Phantis Forums

Liverpool v Olympiakos

NYC_Olympiakos

Truly anything can happen in football, but this is really gonna put a dent in Greek football...as with the coeifficant rankings making it tougher for us to get 2-3 teams in the CL. Respect also takes a hit with a defeat like this...ugghh let's see what the UEFA Cup brings us. Nothing against Liverpool, but we clearly could've and should've won this game.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Protathlitis

Unfukinbeleiveable 5 liverpool players should have been sent off. Gerard should have been off for a disgusting tackle. Extremeley dissapointing.

Looks like next year agian for CL. 10 points wasnt enough while a team like porto can go through with 8.

oh well. THYLE SE AGAPO and YOULL never walk alone. You could hear the OSFP fans singing until the end.

Big time choke by Olympiakos!

I can't believe they played sooooooo defensively. Way to much respect for a Liverpool team that frankly is not that good this year. it's a shame for Greek soccer that neither team made it through the next stage.

There's always UEFA, but nothing like CL. Didn't Porto win UEFA and the CL the next year?

Would be nice to see Olympiakos and PAO play against each other in UEFA. The we could se for sure that Olympiakos is the better team this year! ;)

You guys lost the proklisi because of bajevics great tactics. You don't sit back and hope to counterattack because you fluked a goal.

Liverpool were down and out after the first half, they needed a miracle to get into the game and you gave them that opportunity.

What the hell of giovani doing in the game? Was he a spectator, he might have been taken a seat in the stadium because he was no good for you guys tonight.

Bajevic maybe good for greece but he is outdated for european soccer. It showed tonight. Liverpool is a team of dead beats and you made them look good tonight.

Apart form grand pa rivaldos goal, what else did you guys do.

You need a better coach with better players. This is part of your learning process in champions league.

Good luck next year!!!!!!!

It shows that Greek teams are not far from joining the big clubs in europe,,,,, BUT, the next couple steps are not easy.... We need a better mentaility and coaches who understand how to play in europe....

Bajevits is not one of them.... sorry.

Let's not be snobbish about the UEFA since no greek team has won it yet.... Good Luck.

Obviously I'm not an OLY fan, but I want all Greek teams to do well in Europe.... (eventhough we'd never hear the end of it had you managed to go through...) You guys choked today. Bajevits is the 1 goal conservative coach, who also wants to prove his hiring was not a mistake... .but when you're afraid, you lose.

And as a PAO fan, I can say that we didn't deserve to go through either, since we blew it when we had the chance(s).....

I love English football but I don't like the attitude of their teams towards the greek teams...we should start teaching them lessons...

You guys lost the proklisi because of bajevics great tactics. You don't sit back and hope to counterattack because you fluked a goal.

Liverpool were down and out after the first half, they needed a miracle to get into the game and you gave them that opportunity.

What the hell of giovani doing in the game? Was he a spectator, he might have been taken a seat in the stadium because he was no good for you guys tonight.

Bajevic maybe good for greece but he is outdated for european soccer. It showed tonight. Liverpool is a team of dead beats and you made them look good tonight.

Apart form grand pa rivaldos goal, what else did you guys do.

You need a better coach with better players. This is part of your learning process in champions league.

Good luck next year!!!!!!!

You're totally wrong. Bajevic's tactic was perfect but Giovanni and Georgiadis made total bullshit!!!

I think Okkas should have played this game. We had a lot of opportunities on counter attack and we should have scored one or two more goals to secure the qualification.

But we are not eliminated on tonight's game... we should have won the 1st leg against Liverpool 3-0 or 4-0...!

This year was the last year for the team to make something good in CL. Next year a lot of players will be too old. It's gonna be hard to build a new team with good young players, because we don't have many.

I think Liverpool deserved their qualification, but we should have more points than Monaco. It's pathetic to see all these teams which didn't play seriously their last game and let their opponents take three points easily (La Coruna, Roma, Chelsea, Barca, Rosenborg, MU). Their should be sanctions for these clubs. Competition's not fair and results in elimination of CL for both greek teams this year

End of the day Liverpool aren't the great team of the past. They will get knock out in the next round, make no mistake about it.

What makes it worst, you guys made them look good.

Look for better players and a new coach!!!!!!!!!!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..................................MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..................................MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..................................

FANF***INGTASTIC.............. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

WHEN LIVERPOOL SCORED I JUMPED SO HIGH YOU WOULD THINK I AM ACTUALLY A SCOUSER :P I LOST MY VOICE SHOUTING FOR LIVERPOOL.

