Phantis Forums

WCq: Turkey - GREECE

dimitrakis

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
den einai bradi ekeini;

Kalispera sou Manoli ;)...

Kalispera reh Deniz.....liyo akoma kai tha arxise to paiknithi.

:tup:

Ti einai paiknithi;

emeis pame stin Germania!

tora paw sto istanbul yia to mats!

Greetings apo tin Angira :)

why is everybody now talking in greek ???

(edited)

I hope this match will be idiot free......

--

Please do me the favour and try to respect the people you talk with

All of us should help this discussion

Greek and English are the Official Forum Languages. Its a Greek Forum remember?

Thanks

No really is this a greek forum ???

:blink: oh now I never thought that this would be a greek froum :blink: :blink:

you know I am so silly I cant see that --- please forgive me :blink:

ooooooh! Now I get it!

You are a wise guy!

Good!

:rolleyes:

I dont suppose you could tell us what you want in one post instead of 20 in a row!? Could you!?

;)

--

Anyway

I think that if Greece goes for the draw (as Rehaggel seems to want) and we survive 15-20 minutes of pressure then we will have controll of the match.

We have shown that we can come froma goal down but this would be a tough job.

The dream scenario is manage to score and then control the match

If all the scenarios above fail then with an all out attack I think that we can try harder but we need luck because 2 goal differences do not sit well with our players apetite for scoring... ;)

Geia sas paidia,

I have been a long time reader of these forums and recently taken interest in this particular thread with the imminent matches of the National Team against Turkey and the Ukraine. I have a few points I like to make. Maybe they have been expressed before, possibly they have been considered by many of you. Anyway, here I go.

It's great to see the enthusiasm from fellow Greeks in relation to our NT. For too long we have been the most inconsistent laughing stock in international football.

In recent years we saw countries like Bulgaria, Romania, Yugoslavia, Austria, Switzerland, Hungary, Belgium and the Scandinavians to name just a few, prove formidable opponents to the world and gain the ascendency while little Greece with it’s defeatist attitude provided limp resistance to the most lamest of teams.

We obviously had the talent. We had similar populations and resources but we as a nation with our pessimistic outlook and our pettiness could never climb beyond the realm of also rans.

Qualifying for the Euro Championships back in 1980 obviously was not a foundation for bigger and better things that such an achievement warranted as we all had to endure the disgraceful episode at the 1994 WC in the US.

Aside from Niko Machlas, Savvas Kofidis and 1 or 2 other players, the other "squad" members did nothing but dishonour themselves, their families and the 15-20 Million Ellines (Especially the American omogenis, who turned out in their thousands to welcome these pathetic proodotes!) in 1994.

Greeks throughout the world were disgraced with the motley bunch of so called footballers and their "performances" or lack thereof during the tournament and even the weeks before. These guys were nothing more than glorified weekend pub players caring more about womanising and gambling. Alketas Panagoulias standing on the side lines like a pimp with this cigar.

My heart broke and my blood boiled with the taunts I heard by Yugoslavs, Italians, Spanish and all the others because I cared enough to support my beloved ELLAS!

Does anyone remember the lead up when Greece travelled to London's Wembley to play England and even though they had as much as 60% of the possession in that match, they flew back to Greece with a 5 - 0 spanking! I remember the commentator trying to be diplomatic. He said something to the effect how even though Greece lost 5 zip, at least they, and not England were going to the US for the WC.

I wish they had never qualified. They built up many hard working Greeks expectations, then went about humiliating these proud Greeks by losing 4 nil to one of the worst Argentina teams in decades, 4 nil to an average Bulgaria who haven't done anything since (finishing 4th in this tournament was a fluke!) and 2 nil to a Nigeria who probably over-achieved.

Anyway, I have digressed. Maybe the Greek football loving public needed these experiences to savour the fact that our national side are the European Champions?!  :)

To our immediate challenges. I have been a bit worried to hear and read the comments coming out of the Greek camp about going for a draw. If this isn't gamesmanship and a smoke screen on Renhagel's part, then this thinking is ludicrous and can backfire!

We are the European champions! We do NOT go into a game against an ordinary team that lost 0 - 3 to an equally ordinary Ukraine aiming for a draw.  Maybe the talk out of the ethinikis camp is purely psychological and the boys are primed for taking the 3 points - I hope this is the case. I just hope they don't play for a draw against the Turks.

We drew at home in the first game, this time we should go all out fighting for victory! Second place in the group might not be good enough. We should be at the top of this group. A draw will be an ideal result against the tough Danes in Denmark, not against the average Asians in the Poli.

Even the Albanians didn't play for a draw against these great Asian Mongol invaders.

Also we can forget about the odds that bookmakers are offering for this match. I could have retired after the first game at Euro 2004 against Portugal as I was sure that we were never going to lose that match, even though we shut up shop the last 20 minutes and let them into the game.

So as I am in the antipodes and I have more important matters to attend to during the morning of the 4th when the match will be played, I hope I can pleasantly discover the result.

ZHTW ELLAS!

Be Welcome here Akritis 1944....

I enjoyed reading your (out of the usual) post as it came from a mature and experienced person...differing from the "every day dish" (posts).....

It would have been perfect if it was political correct....

Back to the topic

Posted Image

Hellas will be defeated tonight ( B-Team) and tomorow (A-team)

I CANT WAIT ..........................

:gr: PACE :gr: (forgive me Ellas)

so much about your prediction

the B team won tonight

1-0 for the Under 21 team v Turkey

in Turkey

where was the game played and how many specatotors were there

i just hope our National team puts on that same result

Elladara mas pare ti niki

IM FINALLY BACK...... Did you miss me!? lol Any way it has been quite sometime scince I have posted in these forums. A few years back I had made a post disgussing that the key psychological point which would bring guranteed sucess to the ethniki omatha, could be found in the great pride in wearing your countries jersey.

3 Years later, this notion instilled by Otto Rehaggel has finally proliferated into the mind of just about every player on the team. However with the upcomming colosal battle between us and the turks Greece will have to play at level which must live up to their stature of european champions and then some.

From a psychological view, Greece will have to go into this game not thinking they are thier to beat the turks( people, country, history) but they are going to istanbul to be victorious against a strong side. They cannot let their "greek" emotions get in the way of the game like they did against albania (eg, kyriakos kicking the albano in the face, and giannakopoulos not allowing the keeper to kick the ball back into play). Such actions occur when emotion begins to overpower the fact that a football match is being played. A cool headed Greek team is one which will achive victory. AND THEY MUST REMBER THEY ARE NOT TRYING TO BEAT TURKEY BUT TRYING TO BEAT A SOLID TEAM. If they choose to belive they want to be heroes and feel they are taking back our city; a dream of many greeks, this mentality will only create more pressure for our team and result faliure.

I strongly hope this is not the case

WE NEED TO BE COOL, CALM, SOLID, AND FOCUSED ON FOOTBALL if we are to win tommorow

KALI TYXI PADIA cheers to all .........comments would be appreciated gia sas!

PS WATCH OUT FOR IRAKLIS NEXT YEAR THEY ARE BULIDING A GREAT TEAM WITH KOFIDIS.

:)

Back to the topic

Posted Image

Hellas will be defeated tonight ( B-Team) and tomorow (A-team)

I CANT WAIT  .......................... 

:gr:  PACE    :gr:  (forgive me Ellas)

so much about your prediction

the B team won tonight

1-0 for the Under 21 team v Turkey

in Turkey

where was the game played and how many specatotors were there

i just hope our National team puts on that same result

Elladara mas pare ti niki

1-0 win in Turkey for our u-21 team at the 65th minute.

Double it, HELLAS

Archived