Phantis Forums

WCq: Turkey - GREECE

dimitrakis

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what i've gathered, Samaras from the u-21 gathered great applause from the turkish crowd when being substituted, he dribbled down their throats, the young crop of Hellas set the road up.

Strap in paides, we're in for a doozy it seems. I always dislike talking much about such a crucial game, i'll wait for the result. Last but not least, we'll surely be able to gather and come to terms on what sort of team we really are........

LET'S GO EURO CHAMPS ! WE'VE GOT A PLANE TO GERMANY TO CATCH !

IM FINALLY BACK...... Did you miss me!? lol Any way it has been quite sometime scince I have posted in these forums. A few years back I had made a post disgussing that the key psychological point which would bring guranteed sucess to the ethniki omatha, could be found in the great pride in wearing your countries jersey.

3 Years later, this notion instilled by Otto Rehaggel has finally proliferated into the mind of just about every player on the team. However with the upcomming colosal battle between us and the turks Greece will have to play at level which must live up to their stature of european champions and then some.

From a psychological view, Greece will have to go into this game not thinking they are thier to beat the turks( people, country, history) but they are going to istanbul to be victorious against a strong side. They cannot let their "greek" emotions get in the way of the game like they did against albania (eg, kyriakos kicking the albano in the face, and giannakopoulos not allowing the keeper to kick the ball back into play). Such actions occur when emotion begins to overpower the fact that a football match is being played. A cool headed Greek team is one which will achive victory. AND THEY MUST REMBER THEY ARE NOT TRYING TO BEAT TURKEY BUT TRYING TO BEAT A SOLID TEAM. If they choose to belive they want to be heroes and feel they are taking back our city; a dream of many greeks, this mentality will only create more pressure for our team and result faliure.

I strongly hope this is not the case

WE NEED TO BE COOL, CALM, SOLID, AND FOCUSED ON FOOTBALL if we are to win tommorow

KALI TYXI PADIA cheers to all .........comments would be appreciated gia sas!

PS WATCH OUT FOR IRAKLIS NEXT YEAR THEY ARE BULIDING A GREAT TEAM WITH KOFIDIS.

:)

very well said and welcome back!

I hope we have learned from these mistakes and we can repeat the youth teams result yesterday. Since Soti has a little bit more experience now, i'm confident he'll keep a cool head. i would rather we make these silly mistakes vs. teams like Albania than more powerfull teams like Turkey. i think our boys have enough experience to ignore all non-football issues in this one

good luck to us :tup:

Yes our B-Team played ugly yesterday ...Greece B-Team could also win

with two goals......

BUT the A-Team is not equal the B-Team .......

B)

I hope Greece will play like they do and will not wait in their own side.. .....

than this will be a fantastisc game...

Guest GreekSoussou

Geia sou

Today I hope we can come out with a win, and really put the pressure on Ukraine going into the match Wednesday. I think a win here is not out of the question, as even though we are away, there will be many Greeks there to cheer on our team.

Greece 2

Turkey 0

Greece should have gone for the win to apply a lot of pressure on to ukraine. Let's hope ukraine slip against a small team like albania like we did earlier. Either way, a draw is better than a loss and were still in a good position to go to the world cup, not bad considering we didn't have zagorakis nor dellas.

Archived