impossible and awful if somebody says ,,Turkey : Greece 0 - 7" ...this so much unrealistic.....

sorry my greek friends  but Fatih Tekke will play against greece

i heard he needs an operation to heal an injury but if he has it after the Turkish season he will miss the June qualifiers but if he has it after the qualifiers he might not be able to get a transfer abroad so he's kind of stuck on what to do. looking at his recent form though doesn't look like the injury bothers him.

who plays on turkey's left side? left midfield and left defender? our right wingback seitaridis has much skill and speed and might be a player that starts many counter-attacks.

their left mid is one of the Altintop dudes and the left back i think is Umit Ozat.

Servet Cetin should be back in their defence but he plays on the right side i believe.

i don't know about Giourkas exploiting their left side, lately on the national team his form has dropped but it might have been because he got benched at Porto so his confidence dropped, now he has a fresh start and lets hope he picks up his game

i agree with this 100%. i don't think a draw would be a bad result. if anything, a draw would force turkey to win against denmark (at home) and against ukraine (away) to have any type of qualification possibilities. a tall order for sure.

if greece get 4 points next month, i would think that at least 2nd place would be sealed.

if we get those 4 pts after a draw with Turkey who later play Kazahkstan and if Turkey wins that one there is still 2 pts seperating us but we are both 1 pt closer to Ukraine.

that would not really seal 2nd place if you ask me.

But I think the winner of the Match Turkey-Greece will be the team

who takes hand in the middle field......the middle field is the key of this game.

You saw Georgia -Turkey 2 - 5

in Georgia . Greece had big problems against Georgia in the first half, remember.

The key is the midfield....I have said this since the beginning. Both coaches are aware of this and they will adjust their line-ups accordingly.

As for Turkey being 100% ready....I am not too sure on this one.

First off, the game against Georgia.....it was Greece that took the air out of their sail. Do not forget, with a win, they would have been in 2nd place....there was a lot more emotion and build up for the game against the Greeks. You saw it even in the singing of their national anthem...they are all holding each other... a lot of passion and determination.

A few days later, Turkey played a half depleted Georgia side. Injuries from our game, Georgia injuries during the game, them playing with 10 men and a defeat at the hands of the Greeks that took away all their motivation. And they still scored 2 goals on Turkey. (do not forget 2-2 in Turkey the first game)

Emre and Tekke.....I am not sure they are game fit. They are important to the success of Turkey...we will see how fit they are.

Unfortunately, the biggest problem for Turkey has been the NT coach.

Cant wait for June 4th

i remember watching that first match and couldn't believe it and still can't.

we lost because of lack of preperation

no way was that result a good thing, it only makes things harder, now we need some exceptional results to make up for that shock

4 points out of these two games is fine. I could even see us getting 2nd place on 3 points from these games (hope it dosen't happen though :box: :gr: ). Though we're not out of the woods yet in this campagin. Here's our sechdule after Turkey and Ukraine:

at K-stan (should win, but this won't be easy as many may think)

at Denmark (vital, a draw will do)

home versus Georgia (3 points, enough said)

If we get 25 points I think we'll got 2nd place in the bag, it'll just be a matter of Ukraine slipping up and us possibly getting 1st place. Turkey has it worse than we do as they still have to play Denmark at home, at Ukraine, and at Albania. I don't see them hanging with us in order to qualify.

Back to this game, I wouldn't mind if Otto played a 5-3-2 formation, as we've got enough experience and talent on defense to set up our counter-attack and mid-field really well. Not having Dellas hurts (obviously), but even with the Turks having Emray, Basturk, and Tekke, the strength in numbers and security in allowing Sieteridis to go forward and really do damage can only help us. I think this will also help us, as our lack of depth in the midfield (w/out Zagorakis) could really hurt us if we have 4 in the midfield.

My hoped 5-3-2:

GK: Nikopolidis

Defense (left to right): Fyssas, Goumas, Kyraigos, Kapsis, and Sieteridis

Midfield (left to right): Stelios, Katsouranis, Karagounis

Forwards: Vryzas and Charisteas

That would still leave as: Basinas (who could play D if needed), Lakis, Kafes (hope we don't use him but he's there), Tsiartas, Amanitidis, Gekkas, Vyntra, Venitidis, and Halkias (doubt he'll be used).

Your thoughts...?

Lol Clover. Just look at what the bet sites think about this game. ;)

Turkey - Greece

1 : 1.85

X : 3.10

2 : 4.00

Its better that way. You recall, in Euro 2004, we were highly doubted in every single game and look what happened. We play better when we are underdogs. If we were favorite, that wouldnt be good

Lol Clover. Just look at what the bet sites think about this game. ;)

Turkey - Greece

1 : 1.85

X : 3.10

2 : 4.00

WHAT??? Greece at 3/1??? thats crazy!!!! im putting my house on an away win, man, sometimes the bookies dont know anything
We play better when we're underdogs. Look at Euro 2004 when we were doubted every time. So, betting your house is a good gamble.

You will be a homeless after the game.Because Turkiye will beat Greece..no doubt.

If you're so sure about a Turkish win (no doubt) as you say, why dont you bet your house...or are YOU homeless and typing this from an internet cafe that has a spare room where you are staying for free???

Archived