Phantis Forums

OSFP suspension upheld

Its definetely not up to me or you, but Kokkalis? I am not so sure... ;)

:)

the ref thing is something nobody will be able to change in greece. i think the ref education is just too bad. or they just pick all the biggest morons in greece to ref the matches in a' ethniki.

the hooliganism is definately something kokkalis could do something about. and he really should. i dont think that most of our fans agree with the way things go. it is just that they dont open their mouths and say something against it.

but since kokkalis is supposed to be the owner and the on who gets the money out of the matches in karaiskaki i dont think he will let things go on like this anymore. he already lost about 3mio euros out of the matches without fans.

Let's hope that, for the sake of greek soccer, Kokkalis will start acting against hooliganism asap. The issue with him (and other greek club owners) is quite complex and highly political. I don't want to repeat my points here, we had discussed it to death in another thread.

Truth is, neither the majority of the organised fans nor the rest of people like us are endorsing hooligan attitude. I think that the source of our problem is a small but powerful minority of uneducated idiots. The rest involved in riotings are simply following like sheeps (mob mentality).

Imo, fines against the club, alone, won't solve the problem. It is senseless to expect from hooligans to be able to think before commiting their actions. Thus I am expecting from the public opinion not to concentrate to fines at the club level. It's cheap mass media exploitation where (particularly) Pao fans have dropped in. You think that, by simply charging Olympiakos, violence will cease. It won't.

Violence can be only reduced by careful planning and corporate efforts. I still think clubs should be charged, in order to prevent management from provoking violence, but (more importantly) a lot has to be done INSIDE stadiums. Let's not think that, by simply charging the clubs, the issue will vanish.

btw: be careful with Syrigos articles like that you quoted from Eleftherotypia. Not that all of the facts there aren't true but he intentionally misinterprets a few. You see, Eleftherotypia's owner is in open battle with Kokkali for years (contracting interests in the public sector). And the guy's history stinks from one mile away. Well, now it seems that I opened a new can of worms :)

Archived