Phantis Forums

Would/ Do you support your most hated rival when

Evergreen

Taking the idea from Zachos I've opened this topic.

As a PAO fan I have no problem supporting any Greek club in Europe. Apart from one....Olympiakos!!!

Hatred is simply and underestimated emotion. I'd support anyone against them in whatever game. My heart simply refuses too and I can't be a hypocrite either. Blood and water simply don't mix. And yeah, when they played Galatasaray last year, I wanted Galatasary to win. We have no quarel with GS.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Protathlitis

I cant say that I always do because thats a lie

what I dont like is when people say they support them no matter what and then say its a great day when they lose

I do want them to win certain games because I realise that apart from being the piece of s$#t it is, pao is Greek.

like against fener; I wanted pao to beat fener like it was my team playing. I dont think theres anything wrong with getting nationalistic feelings mixed up with club games

Taking the idea from Zachos I've opened this topic.

As a PAO fan I have no problem supporting any Greek club in Europe. Apart from one....Olympiakos!!!

Hatred is simply and underestimated emotion. I'd support anyone against them in whatever game. My heart simply refuses too and I can't be a hypocrite either. Blood and water simply don't mix. And yeah, when they played Galatasaray last year, I wanted Galatasary to win. We have no quarel with GS.

This topic will be a highly debated one

Look in my case i don't root for Pao in Europe but i don't root for them to lose

to me if they win it's good for Greece thats about it

just like any other Greek team playing in Europe

u see unlike Pao fans u seem to focus more on Olympiakos in Europe rather than their own club

i just only look into my team and that's about it

now wut u said about cheering for Galatasaray is straight up wrong

and u should be ashamed for yourself to stoop so low

i remember a few years ago Pao played a Turkish team and that was maybe the only time i wanted pao to win b/c the history of Olympiakos v Panathiniakos is nuttin compared to the history of Greece v Turkey

it pails in comparison

anywayz i really do hope we meet some day in Europe so Olympiakos can kick your asses and u guys will have nuttin to defend yourself against Olympiakos ever again

Evergreen, I have lived in Greece for 23 years and in Athens for 7 years and been to a few aionia Derbys.

I admit it would we tough to support Oly in any match, but I am talking about a final. I would not think about it. A Greek team in a European final? I would not care who it would be.

That cup would be something to remember for years. Try to see from the long run perspective. I feel emotional when my father tells me that the team of Pele once came in Europe, and only Oly among all European teams beat them...And he was listening to it live on the radio..Does it matter which Greek team it was?

it is some memories that have no colour. :rolleyes:

Evergreen, I have lived in Greece for 23 years and in Athens for 7 years and been to a few aionia Derbys.

I admit it would we tough to support Oly in any match, but I am talking about a final. I would not think about it. A Greek team in a European final? I would not care who it would be.

That cup would be something to remember for years. Try to see from the long run perspective. I feel emotional when my father tells me that the team of Pele once came in Europe, and only Oly among all European teams beat them...And he was listening to it live on the radio..Does it matter which Greek team it was?

it is some memories that have no colour. :rolleyes:

sorry to go off topic here

but wuts this about Pele's team coming to Europe and beating every European team but Olympiakos

i want some info on this

i never heard of this but again i am only 20

would like some info though??

i want some info on this

In the seventies santos toured Europe playing many friendly matches. From what I know they only lost to Olumpiakos. My father was describing me something like this from the radio transmission: "PELE has the ball stuck on his head and moves ahead, its incredible! But the amazing Poluhroniou (I think the same that was our national coach) steals it from him!!

True or exageration, that was it.

i want some info on this

In the seventies santos toured Europe playing many friendly matches. From what I know they only lost to Olumpiakos. My father was describing me something like this from the radio transmission: "PELE has the ball stuck on his head and moves ahead, its incredible! But the amazing Poluhroniou (I think the same that was our national coach) steals it from him!!

True or exageration, that was it.

that's great to hear

very proud of the club at that time

why do u have a feeling Pao fans will attack this

Perhaps I have a couple of things wrong. The game was probably in the 60's and Oly was the only team that did not lose to Santos. I think it was a tie.

But you should know more about your team because that game is refered to one of your gauro-songs! :D :D

I never ever supported Kolompiakos anywhere. Greece or Europe. Never wanted them to loose when playing in Europe, i just didn't care whether they win or not. But when you played Galata i was in Maldives. The locals there are muslims and as soon as they heard that i was from Greece they started shouting against Greece and Olympiakos. As soon as my friends told me about the result (via phone) let me tell you!!! I don't think i ever cheared for Panathinaikos as much as i did for Olympiakos that day. I even got a T-shirt printed with the score!

