Phantis Forums

WCq: Turkey - GREECE

dimitrakis

Kostas Katsouranis :nw:

Kostas Katsouranis....what a CHAMPION player. I drool every time I see him. I lost count the number of times he intervened to break down a Turkish attack.

AEK are very f***ing lucky to have him in their ranks!!!

It's definately a toss between him and Stelios Giannakopoulos for Greek player of the year!!!

As the the game. We got what we wanted (avoid defeat) and now the Ukraine are on our hit list.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done to our NATIONAL team :tup:

Once more they have made us all proud playing in front of a hostile crowd :nw:

With a bit of luck we could have got all 3 points...

Ukraine get ready for your 1st loss on Wednesday :gr: 3-1

Greece will never beat Turkey ---Greece can only defend their own side against such a stong team like Turkey .

:LOL: :LOL:

I theres one thing I realised watching Greece play with soem of our best players out its that turkey is not a quality side. the national team is crap to be honest

we got what we wanted against an average side. turkey could not get a goal to keep their hopes alive

it looks like all the millions of little turks in germany will have to support Greece in 2006

Hej Greece must go to Denmark -Remember !

Greece will play against Ukraine next week....everything is open my friend...

But the draw is the best thing for Turkish-Greek Friendship - you know both countries has get 1 one point from each other--this is the best thing it could happen---

...PACE

Question to alle my greek friends:

Did Greek play good yesterday?

No - They played 7-2-1

there were at least 7 men in the defense all the time :

Is this the Europian Champion -This is a shame for Europe.... we will see in the confederations cup what greece can offeer _ I hope more than this on Saturday ...hej sorry just defending is not football playing

you greeks cant see that your team does not play like a Euro Champion should....man why cant you talk over that ...you guy are just joking about turks and talking about politics.... I am glad that in germany the people are not like you guys from Greece or Australia.... B)

To all normal Greeks out there .

do YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT A EUROPIAN CHAMPION PLAY LIKE GREECE at saturday.....please just try to be realistic and not emotional ........

My German friends here has the same opinion like me....Greeks dont play like Euro champion...... they had just 8 shot to goal..... Turkey had 17 !!!! and this against an 10 men defense B)

who were the Germans critizing? your kidding right? whose calling the kettle black, the same Germans who won the world cup in the past playing the same defensive style that Greece plays. The same Germany that was critized for playing too much defence. So its okay for them but not us to use the same style.

I tell you whats bad for football the last world cup which was so watered down with all these shitty teams like Costa Rica, China, Iran etc etc any team now can reach the semi's.

I tell you whats bad for football the last world cup which was so watered down with all these shitty teams like Costa Rica, China, Iran etc etc any team now can reach the semi's.

Sure, that's why Greece was not qualified for this competition and why Greece has the great record to have took 0 points in World Cup ??

Korea eliminated Italy, Spain and we beat them at home. We were the only team to put in difficulty Brazil, the best team of the tournament by far : we lost the first game 2-1 against them because of a referee mistake giving them a penalty, and the second game 1-0 in a very equilibrated game.

Moreover, a Turkish club already won an European cup : it was Galatasaray in 2000 who won the UEFA cup against Arsenal and then the Supercup against Real Madrid. Greek clubs never won any European cup.

Don't diminish our great performances, nobody is diminishing your performance of last year and you should know that lots of turks were supporting their greek neighbours.

and Greece was also in a qualifying group with Germany and England. So its much harder for Greece to qualify for the world cup then say someone like Costa Rica and don't give me any of your bullshit about the uefa cup, champions league etc when the majority of the teams who win have to use foreign stars to achieve victory.

Just finished watching the match on the laptop.

What can I say, obviously the Turks wanted this game far more and played with great passion for stretches of the game, we were just content with keeping the ZERO on the scoreboard and not venturing far away to be caught on the back foot. Considering we did not have Zagorakis nor Dellas in a volatile stadium away from home, we did fabulously on defense, but without them none of our midfielders had the confidence needed to hold the ball, and make the little run thats nessisary to find teamates and push the ball up and develop some form of organized play. Instead once they saw the pressure coming their way, they passed the ball leading to many mistakes that could have killed us last night.

Thus our offensive campaigns were few and far between with no development, but to no suprise we were the ones that created one of the best chances to score with Giannakopoulos/Karagounis and the moufa Lakis.

All in all, im not deeply happy with the actual performance, but we stuck to the game plan and executed it as usual, and whatever came from there. One thing though, Fyssas/Seitaridis the latter more specifically was burned in many occasions on the flanks which worries me, and why is Lakis still a member of our NT ?

Nothing is over yet, we've only played 8 games and the there is a slaughter for the 2nd spot, with Ukraine still looking over their back for the first spot.

PAME ELLADARA !

TURK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE FACT IS GREECE HAS WON ONE INTERNATIONAL TROPHY IN THEIR 2ND ATTEMPT

HOW MANY TIMES HAS UR TEAM PLAYED IN THE EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS AND WON JACK SH.T LOL

TURKEY ???????????????????????????????????????????

WHAT HAS TURKEY WON IN INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION ??????????????????????????