THE BEST IMAGE OF THE NIGHT WAS THE FACES OF OLY FANS IN THE CROWD...KOLOMALAKES

EVENTHOUGH THEY HAD THE REFEREEING DECISIONS THEY STILL LOST.....

thrillosmtl:

Where is your big mouth now? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hi everybody,

I feel sorry for the Oly fans :angry: It's incredible but I think Olympiakos deserved to be on next round. At least, they are going to play Uefa, even if it's not the champions and nobody cares about Uefa. Sincerely, Liverpool needed 3 goals and scored 3 goals :o. I saw Deportivo's game and this team is a JOKE.

I hope best of luck to Oly and panathinaikos fans for the UEfa cup.

Big time choke by Olympiakos!

I can't believe they played sooooooo defensively. Way to much respect for a Liverpool team that frankly is not that good this year. it's a shame for Greek soccer that neither team made it through the next stage.

There's always UEFA, but nothing like CL. Didn't Porto win UEFA and the CL the next year?

Would be nice to see Olympiakos and PAO play against each other in UEFA. The we could se for sure that Olympiakos is the better team this year! ;)

you must have not seen the game not that good this year?!??!?!......tough loss guys, i dont want to rub anything in, you guys were behaved for the derby, i will do the same here........but lets be honest for a minute.......Olympiakos had no chance against this team, they are just at a whole other level.

Liverpool was absoltly incredible. OSFP will never beat Liverpool when they are playing like that. I dont think there is a team that can. They were everywhere, incredibly fast and dangerous. That was one of the best games i have ever seen, and Liverpool put on a fantastic display. There was no beating them, they were determined from as soon as the whistle started, and went right at them. They were really unlucky not to have more than 3, tons of opportunities for liver, Pantos lucky not to get a second yellow and Giovannis handball in the box......and agreat atmosphere inside, you cant say there not a great team this year after that, and well done to OSFP for fighting, and countering in the middle/end of first half....if you put last years team in this game it would have been another 7-0.......

As for Rivaldo.......well, amazingly enough, i think i am right and wrong about him.....he played a great first half, showing to me at he still has a lot of talent in him and is a great player afterall

but.....second half he matched what i thought of him before...useless. he was absolutley nothing...

as for Giovanni......absolutley terrible. useless, and a cheater too.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..................................MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..................................MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..................................

FANF***INGTASTIC.............. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

WHEN LIVERPOOL SCORED I JUMPED SO HIGH YOU WOULD THINK I AM ACTUALLY A SCOUSER :P I LOST MY VOICE SHOUTING FOR LIVERPOOL.

THE BEST IMAGE OF THE NIGHT WAS THE FACES OF OLY FANS IN THE CROWD...KOLOMALAKES

EVENTHOUGH THEY HAD THE REFEREEING DECISIONS THEY STILL LOST.....

thrillosmtl:

Where is your big mouth now? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

come on man im happy too, but lets not get them started....they are very sad, and didnt do anything over the derby.....

i agree 100% about the ref though. he was not fair at all for liverpool for much of the match.

The problem is that you have people like dragonfly who come into our forum and crap on and rubbish us.

Where is he now!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in this forum not to make rubbish of you guys , I am here to talk in debate of the positive and negative aspects of your teams downfall.

A team that leads its group, cannot end up not qualifying into the next round on the last day. People are at fault here.

Especially against a team that really hasn't got credentials to carry on. Liverpool might have the name, but they hadn't got the players to compete at this level.

It seems that the players didn't have the beleive that they could qualify into the next round. If there is no beleive, then there is no hope.

No hope No future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this was just unbelievable. i dont know what to think now. 10 points and "just" uefa. i will be dreaming about this for quite a long time.

it looked right from the beginning that liverpool will be doing everything to get the result they need. giovanni was just horrible today and i knew just from the beginning when i saw resic coming in that it wont have a good end for us. as soon as he entered our defense was somehow mixed up. liverpools left side could do what they wanted. there are not enough words to describe the horror that went on today.

lets hope that some team from san marino or malta manages it to get to the next round of the uefa. maybe we will have a chance to get through to the next round then, cause without anatolakis and schürrer our defense will be wide open.