:LOL: :LOL:

But that's about it! I hope i will never have to do the same again!

I'd hate to get a little off topic, but........you have no quarell with GS ? is it simply because you played FB the fact you dont dislike GS as well? Im just curious, because it seems many gavroi feel the opposite, vice-versa on the deal and I cant understand why mere match pairings could create such tension. Or am I just ranting and simply too high at the moment ?

Getting back to the lovely thread created by my favorite moderator, I'll honestly support any Hellenic club abroad, and yes im afraid that includes you rather stinky vazelokotes.

Plus, European success for all GR clubs also contributes to the domestic league and I dont mean by the product on the pitch either, but by new rivlaries, prestige within, etc......

Bottom line, HELLAS Is represented so we should do our due ;)

Guest Protathlitis

werent we the only team to beat santos?

akoma mas thimountai i Santos k' o Pele.. hehe

r u serious you were in the maldives and so the muslims chanted against Osfp and Olympiakos?

they actually did that because galatasaray is muslim in the maldives? were you in a bar or something?

i used to support OSFP abroad but once i saw them being dicks in the olympics and heard them it brings me pleasure to see them disapointed...but i would support them vs Besiktas but not Fener or Galatasaray...

what i dont like is when people say you should support them because theyre greek etc etc but when they do get there ass kicked they jump in and make fun of them/joke about it......thats not really fair, u have to stick to one side or the other.

as for AEK, MPAOK, and everyother team i will fully support in europe. in fact i really like seeing AEK play in europe...

The game was in the early 60's (1962?) and Olympiakos won 2-1. The goals, I believe, were scored by Gavetzos and Poseidonas while Santos' goal was an og from centre-back Mimis Stefanakos.

Pele was guarded by Kostas Polychroniou who played him rather aggresively but did not break his leg.

I don't support the scumbag disgraces in Europe UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

When they played Gala I prayed Gala to win and was over the moon when they lost to one of the poorest Gala sides in years. It showed to whole world that Oly are such a disgrace. and it showed to whole Greece how Oly are not fit to defend Greek integrity in Europe and to lose t a Turkish side was even more proof of that.

I have explained before and I will explain again. Greek football does not need a disgraced useless club like Olympiakos to defend it in Europe. Greek football proved its worth last summer in Portugal.

The more goals Oly concede and lose by in Europe the better I sleep and the happier I feel. I was ecstatic when they lost to Liverpool. When Gerrard's goal went in I jumped and shouted so hard everyone thought I was mad.

PAO are the only and true Greek representation in Europe. Accept no MONKEY immitations... :P

I simply dont support PAO in europe because of the constant crying they do in the greek league. which gets them spots in europe.

I used to support all Greek teams in europe but Ive given up on OSFP cos theyve made us the laughing stock of Europe

Thanks OSFP for making Greek football a joke :1eye:

I support any team whether they are burnley (liverpool Killers) or any other team in europe and balkans that kick the gauvroi arse!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many moons ago, I did support them in europe, but when back in 90's where pao lost in Athens to Ajax, and the gays when celebrating in the streets. I lost respect to them forever.

Where to do hear of supporters going celebrating in the streets when one of their rival teams get knocked out in a major semi final, that could benefit the nation at whole.

You guys have no class, no reputation and will always be a shadow of Panathinaikos. You can fix games in greece and overturn disciplinary decisions, but in Europe you guys are no bodies................

You can have the fancy stadium in greece, but you are always gonna be known as loosers in europe............................

The more goals Oly concede and lose by in Europe the better I sleep and the happier I feel. I was ecstatic when they lost to Liverpool. When Gerrard's goal went in I jumped and shouted so hard everyone thought I was mad.

when u guys wre edown 4-0 to manu at the half u should have seen the celebrations I did i was hoping for more gaols but i was happy with 5

even happier when Rosenborg tied it 2-2!

Not to mention that we also had a very new team with many new players that hadn't played with each other and Greek league hadn't begun yet. So the 5-0 was not a big surprise.

Anyone who wants to celebrate at PAO losing, be my guest. If we celebrate at each other losing I will bet that I will have more to shout about than you :)

Not to mention that we also had a very new team with many new players that hadn't played with each other and Greek league hadn't begun yet. So the 5-0 was not a big surprise.

Anyone who wants to celebrate at PAO losing, be my guest. If we celebrate at each other losing I will bet that I will have more to shout about than you :)

blah blah blah

how come u dont use those excuses when u win early in the C.L?

Archived