Phantis Forums

PAO issues

trifilli

PAO 0 Auxerre 1

A shambolic PAO bowed out of Europe to a superior team Auxerre mainly because of the coaching incompetence of Yitzak Shum. PAO 's Europeam campaign this year can only be deemed as a FAIL.

:tup: :tup: :tup:

Scum vs Skasni:

Scum had PAO's worst ever European results.

PAO had one good game in Glasgow where Scum let the players free to play.

He took the team in the summer and had plenty of time to prepare.

Had less changes in the roster. Barely managed to win the double, mostly due to Manolis or Papa heroics, because everyone else was crap.

His major achievement, for which I am willing to give him credit, was the cup final 3-1 where he was helped by Alefantos' "coaching genius"

Pros: PAO did not lose any derby in Greece, last year, in cup or protathlima.

Cons: Zutaoutas :D shameful Euro performances :angry:

Scasni was brought in mid season, as a temporary, CHEAP, quick fix, when The Scum lost yet another game in Europe and was out of favor with Jaets...

PAO had three ties and a win, in Europe. At Arsenal should have been a win...

Scored 9 goals

PAO has been undergoing an overhaul, having lost key players, while others are not in last years form(PAPA, Manoli, Goumas, Gonzo...)

Osfp is much improved and so is AEK...

Scasni does not have Jaets to give him "advice".

Has only been at PAO for a few months.

Pros: Euro success, which is worth like 10 leagues or gauro derbies. :tup:

Cons: Lost to both gauro and AEK, PAO is an outsider for the protathlima at the moment...

Both of them are CRAP, but unless PAO has a fiasco with Sevilla, I vote for one-eyed Skasni, over blind Scum :P

Vardinokaulis and family:

It is quite evident that since "capetan Giorgos" was removed by Vardis from being the skipper of the PAO ship, things have been more businesslike.

Tzigger has neither the power nor the passion that George did.

He is not even in control, he is keeping himself busy with this "new toy" the family got him to play with, for the time being. PAO is a hobby to an otherwise "argosxolo" rich kid. They figure it is better to mess up there, than their real businesses ...

Money comes in, and... stays in. Everything is done according to the principles of maximizing profits while minimizing cost.

Paiania was found for that reason ONLY, to produce young cheap players that would be sold for profit. Another Vardinoyianni corporation, partially funded by PAO fans. Other business ventures include "tryfilli" shops, and the "new" stadium.

Who was the first one to black out home games from TV if not sold out?

Who is consistently the one signing TV deals last and getting the most

Who is "banning", fan clubs, away fans.

Who uses ticket club.

Who sells the best for $$$ to buy cheap and mediocre.

My friends, the ONLY reason PAO bans "away fans", is to protect the financial interest of the family. They separate and distance themselves from the problem to avoid monetary losses, either in form of empty stadiums, point losses, or $$$.

Did they make any effort all these years to help in the "exygiansh too Ellinikou podosfairou".

The away fan ban:

It is solely a governmental decision, teams cannot enforce or establish one.

To say that PAO has a ban is absurd. How can PAO restrict citizens or residents of Greece that are PAO fans to attend any game they want, it is ridiculous and unenforceable.

All that really says, is that PAO as a business separates themselves and does not take any responsibility or recognize those fans as being members of its entity.

Any fan can go to the away teams' counter and buy tickets. :whistle:

Same with the ID situation, it is protection against lo$$.

Regardless of the motives however, I do support the notion of punishing fans for their behaviour. I do think that an away fan ban as imposed by EPO is a temporary fix in this madness. It does NOT preclude fans from attending the game, just "organized" fans from having a whole "exedra"

Until the animals learn to behave, they have to be separated :nono:

Vardinokaulis VS Giannakopoulos. :blink:

It is even an insult to put these names in the same level.

This would be more appropriate:

GIANNAKOPOULOS :nw:

vs vardinokaulis :LOL:

THREE TIME EUROPEAN CHAMPION. :nw: PANATHINAIKOS B.C.