A BRONZE DRINKING CUP FROM WC2002 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

PLEASE EXPLAIN AS I AM REAL HARD OF HEARING

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

IM STILL WAITING FOR A REPLY

Sure, that's why Greece was not qualified for this competition and why Greece has the great record to have took 0 points in World Cup ??

Korea eliminated Italy, Spain and we beat them at home. We were the only team to put in difficulty Brazil, the best team of the tournament by far : we lost the first game 2-1 against them because of a referee mistake giving them a penalty, and the second game 1-0 in a very equilibrated game.

Moreover, a Turkish club already won an European cup : it was Galatasaray in 2000 who won the UEFA cup against Arsenal and then the Supercup against Real Madrid. Greek clubs never won any European cup.

Don't diminish our great performances, nobody is diminishing your performance of last year and you should know that lots of turks were supporting their greek neighbours.

1. we didnt qualify because England and Germany were in our group thats excusable

2. Korea cheated the entire world cup, that italy game especailly. (remember how that same referee was banned from refereeing later that year for blatantly fixing a match with 10 mins injury time a disallowed goal and 2 penalties for the other team to win!?!?!?) Thank you to Turkey for beating those assholes---also may i say you did NOT beat them at home, the game was in Japan.

3. Tieing Costa Rica, beating China, Senegal, and Japan and Korea is good---but not that great. Not to mention Turkey had an easy qualification group. Performance agasinst Brazil was good though.

4. About teams in europe----- yes Galata has a UEFA Cup---but other than there quarterfinal appearance in 2002 what else has any turkish team done in the CHAMPIONS league? We have been to a final and semi final....

also here are some results to remeber

PAO 4 FENER 1

OSFP 3 OSFP 0

AIGALEO 1 GENCLERBIRLIGI 0

about the GAME LAST NIGHT:

i only saw the highlights but Turkey had only one REAL chance at the end.......the rest were not at all threatening........Stelios had the best move of the game how sweet would that have been.....Karagkounis also had a great chance......

WORLD CUP 2002 WAS RIGGED ...KOREA WAS PUSHED BY CORRUPT REFEREEIING FROM DAY 1 IN THE WORST WORLD CUP EVER.

ITALYS TOTTI GETTING RED CARD FOR A BLATANT PENALTY TURNED DOWN

SPAIN SCORING FAIR GOAL AGAINS KOREA ,,,THE CROSS CLEARLY DIDNT CROSS BYLINE,

MATE KOREA IS GARBAGE TEAM,,,WHAT HAVE THEY DONE SINCE THE WCUP2002

ABSOLUTELY NOTHIN

Question to alle my greek friends:

Did Greek play good yesterday?

No - They played  7-2-1

there were at least 7 men in the defense all the time :

Is this the Europian Champion -This is a shame for Europe.... we will see in  the confederations cup what greece can offeer _ I hope more than this on Saturday ...hej sorry just defending is not football playing

Bad playing of the greek team? a shame for europe? :LOL: you're joking right. Knock knock buddy wake up the euro trophy stands on greek soil and anybody else who keeps slamming greece for being lucky is just simply jealous.

Look at your own team who with all their 'super' strikers couldnt finish and penetrate a solid defensive wall and were stopped. ...it's all about strategy/tactics if you know anything about football. If you were a coach and you know your strentghs and weaknesses wouldnt you use your strengths to your advantage?

Your coach maybe could have used other tactics to win but do you know why he didnt play Sukur if he's such a hot player? <_<

Defending and counter-attacking is playing football and each team has their style. If you don't like it too bad cause we're the euro champs and will continue to be a strong team.

Greece almost left your turf with a win and you're the lucky ones remaining 2 points behind. Too bad we didnt finish you off.

See what in the confederations cup? You know it's not the 'big' tournament where it counts so anything that greece does I'll be happy and I'm sure the rest of us.

Maybe Turkey can try their luck again in WC 2010 B)

What can I say, obviously the Turks wanted this game far more and played with great passion for stretches of the game, we were just content with keeping the ZERO on the scoreboard and not venturing far away to be caught on the back foot. Considering we did not have Zagorakis nor Dellas in a volatile stadium away from home, we did fabulously on defense, but without them none of our midfielders had the confidence needed to hold the ball, and make the little run thats nessisary to find teamates and push the ball up and develop some form of organized play. Instead once they saw the pressure coming their way, they passed the ball leading to many mistakes that could have killed us last night.

Thus our offensive campaigns were few and far between with no development, but to no suprise we were the ones that created one of the best chances to score with Giannakopoulos/Karagounis and the moufa Lakis.

All in all, im not deeply happy with the actual performance, but we stuck to the game plan and executed it as usual, and whatever came from there. One thing though, Fyssas/Seitaridis the latter more specifically was burned in many occasions on the flanks which worries me, and why is Lakis still a member of our NT ?

Nothing is over yet, we've only played 8 games and the there is a slaughter for the 2nd spot, with Ukraine still looking over their back for the first spot.

PAME ELLADARA !

