Phantis Forums

Chick Young

Yaniotis1

Green mate...

The same thing can happen when PAO fans start singing about Celtic in Aibrox!

Again ... dont be so fast in calling people names ... ;)

In te ground teasing is also part of the games fun...

Now, if there are people in the ground that are willing to kill someone who raises an opponents flag in a football field, they should be taken to Africa and be forced to help the kids that die from hunger for them to see the futility of relevant shortsighted behavours against people with whom they could drink beers and have fun under a different setup of any kind!

There are bad fans in all nations and all teams and they are all complete idiots.

Passion is one thing, teasing is another... throwing things that can hurt people is a whole different chapter!

I agree somewhat with Kilmarnock. But as a Greek in my heart, it's natural to defend what we see as normal in Greek sports. If you think about this as a foreigner (I, an American in this case) it does seem a bit out of wack that people are throwing projectiles at the fans (even if teased or instigated) etc. On the other hand, calling a stadium which is considered the mecca of Panathinaikos fans, the team's legacy and history, "a slum" is a totally unknowledgeable and cultureless statement.

Here's another example. I live in Boston where Boston knocked Oakland out of the baseball playoffs two days ago. The game was played in California, but once it was over, fans in Boston started flipping over cars, throwing beer bottles from off the tops of buildings and they broke into the closed stadium in Boston. It was the first time that I witnessed a "Greek sports atmosphere" in the USA. My point is that it seemed totally stupid and unnecessary in this case, but it seems normal to see it in Greece in the derbies.

So though I don't agree with Young, he has a couple valid points(@ max) but I wouldn't hesitate to call him some descriptive Greek nouns...

I agree i was a little too harsh for what i said about Scotland and the Olympics.

But hiw can you not be angry with some of dumb-Chick (what a name..) Young's comments?

he says "This is the football tournament for the royalty of the club game in Europe. They should have the right to perform in a palace, not a slum and, given that the ground is the shame of the Eternal City, it makes you wonder how on earth they are going to host next year's Olympic Games. "

Well that "Slum" you slime was APPROVED by UEFA for Champions league games!

As for next years Olympic games why dont you pay(if you can afford it yourself and not put it on BBC's business expences...) a visit to Athens and look at the stadiums (for all sports) built..

he says "Prepare for a trip to Hell, they told us ... but it couldn't hold a candle to an Auchenleck versus Cumnock derby. It was about as terrifying as a Sunday School trip. "

he bitches about hostility and then calls this a sunday school trip. So obviously things were not as bad as he describes.. So pick Fruitcake-Chick, was the atmoshpere all that bad or NOT?

he says " Flares bombarded the Apostolos Nikolaidis Stadium pitch

Rangers subs pelted by plastic glasses as they warmed up, plastic bottles filled with water - hopefully it was just that - thrown at visiting fans, a couple of supporters on the pitch at full-time and enough flares fired into the night sky to launch a thousand lifeboats. They are quite, quite mad. "

Ok you have a point Chick..

So if Greek fans are not civilized how do you call British tourists visiting Faliraki in Rhodes then (which are not attending a football game, but...vacations)?

you say

"Frankly, it is a disgrace that they are allowed at all to play in the Champions' League and I hope the wrath of Uefa will come crashing upon them. "

What a harsh thing to say about a Sunday School trip!

As for violence, this did not happen IN GREECE:

from sportnews:

"

What is it with football fans and their flags and banners? In Greece they seem to particularly sacred. Stealing them from the opposition to display and burn them in the stadium. Never fails to piss everyone them off does it?

At the 1-3 match at Old Trafford a few years back, the only bad tempered moment of the night was when an Olympiakos flag was hung over from the seats above at half time.

The only reason it keeps happening is because the opposition fans know the reaction it will get. But how many PAO fans wore Celtic strips at Leoforos? And how many Irish Tricolour flags will be waved at Ibrox? Everyone does it.

If there are around 3000 away fans at Ibrox, they will get allocated the lower section of a stand with Rangers fans behind. Only this season has the police insisted that the front 10 rows are left empty to stop Rangers fans spitting and throwing pies, tea and water (hopefully it was just that Chick) down on opposition fans. This has happened at Ibrox for 20 years (when it was rebuilt), but Chick would never mention that! Ban them from Champions League I say!!

A difficult one to finish with: What's worse, Charles or Chick?

I agree i was a little too harsh for what i said about Scotland and the Olympics.

But hiw can you not be angry with some of dumb-Chick (what a name..) Young's comments?

he says "This is the football tournament for the royalty of the club game in Europe. They should have the right to perform in a palace, not a slum and, given that the ground is the shame of the Eternal City, it makes you wonder how on earth they are going to host next year's Olympic Games. "

Well that "Slum" you slime was APPROVED by UEFA for Champions league games!

