Phantis Forums

WCq: Turkey - GREECE

dimitrakis

Either a draw (1:1) or a victory for Turkey (3:2).

I just want to remember that as Turkey played against

Ukraine the team was in a construction phase .

Now the turkish team

is ready and they have their right players and the right tactics (like WC 2002)

.......so it will be very hard for Greece. ...very very hard.....

.....but we will see.......

:box: 16 days left.....

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Turk ?? :LOL:

No ? Really --?? I thought a Albanian ....

wow you let us shot one goal in minute 90. well thats

a honor goal....thanks

However the better team will win.....we can talk

much about that.....

0-0 draw. smells like it.

This is the team for Istanbul:

Tavlaridis (Lille)

, Halkias (Porstmouth),

Fissas (Benfica),

Seitaridis (Porto),

Amanatidis (Kaiserslautern),

Karagunis (Inter),

Haristeas (Ajax),

Kapsis (Bordeaux),

Hiryakos (Rangers),

Yannakopulos (Bolton),

Lakis (C.Palace),

Ciartas (Köln),

Vrizas’ı (Celta De Vigo)

-----Greece has very good players I am little bit afraid but

I belive to the turkish team......

This is the team for Istanbul:

Tavlaridis (Lille)

, Halkias (Porstmouth),

Fissas (Benfica),

Seitaridis (Porto),

Amanatidis (Kaiserslautern),

Karagunis (Inter),

Haristeas (Ajax),

Kapsis (Bordeaux),

Hiryakos (Rangers),

Yannakopulos (Bolton),

Lakis (C.Palace),

Ciartas (Köln),

Vrizas’ı (Celta De Vigo)

-----Greece has very good players I am little bit afraid but

I belive to the turkish team......

That's not the team for the Turkey game. They are just the Greek players that play abroad and get their invitations 1 week before the domestic players do.

Host nation??? There are just as many Greeks as there are Turks in Germany, along with other ethnicities. Many Euro ethnicities, in large numbers, live there. Not only Turks. Just to inform you, in case your deluding yourself, Germany is the host nation. Turkey will never host a soccer tournament as Greece (our only real competition is Italy and recent events have gone against them) will come 2012. Just like Turkey will never host OUR Olympics.

Greece cant win in Turkey? Why? This is a derby and any result is possible.

Not the host nation he meant but if we qualify we will play all our games at home. Just for a Galatasaray game, there were 55.000 Galatasaray fans for Galatasaray-Juventus in Dortmund last season because of terrorist attacks in Istanbul. And this year, there was a friendly game Schalke 04-Galatasaray, and there were 30.000 Galatasaray fans. (there are pictures of these 2 games in the turkish forum/Fans pictures if you don't believe). So you have to imagine what it can be for a Turkish NT game. ;)

Come on, Turkish never hosted a Football competition, right. But you are only candidate for 2012 for the moment. I wish we had organized the competition together in 2008.

You hosted the Olympics, congragulations : personnally I don't want my country to host the Olympics, because I know that we will know the same organization problems than Greece and that we will be late in the building sites like you were and I don't want to see my country criticized like your was, even if I must say that in Turkey the newspapers were defending Greece, believe me or not. Moreover, the Olympics costed you very much, too much regarding to what it brought you and that's why a good part of the Greek population was against them for this reason and there were lots of protests. Anyway, I understand you are proud to have hosted such a competition in your country, even if it was unfortunately sullied by these doping problems. :(

For your information, Turkey will also host a F1 Grand Prix in Istanbul every year. We will also host soon the Champions League final Milan-Liverpool, and we were happy to see that the 2007 final will be in Athens, because it is good to see UEFA giving such organization in the region, and not only in Western Europe.

Greetings

King Otto has countinued to down play this game

and has countinued to put the pressure on Turkey

about Dellas being out i am not suprised and King Otto expected that from the start

i mean it will no doubt be difficult to play w/o Zagorakis and Dellas but Greece isn't depended upon one single player

They are in essence a team and some of the other players will have to raise there play

Karagounis, Giannakopoulos and Charisteas will need to pick up there offensive games