THREE TIME FINAL FOUR, PANATHNAIKOS B.C. :gr:

Dominique Wilkins was paid 7 million dollars by PAO. Vrakovic was on 2 million, Galis was on 2 million, Komazec was on 1 million, Alvertis and Ecomonou were on 50-60 mil when they were teenagers and then too signed for 1 million + contracts, so was Yannakis, so was Fanis, Dino Radja was on 3 million a year over 2 seasons, Bodiroga was on 2 million, Kutluay was on 1,5 , Byron Scott was on 1,5, Rebaca the same etetc Even Hupmann who waived the towel was on 500K!!!

:tup:

We know where the money went!!!

What else do you want to compare, passion and love for the team, character, personality?

PAULOS and Thanassis will come on top by far!

PEACE

lets not compare Shum and Skazny- the teams problems are elsewhere like u state. both are past (Skazny will be soon) managers and thats it...

yes he had a bad run in CL- but he also had injuries, the team was recovering and rebuilding, he also didnt have an Eki Gonzalez, a healthy Manolis, no Michaelsen.......he didnt really get a fair chance in europe- i think we could have done the same thing and probably beaten Rosenborg under him- there is no way to tell- the circumstances between then and now are so different, i beleived we could have made it with him despite the horrible PSV game. domestically soum is 500% superior. we didnt lose one derby with him. and we played NINE...Soum didnt fear anyteams domestically, thats why we were one game from an undefeated season last year.

PAO 0 Auxerre 1

A shambolic PAO bowed out of Europe to a superior team Auxerre mainly because of the coaching incompetence of Yitzak Shum. PAO 's Europeam campaign this year can only be deemed as a FAIL.

I had written that mini report after the game. After a while when I gave it thought and I asked myself why could Shum not see what I could a massive whole infront of the central defenders where you get the feeling that something bad is going to come from it. I think that Shum was told to throw the ties vs Auxerre. It was also evident when Auxerre were down to 10 men in the 60th min and Shum did not go for the game but only threw in Konstantinou in the last 5-6 mins. We played pretty much the whole game with only Pap. up front.

Thye threw it because they wanted the league title badly and an extra 2 games could have cost us in injuries and fatigue.

honestly...i know the team is in shambles but a fan supports the team he/she loves in the best times and the worst.....we may not support and have faith in our coach and management, but at least support our club...i have faith that we will turn it around sometime and im not gunna get all pessismistic and hate my club cause we are currently in a poor state....come on guys, have alittle faith and support even though things are currently shitty...

Pao = Sell Outs.....

his talking about the owners not about us Pao fans

The V's are trying to milk Pao all they are worth and not reinvesting it back in

Sure we made some ok transfers but the coach is one of the most important ingredients to the team

I say we boycott anything that gives V $$$ dont buy it that way they will hurt

BTW are there any developments in Greece have the Pao fans protested outside Leoforo?

Egged V's cars?

Its time for action i say or face to become like OSFP - a small team and joke of Europe

his talking about the owners not about us Pao fans

Why was it only XXX understood what i ment???

of course i meant pao as a club, wake up to ur selves who thought i ment the fans :unsure:

P.S jst incase u guys r idiots, sell out is directed to the way pao sells its best players...

PAO 0 Auxerre 1

I had written that mini report after the game. After a while when I gave it thought and I asked myself why could Shum not see what I could a massive whole infront of the central defenders where you get the feeling that something bad is going to come from it. I think that Shum was told to throw the ties vs Auxerre. It was also evident when Auxerre were down to 10 men in the 60th min and Shum did not go for the game but only threw in Konstantinou in the last 5-6 mins. We played pretty much the whole game with only Pap. up front.

Thye threw it because they wanted the league title badly and an extra 2 games could have cost us in injuries and fatigue.

im fine for trading an uefa cup advance for a double after so long......there was no way we would have won that year anyways Valencia was unstopable.

