Phantis Forums

OSFP suspension upheld

For those of you who alwyas bitch that OSFP gets everything their way

http://www.sportnet.gr/showreport.aspSport...&ReportID=89261

go ahead and complain now that we get away with things,,

No home fans again.

I cannot believe in teh 3 months of the new year.. this will be only our 3rd game at home with fans.

Kseftila! These hooligans are destroying the right for fans to attend the games!

talk about complaining. this is your 3rd violation and you get 1+1 days. this is some kind of joke. you call this a just punishment. What is it the more you break the laws the less the punishment.

Anyway this kind of punishment of closed stadiums does not seem to be a good deterent of violence. I believe that the team managements are responisble or should be responsible for safety of fans and property during games. Something should be done so they would take the apropriate action and clean up the sport.

Guest Protathlitis

with a lot of upheaval OSFP can stop them just like all the big clubs can

but apparently its our fault because pao only has a stratia because we do :LOL:

goblue, you sound like you have absolutley no knowledge on this subject from the things you say

It is up to Olympiakos to control these hooligans... Same way as all the other teams do..

You want the army and Tsoukalades ? Then you have to deal with the empty seats!! ;)

what the hell do u mean when u say Olympiakos can control them

if Olympiakos could control these ppl they wouldn't be losing millions of dollars in Euro

do u honestly think that Olympiakos want this to happen

for starters they lose the advantage of the fans and well that doesn't help with the league

this is the reason Olympiakos is tied with Pao

u complain how unfair it is that everything goes Olympiakos way

look at what has transpire this season

i think this is our 6th game with no fans

did pao have to deal with that hell no

so ignorant

punishing the club in my opinion does nothing, we're commiting the same mistakes the English made in the 70's. No football club should need to get into the business of security and providing law and order and lets be real how many clubs in Greece can even afford to provide it in their football grounds , never mind trying to control their fans on away games. The few hundred Pot Heads that like to destroy property probably don't give a damn s%$#! if there are games played behind closed doors. Lets be honest by punishing Olympiakos who is owned by a billionare, how is that punishing the hooligan who throws a molotov cocktail thru a bank window. It doesn't.

What needs to be done is these clowns need to be caught, thrown in jail for two years and fined $10,000 Euros, if the fine is not paid in 30 days confisicate their next of kins property until the debt is paid off. The way the system is now it rewards the violator.

I like what the English Police do, they wait till the next morning when the so called hooligan's are without their buddies. The police knock their doors down at 6:00 in the morning and haul them off to jail. Isolate them into individuals and they will be defeated.

But unfortunately until we get away from the mentality of punishing the clubs and start focusing on punishing the individuals who commit the violence, nothing is going to change.

I understand your frustration but they threw people in jail that caused violence

if that doesnt stop it .. youre telling me OSFP can control them?

yes they can, why dnt they jst do what they did in England.... :tdown:

all these wankers r really ###### up the Greek League and football its self!!!

###### currupt Nation we have :angry:

It is up to Olympiakos to control these hooligans... Same way as all the other teams do..

You want the army and Tsoukalades ? Then you have to deal with the empty seats!! ;)

if Olympiakos could control these ppl they wouldn't be losing millions of dollars in Euro

for starters they lose the advantage of the fans and well that doesn't help with the league

so ignorant

Olympiakos 11, do you live in Greece? Have you got any idea what the media does to people around here? What do you think a 13 year old will think when they watch Tsoukala at TV Magic suggesting that "we will be 10.000 to N. Smyrni and if they don't let us in the stadium then we will watch the game to nearby cafes" (sarcasm)...

How do you think uneducated young people will react, when they read Protathlitis and watch Tsoukala? Its pure logic man, don't hide behind your fingers all the time... Why do you think other teams have better fans? Poeple are the same but simply they do not flourish the land with media statements and threats!!! Olympiakos has become a club controlled by the masses and by Tsoukalades... And this happens because Kokkalis WANTS it to happen....

And then he had the nerve to appear in the press conference yesturday stating all sorts of b****t!!!! And nobody had the guts to stand up and throw a yogurt to the guy!!! He spoke about injustice, about investments, and against the government and against the law... Excuse me, but wasn't Olympiakos who a month ago got his points back? was this justice? Wasn't Kokkalis who invested in a GIFTED land? He has the nerve to speak about investments and justice... Justice my ass!!!! But I don't blame him I blame the bloody government for doing nothing!!!!

