Phantis Forums

WCq: Turkey - GREECE

dimitrakis

clover but no clever :LOL: :o 7-0 :huh: :rolleyes:

You misunderstood. He didnt mean 7-0 win for Greece. He meant that Greece will win...at the 70TH minute.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 points in the next two games is a good standard to set. We dont top the group that way but we stay close and put the pressure on the others. Obvisouly it would be better to get the 3 points from the Ukranians so we can close the gap but any way we cut it we need at least the 4 points to stay in the run for qualification.

As far as the turkey game goes .. i don't think it will be as easy as some seem to think it will be. turkey have a good team and we will be missing some of our key players down the middle. also lets not forget the fatigue factor. these guys have been playing since septemeber and last year had an extended season due to the triumph in Portugal. It could start to catch up w/ them. hopefully we can play well and walk away w/ at least 1 point.

if greece get 4 points next month, i would think that at least 2nd place would be sealed.

If Greece were to get 4 points in the next 2 games, then it would be better to win in Turkey and tie Ukraine. In this instance, Greece would be 3 points ahead, technically 4 points ahead of Turkey, because of the tiebreaker, assuming Turkey and Ukraine beat Kazahkstan. It would put us behind Ukraine by 3 points.

If Greece ties Turkey amd beats Ukraine, then we would be 2 points behind Ukraine and 2 ahead of Turkey, assuming Turkey and Ukraine beat Kazahkstan. We would be a little closer to Ukraine, in this scenario but, in the long run, we would lose out on first place because of schedule.

The only way Greece can have a shot at first place is if Greece wins BOTH games. Then, we would be tied with Ukraine but technically ahead becaue of a tiebreaker.

Can I get confirmation on this quote? Tekke not playing? If this is the case, that is another huge blow to their offense. No Tekke and no Nihat...WOW!! :D

Does anyone know the impact of these 2 injuries? This is looking better for Greece....1-0, I can not wait!

This information was given to me by a Turkish friend who said that Tekke might have a hernia problem and cannot possibly be a 100% game fit.

I will be getting more information from him in a couple of days and will post it soon!

Apollo

If you're so sure about a Turkish win (no doubt) as you say, why dont you bet your house...or are YOU homeless and typing this from an internet cafe that has a spare room where you are staying for free

im not a homeless you clever boy..and here is not an internet cafe ..i bet my house and my car..come on :LOL:

You misunderstood. He didnt mean 7-0 win for Greece. He meant that Greece will win...at the 70TH minute

ohh..thank u very much..PLato-ny you are more intelligent than Clover :D

Hi I really hope we don't go to Turkey to play for a tie we have to go to try and win the game. I can live with trying to score on set pieces and counter attacts but we need to be strong on Defence oand then worry about the offence. My Prediction for the game is Greece wins 1-0. :tup: :gr: :tup: :gr: :tup: :gr: :tup: :gr: :tup: :gr: :tup: :gr:

Have I said that I hate our Group?

-Ukraine

-Greece

-Turkey

-Denmark

s%$#! 4 strong teams ---other groups have just two strong teams --why is this group such a s%$#! !!! is this political? And why is not possibile that 3 teams can qualify in a group with 7 teams ???

:blink: :blink:

i hate fifa ... i hate this world ..(sometimes)

:gr:

-Ukraine

-Greece

-Turkey

-Denmark

s%$#! 4 strong teams ---other groups have just two strong teams --why is this group such a s%$#! !!! is this political? And why is not possibile that 3 teams can qualify in a group with 7 teams ???

:blink: :blink:

i hate fifa ... i hate this world ..(sometimes)

:gr:

It is unfortunate that the 4 teams you have mentioned could all make it to the quarter-finals even the semi's for the 2006 WC.

Sometimes the world is not fair!!!

Good luck on June 4th

-Ukraine

-Greece

-Turkey

-Denmark

these groups were drawn BEFORE Euro 2004 when Greece were still not considered a football power. :ph34r: thats why were all screwed

i think most people were expecting it to come down to Turkey and Denmark as top 2.

My hoped 5-3-2:

GK: Nikopolidis

Defense (left to right): Fyssas, Goumas, Kyraigos, Kapsis, and Sieteridis

Midfield (left to right): Stelios, Katsouranis, Karagounis

Forwards: Vryzas and Charisteas

That would still leave as: Basinas (who could play D if needed), Lakis, Kafes (hope we don't use him but he's there), Tsiartas, Amanitidis, Gekkas, Vyntra, Venitidis, and Halkias (doubt he'll be used).

Your thoughts...?

your 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 is the way i see it would work if you drop Fyssas and put Basinas in central midfield.

remember we need Basinas and Kats to cover Emre and Yildiray Basturk. this way Stelios stays on the left and Kara can play as a central midfield who doesn't have a decent left foot either behind 2 strikers instead of one

This could be the turkish formation (4-4-2)

--------------ates (or Sanli) ----tekke (100%)-----------

emre(100%)---- --bastürk(100%)----- altintop------ Karadeniz

Toraman(100%)-- --Seyhan(100%) ----Cimsir--------- Balci

-------------------------Rüstü(100%)

are you sure 100% about Fatih Tekke, when is he getting his operation.

should Servet Cetin be back, you have not included him, i think he and Toraman are the only decent defenders they have

I am very suspicious with the starting line-up for Turkey.