Re Vasilios, I agree with you totally and for once a kokkino and a prasino can agree on something B)

Anybody know why Gekas wasn't picked? I think Otto needs to scout for a couple strikers. I know that Zico was mentioned here awhile back but what's the reason not having him included?

Nikopolidis was rock solid and was great :tup:

:box: to the WC06

PAME ELLADARA !

Re Vasilios, I agree with you totally and for once a kokkino and a prasino can agree on something B)

Anybody know why Gekas wasn't picked? I think Otto needs to scout for a couple strikers. I know that Zico was mentioned here awhile back but what's the reason not having him included?

Nikopolidis was rock solid and was great :tup:

:box: to the WC06

We will see

everything open - I hope Greece will loose against Ukraine....

O Wednesday all Turks will be Ukrains ! And if tehy win I will drive with a Ukraine Flag cross the city !!!! :D

Come on Schevchenko Come on Veronin --show them that they are not plaing like Euro Champs should ....... standing in own side with 7 men IS NOT football...

B)

To all normal Greeks out there .

do YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT A EUROPIAN CHAMPION PLAY LIKE GREECE at saturday.....please just try to be realistic and not emotional ........

My German friends here has the same opinion like me....Greeks dont play like Euro champion...... they had just 8 shot to goal..... Turkey had 17 !!!! and this against an 10 men defense B)

Why are you degrading your own country like that? So what your saying is the only reason greece did not win is because we played bad, and not because turkey played good.

I want to remember boys :

I am living in Germany and here all Germans say that the Greeks doesnt play like a Euro champ ...THIS IS NOT FROM TURKS---

---also the Germans thinks that Greece only succesfull thanks to the german coach.... Greece is International nothing !!!!

All Germans say that it is a shame on international view how greece played against Turkey in Istanbul------ with 8 shots on a goal....(and 7 men in the defense Greeks play like small football nations ...oh sorry Greece is a small football nation :-=

And you have to go to Denmark---the Vikings wll also show their people that they are playing football......

All here in the Forum talk about ,,solid defans'' but here in Germany everybody is laughing about the art of playing from the greek national team... THIS IS NOT A JOKE ...... The Germans has more respect to the turkish football as to the greek....

Here in Germany they call the turks as the best technical team in Europe ....

..and eveybody has the same opinion : if you let your 7 players wait in their own side you cant talk about a real champion.....

Sorry this nt just my opinion most Germans think so and I agree with them..

:gr: :gr: I like Greece :gr: :gr: But I Dont Like the way the greek team plays...

I am living in Germany and here all Germans say that the Greeks doesnt play like a Euro champ ...THIS IS NOT FROM TURKS---

---also the Germans thinks that Greece only succesfull thanks to the german coach.... Greece is International nothing !!!!

All Germans say that it is a shame on international view how greece played against Turkey in Istanbul------ with 8 shots on a goal....(and 7 men in the defense Greeks play like small football nations ...oh sorry Greece is a small football nation :-

And you have to go to Denmark---the Vikings wll also show their people that they are playing football......

yada yada yada..blah blah blah..Bro it was just one game and we tied you so get over it and look to your next match..maybe throw some pennies in the lake for good luck.

All the germans you say..did you go to every house and take a survey? :P

YEAH SHAME ON US THAT WON THE EURO! :tup:

Who cares what others and germany say since also germany has their own big problems!

All here in the Forum talk about ,,solid defans'' but here in Germany everybody is laughing about the art of playing from the greek national team... THIS IS NOT A JOKE ...... The Germans has more respect to the turkish football as to the greek....

Here in Germany they call the turks as the best technical team in Europe ....

..and eveybody has the same opinion : if you let your 7 players wait in their own side you cant talk about a real champion.....

Sorry this nt just my opinion most Germans think so and I agree with them..

:gr: :gr: I like Greece :gr: :gr: But I Dont Like the way the greek team plays...

Who really cares anyways and it's the results that count.

Greek art of playing=Winning

:gr:

I did not see European Champion at Inonu..did u see it?.....ok im joking :D

but there were 7 Greek defenders against Turkiye :P...

anyway ..Greece will play 2 hard games with Ukraine and Denmark(away)...We will play with Ukranie(away),Denmark..after these matches i believe that we will take 6 points..Greece will take only 1 point..

All Germans say that it is a shame on international view how greece played against Turkey in Istanbul------ with 8 shots on a goal....(and 7 men in  the defense Greeks play like small football nations ...oh sorry Greece is a small football nation :-

yada yada yada..blah blah blah..Bro it was just one game and we tied you so get over it and look to your next match..maybe throw some pennies in the lake for good luck.

All the germans you say..did you go to every house and take a survey? :P

YEAH SHAME ON US THAT WON THE EURO! :tup:

Who cares what others and germany say since also germany has their own big problems!

No I didnt make a survey but you know we talk here much about

football with the students and a I told something about the major

opinion.....

...anyway this Group keeeps interesting till the last game....

I wish the boy from hellas good luck but it is natural that I will pray for

Ukraine....

:tup: UKRAINE UKRAINE UKRAINE UKRAINE UKRAINE :tup:

Archived