Anyway I got upset again... :(

QUOTE (Elastonpappou 13 @ Mar 8 2005, 07:59 AM)

You want the army and Tsoukalades ? Then you have to deal with the empty seats!! 

so ignorant

So what will happen if PAO win the title or AEK for that matter - will the geys bitch that we kept playing behind closed doors etc etc

so in your opinion this is why were tied for first!

I agree this is hurting the league as a whole - but just maybe, maybe if those 6 points werent given back to Oly maybe these stupid ignorant so called fans would actually think twice before starting fires and fights and breaking chairs etc etc

and what do you expect of these people when they live in such an environment where the media and figures in the media (such as Protathlitis etc) bring out this propaganda bulls***t about having passion and been fanatical and releasing stuff about Oly been the victims etc etc

and even though propaganda is a strong word to use its true - even the Athlitiki Ixo and Derby are just as bad - i rem reading whenever we have an away game in europe or something and there front page is "3000 Pao fans san KAMIKAZE sto..." its utter crap

and bc Kokkalis is such a brilliant business man that we all know him to be :LOL: than yes i think he can control the fans bc in doing so it would be protecting his investment - i somehow dun think he is happy about the loss in revenue from ticket sales!

My question is this:

-people went to jail because they rioted while in Crete

-if youre a hooligan and someone threatens you with jail.. are u going to say im still going to riot ?

-if my teams presdient tells me dont riot so we dont lose 3 points youre telling me they will listen?

how can u think that OSFP as a club will make the fans think twice about rioting but jail time will be completely ignored?

- agree jail is the only solution. after all isnt there a law called disturning the peace>

-if my teams presdient tells me dont riot so we dont lose 3 points youre telling me they will listen?

Your president tells you not to riot but at the same time he feeds Tsoukala 400.000 Dr a month to do his show at TV Magic and provoke people... ;) He also pays Themos Anastasiadis to issue Protathliti....

So in words he may be telling you not to riot but his actions show the opposite...

i completely agree with pappou about the people being controled by the media. i mean i watch a lot of tv, but the people in greece watch way mor than me. unfortunately it seems now that greece's culture today is based on all the gossip being in the media. just look at the news where everytime a flea bites a dog the make interviews with kyra koula and barba mitsos to ask them what the saw! because of that people like tsoukalas, if they have their own show get a lot of power into their hands. unfortunately they are too stupid to handle it. sure, it is funny sometimes to watch his show but his attitude and his oppinions are complete bullshit.

i would like to see kokkalis separating from tsoukalas & co. i dont know why he doesnt. either he is too scared, because tsoukalas has his own little army now are he just doesnt want to.

about the suspension. this is the way it works in greece. do you really think the police will go after the people causing trouble? man, in my hometown there is one cop that makes his round every day. but not to see whats happening, but rather to drink a coffee at every bar around the platia. the other cops dont even get out of their office, they order their coffee to be brought to them.

why should they lift their asses if it doesnt bring them any money?

to stop the violence in greek stadiums we should handle it like in the uk. but this will never happen. unfortunately there are not enough british people in greece to handle it. ;)

Your president tells you not to riot but at the same time he feeds Tsoukala 400.000 Dr a month to do his show at TV Magic and provoke people... ;) He also pays Themos Anastasiadis to issue Protathliti....

So in words he may be telling you not to riot but his actions show the opposite...

so if your team president tells u to jump off a bridge u will go do it cause he told you?

Its all basics. Its very simple. Poeple should control themselves from rioting!!

Once again you have proven my friend CH-Thrylos that you are one of the few who understand what is going on in Greece and in Greek footbal...

I have several times stated that Karaiskaki (is owned to a "Thrylos A.E. or also known as Karaiskaki A.E." a company wholly owned by Kokkalis... Also the stadium was build to the land owned not by GGS (Geniki Gramateia Athlitismou as Syrigos states) but to EOE (Ellinikh Olympiakh Epitroph)...