It shows that Greek teams are not far from joining the big clubs in europe,,,,, BUT, the next couple steps are not easy....

i agree with you and i wonder if greek teams will ever manage it to make these steps.

its a pitty that none of our teams advanced to the next round. lets hope both will do better in the uefa. we need all the points to keep the two spots for the cl. if we loose these i dont think we will be able to get greek football on a higher level.

today the biggest difference between osfp and liverpool was that they would do everything possible to achieve their target and we were just hoping they wouldnt manage to do it. if we dont change our attitude and play till death the gap between greek and european to clubs will never close.

In honestly do you really think liverpool can go all the way because they defeated Olympiakos tonight.

Olympiakos gave up, like we did many years ago in anfield. If Pao had the 1 goal lead, there is no way they would have surrendered that lead today.

Because they have learnt their mistakes in the past and thats what olympiakos is going thru. Its called the learning process.

Players must beleive in their ability, todays squad lost that belief. Do you think I like to see liverpool win today.

these poms do not respect greek soccer and to be honest I didn't want them to win.

These poms must be laughing at us because todays result was a joke. As they like to say in the press a greek tragedy.

Because they cannot handle greece winning euro this year!!!!!!!!!!!

In honestly do you really think liverpool can go all the way because they defeated Olympiakos tonight.

Olympiakos gave up, like we did many years ago in anfield. If Pao had the 1 goal lead, there is no way they would have surrendered that lead today.

Because they have learnt their mistakes in the past and thats what olympiakos is going thru. Its called the learning process.

Players must beleive in their ability, todays squad lost that belief. Do you think I like to see liverpool win today.

these poms do not respect greek soccer and to be honest I didn't want them to win.

These poms must be laughing at us because todays result was a joke. As they like to say in the press a greek tragedy.

Because they cannot handle greece winning euro this year!!!!!!!!!!!

hate england all you want. not all of them hate greece. and you must have not seen the game.

Liverpool were fantastic tonight. Not much else to say. even if they hit the bar all night and it ended 1-1 i would say the same. not a joke if OSFP arent at that level, they just arent. Baros, Kewell, Hyppia, Sanama was unstoppable, Gerrard, Xavi Alonso, Riiise.....these are simply fantastic players. Theres no arguing that.

Oh my oh my..I didnt see the match but lurked on uefa live..I was in shock to see the final score. :huh: :o

Pity. I'm feeling sorry for y'all reds. Too bad it ended like this. Well I cannot imagine how the OLY fans are feeling right now. Totally pissed! :tdown:

Too bad. Would have been cool to see at least a greek team go through and try something. s%$#!, are the gavroi cursed not to win away...Wow...

However give credit to Liverpool for winning. Seems the reds defense caved in.

Obviously it's tough holding only on a 1 goal lead at Liver with all this at stake.

I'm sure there's a huge red rumble in the streets of athens right now!!!

this was just unbelievable. i dont know what to think now. 10 points and "just" uefa. i will be dreaming about this for quite a long time.

it looked right from the beginning that liverpool will be doing everything to get the result they need. giovanni was just horrible today and i knew just from the beginning when i saw resic coming in that it wont have a good end for us. as soon as he entered our defense was somehow mixed up. liverpools left side could do what they wanted. there are not enough words to describe the horror that went on today.

lets hope that some team from san marino or malta manages it to get to the next round of the uefa. maybe we will have a chance to get through to the next round then, cause without anatolakis and schürrer our defense will be wide open.

i agree with you and i wonder if greek teams will ever manage it to make these steps.

its a pitty that none of our teams advanced to the next round. lets hope both will do better in the uefa. we need all the points to keep the two spots for the cl. if we loose these i dont think we will be able to get greek football on a higher level.

today the biggest difference between osfp and liverpool was that they would do everything possible to achieve their target and we were just hoping they wouldnt manage to do it. if we dont change our attitude and play till death the gap between greek and european to clubs will never close.

yeah 2 games and out :nw: :nw:

dragonfly has changed his christmass wishes now he is begging for a new couch :LOL: :LOL:

the defence will suck in the first uefa match and it will cost you bigtime :whistle:

and what do u mean pao have progressed 3 times what next step?

maybe for u but not for us

anyway next year a string of your players are simply too old they will have to retire one day! now is the time

Bring us liverpool anyday because we have a score to settle with them and we will sort them out, as we did against PSV and Arsenal.

Our only downfall was our plight in norway and we expect responsibility for it.

Olympiakos fault tonight is lack of experience.

get rid of the old players and bring young players that have heart and ambition.

Archived