Almost every team has made their squad known for June 4th. Turkey has yet to make an official statement.

Until then, I am skeptic on Cetin, Tekke and Nihat. Even Emre has not practiced with Inter squad and I am questioning if he will be 100%.

If Cetin is out, Toraman is left on defense. The other 3 defenders could be replaced by orange practice cones....it will have the same effect.

Nihat is 99.99999% not playing....however no official statement.

Tekke...no official word yet....but how dangerous could a player be if he has to undergo knee surgery? This is a little too weird if you ask me.....do you risk damaging your knee further and lose out on any top $$$ transfer for next year???

I am sorry, but things are not adding up...

Emre...he will play, however, he is not even practising with Inter....how in shape he will be....we will June 4th....do not forget that Kara would not be in Inter's starting 16...however, he never missed a practice.

Lets wait and see the official line-up for Turkey!!!

If Cetin is out, Toraman is left on defense. The other 3 defenders could be replaced by orange practice cones....it will have the same effect.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

and yes Emre is not training with Inter as he is hiding from from the team somewhere :ph34r: :ph34r: as he searches for a new club

I can see why some of you see my eariler 5-3-2 idea as a 3-5-2 becuase the 2 outside wing backs play further up on the flanks (Fyssas and Seiteridis).

The midfielders would still be somewhat spread out from left to right (though not as much so as a 3-5-2) as they'd get support from the wing backs. Though AEK66 makes a valid point about possiession. I wouldn't be opposed to having Basinas play back in the midfield w/ Katsouranis, though I do think it would take away from our midfield and counter attacking oppertunities (as either Stelios or Karagounis would sit).

If that were the case I'd keep a 5-3-2 though possession the midfielders into a triangle, with Basinas and Katsouranis hanging back (base) and either Stelios or Karagounis playing as an attacking mid (point) to support the midfielders. Similar to a 5-2-1-2. Using the attackers one behind the other (___-___-1-1), is a good idea (I'd put Charisteas behind Vryzas), thoug I wouldn't use it in the above 5-2-1-2, as there'd be little, if any presence on the attacking flanks.

I feel Greece should open up a bit more offensively and take some chances, as Turkey's defense is not very good (the practice cone analogy eariler :D :LOL: ). I figure with 5 in the back, Basinas and Katsuranis (who are more defensive mids and can mark) our defense can shut down Turkeys main attacking options and set up counter-attacks real well.

Your thoughts...???

that could work but i would replace Fyssas with Stelios that way both he and Kara are playing. Stelios is more offensively minded and having Takis as a 4th back won't really be usefull since we have 2 man-markers on their 2 strikers and a libero playing zone, we don't need a 4th guy.

if you play one striker behind the other which i think is not very likely because you already have Kara playing behind them and in front of 2 DM's, i would switch and play Vryzas behind Charisteas since Vryzas is better at holding the ball but as i say i think it's not very likely.

Turkey have not yet named 1 player, Ukraine who we play after have already named their team, what is this Yanal dude waiting for. i want to see their players so we can do more analysis.

Turkish National Team; :tup:

*Rustu Recber, Umit Ozat, Tuncay Sanlı, Volkan Demirel, Serhat Akın, Serkan Balci (Fenerbahçe),

*Fatih Tekke, Gokdeniz Karadeniz, Tolga Seyhan, Huseyin Cimsir, Erdinc Yavuz (Trabzonspor),

*Bulent Korkmaz, Necati Ates, Cihan Haspolatli, Ayhan Akman (Galatasaray),

*Okan Buruk, Ibrahim Toraman, Koray Avcı (Beşiktaş),

*Omer Catkic (Gençlerbirliği),

*Guven Varol (Denizlispor),

*Emre Belozoglu (FC Inter),

*Yildıray Basturk (Hertha BSC Berlin),

*Hamit Altıntop (FC Schalke 04),

*Halil Altıntop (Kaiserslautern).

Tekke will play : It is his own statement.....he said he wants to play

in the last game of this season with his club Trabzonspor and he wants top play

with the national team in both important games for Germany 2006.....

...He is not injury ---- !!! If he would be injury he would be not in the squad......last week he shot a goal an tomorrow he will play against Istanbulspor with his team.....next week he will play against Greece --

....another note...Toraman is considered a midfielder?!

yes and Koray is listed as a defender, i thought he's the defensive midfield. according to Many's lineup he is.

i'm wondering about Emre if he will be in sufficient game shape

Nihat and Servet are not playing. Nihat is one of their best strikers and Servet is their top defender. Fatih is not 100% percent and is an important striker. Am I right, Turkcell, Manny?

These injuries even out Greece's injuries.

Archived