The problem my friend with Kokkalis and his relationship with the Tsoukalades is simple... He is not afraid of any Tsoukalades or anything. The reason behind it is that Kokkalis has passed the idea to most Oly fans that he has done well for Olympiakos (not that he hasn't done anything) and that he is looking 100% after the welfare of the club. This is far from thruth... Kokkalis is accused for many crimes and he know that without the support of his strato, he will probably end up in jail. Thus, Tsoukalades help with his situation because can you imagine the Government even TRYING to touch him? You will have millions of people against the government which means millions of votes will be lost (because unfortunately there are many low-minded people in our country who simply vote because of these stupid things...)

I don't know if you noticed that yesturday after the end of the press conference he said something that wasn't written in his original speach...

he said "It is me that they are after, so get your hands off from Olympiakos"....

This simply puts the burden 100% on the Government and the Prime minister... And what does the government do? NOTHING!!!!

first of all i dont really know what kokkalis is doing apart from managing osfp and to be honest, it doesnt really interest me. second, as it was written in another post recently, osfp doesnt have half the football fans in greece on his side anymore. pao has more or less the same amount of fans like we do. both have something around 30% if i remember correctly.

so if the government would really want to do something they could. and this would also bring them the votes of all anti-osfp fans.

as you are describing him he seems to be like a modern goldfinger or something like that. sure, not everything he does is clean and helps osfp, but he has done a lot for the team. i know, it might sound like i am one of these brainwashed fans that believe and support everything he says.

kokkalis managed to build a new home for our team (i dont really care how he managed to do it and how much money it brings into his pockets :ph34r: ) an he brought a lot of good players to osfp, which wasnt just good for our team but also for greek football. he managed to bring our basketball team back to the top in the ninetees (he doesnt seem to care about it nowadays though :( ).

i respect him for what he does and did for the club. if the government isnt able to take measures against him because of the crimes he is supposed to have committed, then shame on them. kokkalis is a businessman, and because of that he looks how he cane make money. you cant blame him for that. if the ways to get to the money arent proper it isnt our problem to cope with.

as long as it seems to me that he wants the best for the team i support him. the only thing i dont agree with him is the way he is handling the violence problem.

but if you read the article you surely noticed the last paragraph about pao and ofi. and i am sure vardinogiannis doesnt have such a clean vest either. ;)

Pappou I know we disagree a lot and If i lived in greece I would understand your opinion

but Ch is right. he has done many good things for football

\

now when it comes to crimes unrelated to football or not.. thats not something we can do and thats up to the government not us.

and im sure vardinogiannis also has done a few things im sure hes not proud of either only it seems hes not in the news as much as kokkalis

at least kokkalis speaks his mind

A thanks to CH-Thryllos for the reference to this article. Copied are the main points for those of us who are not inclined to click on his link.

And dedicated to those who are convinced of Mr. kokkalis magninamous contribution to greek football and his totally selfless support of Olympiakos.

"

Some here think that we that talk of club responsibility that we know nothing of greek football. Well think twice and research and investigate.

Hooliganism in greece is an inextricable part of the organized supporter clubs. These clbs know who the trouble makers are and they can even stop them if they want or at least point them tot the club management and the police.

Next, these clubs are totally connected to the club management. Management uses them as their main or only marketing branch, they buy blocks of thousands of tickets, many at a discount, etc. Management depends on them for revenues and even political support etc.

Management can control them but they refuse to because its easier to sell their tickets and mercjhandise thru them. They need to get them under control even if they have to initially give up the money, stop selling them tickets, allowing use of trademarks, etc.

Management , leadership of the synthesmous, team security, police and courts need to work together to remove violent fans from the clubs. But itcannot happen unless club managements take the lead.

Guys, I never said that Kokkalis hasn't done anything good for Thrynos... CH-Thrylos is right... If you live abroad then there is absolutely NO NEED to know the PARASKINIO behind Kokkalis moves... All you care about is for your team to perform, have a descent stadium, descent players and so on... This, Kokkalis achieved it... The means that he done it is not a problem for the fans.. It is a problem for the state... Despite what he is and what he has done, Olympiakos ended up with a new stadium and this is the Bottomline of everything... They also got couple of big names such as Rivaldo and Schurrer....

To be honest if I was you I wouldn't worry either, with the means that Kokkalis has achieved these things.... However, the refereing subject is a different story... I wouldn't want my team every week in and week out to have controversial games, with bad refereing and hooliganism... Kokkalis's actions that led to many good things of Olympiakos as a club, have also led to many bad actions of the fans and the press...... These things are a chain of actions....

Archived