P.S jst incase u guys r idiots, sell out is directed to the way pao sells its best players...

Bc its better to wait till the players contracts run out and we lose them for free to clubs who can offer wages double what we can offer!

Tzigger comment on Nikopolidi-melos was great!!! I have been saying that for the past year!!!! He said it exactly as it is.... In other words, when Adonaki was with us he was a serious person under serious management... Now he went to the karagiozhdes and became one himself!!! It is very clear to every logical fan!!!!

Where are we going as a club. What happened to our youth policy!

Whens the last time we saw a younster get a chance in first team!

Why did we sell kyriako in the middle of the season (crucial time where we are still in hunt for UEFA,Greek Cup and Protathlima)

This club has no clear direction of a future as far as I am concerned. We have a coach who cannot get a team together and is complaning he has too many players in squad.

Yet he opts for new players instead of looking thru his youth academy. How are we suppose to maintain our reputation with all the rejects we bought. I am sure there are youngster in the academy that would put their heart and soul to wear green jersey.

Yet we look for the simple solution, by looking for cheap players and throwing them in the first team without earning their spot in starting line-up.

Now we here that the team is low in morale or zero in morale. Whos fault is this?

The club needs a coach who has clear direction for the future and not a short term policy of trying to keep his job. Do you think skansi is concerned with Pao maintaining the double or trying to save himself from sack.

Then we have tzigger comming out and saying, we can't continue changing coaches every few months. Well excuse me m#$%!, get a coach that has experience and clear direction instead or getting some reject because your budget is limited.

Whats happened from the money they got from seitaridis and kyriakos What 7 million euro and how much did they spend on transfers. I reckon not even half a million euros!

Pao needs new owners with new ideas and not cheap solutions!

As i said many times the problem are THE OWNERS. These owners give money to the newspaper article writers to keep panathinaikos fans as calm as possible. That's why it's always the fault of the coach, the players the fans but never,NEVER,N E V E R the owner's. For this reason i write a letter to ATHLITIKI IXW complaining about their SUPERFRIENDLY stance towars the owner's. This is how it goes but i Don't expect it becomes more than toilet paper.

:nono: DO YOU REALLY THING GIANAKOPOULOS MONEY WILL BRING US BETTER RESULTS??? :LOL:

I THING THAT EVERY PAO FUN WHO THINK GIANAKOPOULOS MONEY CAN BE COMPARED TO THE MONEY THAT MONSTER TEAMS IN EUROPE GIVE IN THE CHAPIONS LEAGUE YOU ARE DREAMING :la:

THE THING THAT MATERS IS NOT THE MONEY BUT THE SCOUTING AND THE EFFECTIVE USE OF YOU YOUNGSTERS IN THE TEAM.

AND PLEASE DO STOP ON THE BRAGING ABOUT WHO HAS THE MORE TITLES IN GREECE. ONE TIME YOU SAY OLYMPIAKOS DIDN'T DISERVE THEM TITLES HE WON AND THE OTHER YOU KEEP USING THEM AS AGAINST OUR TEAMS PRESIDENT B)

ALL WE NEED IS A GOOD TEAM IN EUROPE

AND WHO KNOWS WE COOLD HAVE WON THE UEFA CUP 2 YEARS AGO :angry:

DO YOU REMEBERHOW PORTO WON IN ATHENS BECAUSE BASINAS WAS INJURED AND MARKARIAN REPLACED HIM WITH KONSTDINIDI ? :tdown:

montoya:

NO. G's money can not be compared to the rest of Europe because this is Greek standards and we work on lower budgets in Greece.

What G would bring is a different mentality and would put his love for PAO above financial gains. He has proven this the way he runs the basketball club. He makes less money from the KAE than he spends and I am sure he would do the same with PAE which would bring him more money than the KAE. He would also keep our best players and pay them decent wages to stay.

Anyway this is a tired argument and we will never know as V won't be selling.

Archived