While Nikopolidis will need to stay focus

Kyrgiakos and Kafes are the key defensively

we will see in 2 weeks wut will transpire

Guest Protathlitis

Not the host nation he meant but if we qualify we will play all our games at home. Just for a Galatasaray game, there were 55.000 Galatasaray fans for Galatasaray-Juventus in Dortmund last season because of terrorist attacks in Istanbul. And this year, there was a friendly game Schalke 04-Galatasaray, and there were 30.000 Galatasaray fans. (there are pictures of these 2 games in the turkish forum/Fans pictures if you don't believe). So you have to imagine what it can be for a Turkish NT game. ;)

its true, there are millions of little turks in germany. they are the biggest minority there . There are a fair few Ellines but not that many

its too bad the host country wont qualify then :P sorry turks but i just cant see you qualifying. maybe if you didnt have to play Hellas

as for the olympics, I cant understand your opinion on that. out of all Greece's accomplishments in the last year I was most proud of the olympics. eveyone agreed they were the best olympics of all time and you could really feel that they were home again. a great time in my life

It dosen't really matter, 10 greek players from the first team could get injured and still i wouldnt be suprised if King otto found another 10 to get the result he wants. Although i remember against danishland how zagorakis got subbed during half-time and danishland were very close to equalising... so could zagorakis influence a game that much???

The reason Denmark almost equalized was because Greece sat back in the second half after leading 2-1. Since Greece has no "stars", it doesn't matter who is playing . The mentality that King Otto has instilled in his players is what made Greece champs.

So, thats why I'm confident that Greece will not lose in Turkey because of King Otto and his coaching.

On the difficult road to 2006, this is another crucial game. As we can now more or less speculate that our anchor on defence (Dellas) is not going to play as well as the heart of the team Zagorakis. Lets face it, our team has weakened considerably. Various strategies are discussed on Phantis, the most detailed one with AEK66. Lets hope and pray that King Otto can figure out the most prudent strategy for this most difficult "POLY" for Greeks to play.

Remember that we are playing Turkey and that says it all! It is not just a soccer game, it is politics combined with soccer. Not just Turkey but everybody else is trying their best against Greece now and thats how its going to be from now on.

As for the Turkish team , they also have a some problems. Namely, Nhihat is most likely not going to play and so is their very tricky forward, Tekke. Also, their goalie, Rustu is very weak handling long shots. So, Stelios and whoever else is up front have to shoot from long distances. That is very crucial.

As for the potential for violence, I hope it will not come to that because a lot of Turkish families go and watch their NT. And that should deter people from acting unreasonably should the Turkish team loose. As for me, I would be happy with a tie.

What we need is some inspiration but I dont know where it will come from??!!

ELLADA PANTA ELLADA

:gr:

Apollo

On the difficult road to 2006, this is another crucial game. As we can now more or less speculate that our anchor on defence (Dellas) is not going to play as well as the heart of the team Zagorakis. Lets face it, our team has weakened considerably. Various strategies are discussed on Phantis, the most detailed one with AEK66. Lets hope and pray that King Otto can figure out the most prudent strategy for this most difficult "POLY" for Greeks to play.

Remember that we are playing Turkey and that says it all! It is not just a soccer game, it is politics combined with soccer. Not just Turkey but everybody else is trying their best against Greece now and thats how its going to be from now on.

As for the Turkish team , they also have a some problems. Namely, Nhihat is most likely not going to play and so is their very tricky forward, Tekke. Also, their goalie, Rustu is very weak handling long shots. So, Stelios and whoever else is up front have to shoot from long distances. That is very crucial.

As for the potential for violence, I hope it will not come to that because a lot of Turkish families go and watch their NT. And that should deter people from acting unreasonably should the Turkish team loose. As for me, I would be happy with a tie.

What we need is some inspiration but I dont know where it will come from??!!

ELLADA PANTA ELLADA

:gr:

Apollo

well said

i just want to know wut kind of formation we will go with to Turkey ??

i don't see us going 3-5-2 like we did in our last 2 games

we are missing two key players for that system to work

i think Otto will start with 4-5-1 and eventually move into a 4-4-2

we will just see

on the violence issue

FiFA has come down hard on Albania

and i think if Turkey does something out of the unordinary they will face stiff punishment b/c when they came to Greece they were treated respectably

Denmark was all over us in the 2nd half because Kafes was invisible.

i think we will see the same lineup and formation as the match vs. Georgia except for Zagorakis, kats will move up in his place from the sweeper position and Kygiakos as the only new player in central defence.

i remember basinas playing sweeper the last time and what a disaster, he plays his best as a DM

i'm also glad we have had a clean discussion so far .........unlike in other forums

Archived