As for next years Olympic games why dont you pay(if you can afford it yourself and not put it on BBC's business expences...) a visit to Athens and look at the stadiums (for all sports) built..

he says "Prepare for a trip to Hell, they told us ... but it couldn't hold a candle to an Auchenleck versus Cumnock derby. It was about as terrifying as a Sunday School trip. "

he bitches about hostility and then calls this a sunday school trip. So obviously things were not as bad as he describes.. So pick Fruitcake-Chick, was the atmoshpere all that bad or NOT?

he says " Flares bombarded the Apostolos Nikolaidis Stadium pitch

Rangers subs pelted by plastic glasses as they warmed up, plastic bottles filled with water - hopefully it was just that - thrown at visiting fans, a couple of supporters on the pitch at full-time and enough flares fired into the night sky to launch a thousand lifeboats. They are quite, quite mad. "

Ok you have a point Chick..

So if Greek fans are not civilized how do you call British tourists visiting Faliraki in Rhodes then (which are not attending a football game, but...vacations)?

you say

"Frankly, it is a disgrace that they are allowed at all to play in the Champions' League and I hope the wrath of Uefa will come crashing upon them. "

What a harsh thing to say about a Sunday School trip!

As for violence, this did not happen IN GREECE:

from sportnews:

"

Rome... is known as the "Eternal City".... .......

He doesn't know what he writes....this chiky...chiky bang bang.... and plus Greece/Athens/the stadiums is/are in a transition period..... or he does not know it... (one more thing)... or he's ignore it..... but it looks that he does not know it.

I think we have given to that arrogant idiot...too much attention.

Writing this... I do not support the Greek Hooligans....neither.... ..

Id like to add something to this article. Whatever the rangers supporters copped next gate 7 where i was sitting they deserved. I just got back from greece and i was present at that game and what those inbreads showed was a joke. They had olympiakos flags and olympiakos scarfs and they were wearing theyre away team jersey the red and white one to be more smartasses.

And once they started chanting olympiakos olympiakos they copped it, we hurled things at them and rightfully so. And they mighty well shutttup after that.

Rangers fans are known to be a pack of hooligans like their brothers chelsea.

And in regards to the behaviour of the fans to the ref well, what can i say. i dont agree with what happened ...................BUT ......something has to be said..

The ref let all panathinaikos players knocked off the ball play on throughout the game.

when the rangers got fouled he blew them

He was a bias idiot, the ref and showed little respect to pao's reputation in europe and was whistling agaisnt us for the 90 minutes.

in the end his eye did get opened,,,maybe next time that spanish... ref can think twice about treating our greek team like no1s and actually blow the whistle fairly.

As far as those scotss that came they were unsportsmanlike fans that dont deserve any recognition whatsoever and this comes hand in hand with the way they conducted themselves next to gate 7, and the treatment they recieved from us panathinaikos fans.

u dont come in as visitors and carry on like that you drunken idiots. go bak where u came from.

Right !

And if you go to Aibrox and one of you goys wears a Celtic Jersey they must equally have every right to shower you guys with objects? Right?

And when the PAO fans were holding Cypriot Flags in Turkey the Fener Fans were right to be throwing things at them all pre game and all game and all post-game long?

I suggest you guys start talking sense and stopp applauding actions which are also hidden behind the safety provided by the anonymity of the crowd!

I wonder how many between you would go into a rivals gate and throw the objects you feel you have the right to throw at them, standing right next to them!

And who told you you have the right to put other peoples lives in danger (because we all know the range of items being tossed ) just because someone else is teasing you!

As much as I would hate someone throwing an idem at me I would not (and never have) thrown anything at anyone ...

From that point onwards your thinking is incomprehensible to me and will also backfire at you when you will come back here complaining about the way , say, Rangers fans welcomed you there!

Decide what you like first and lets talk on that basis! :rolleyes:

he does not only accuse PAO's team, stadium, club and fans.... but he shows doubts.. about Greece in general.

His inferences are reasonable because the stadium (which historic or not is a slum as all soccer stadia in Greece) will be used for the Olympics and is used for International matches. And PAO/Rehangel have been using it because, as they have repeatedly said, the minimal separation between spectators and players makes it easy for the former to intimidate the latter.

Wonderful! We wish to have matches in which our team wins at all costs and then we complain when the victims of the Greek

I really doubt that Rehagel..said exactly that... he just wanted to have a better atmosphere.....

Please note that in Germany in the last 5-7 years all stadiums have been rebuild.... I think only Schalke 04... has build a completely new stadium in a different locality..... and Bayern Munchen has a similar project...

All other Clubs.. have .. re-build the existent stadium... they did not touch the pitch...but have build the stands... quarter by quarter...... also during championship.... in 3/4 or half of the stands were the spectators.. in the other part...they were refurbishing it.....

What they did is.... they eliminated... the running tracks... and have build the stands ... next to the pitch... like in England....

So in this context... when Rehhagel came to Greece... he was a bit asthonished to see this boring issue... especially when the NT was playing.., was not action any way.

That's why.. he talked about Leoforos and Xarilaou......

PS. Is it true that Leoforos will be used for Olympics ??

PAO has been fined with 100.000 Swiss Francs... by the UEFA... .. this by the recommendation of Chiky Chiky....

CHF 100.000, = USD 76.248,57..... as per todays interbanking rate.....

and 550 Euros fine for the Rangers :blink:

Question: What will the Greek Clubs do without their fans ?

Answer: They will do better transfers as more money would be available....

• 1 month later...

Archived