Phantis Forums

Liverpool v Olympiakos

NYC_Olympiakos

well I must admit I was wrong today kinbd of like u guys are when it comes to rivaldo

only to me it happened only once not everyday like u guys

now yes this was a collapse im still i shock but we will move on like we did  after the 7-0

now as for all u  OSFP haters.. we still had a better campaign then u.we had 3 wins vs your 2 and im so happy arsenal prevented u guys from winning they proved u dont even beliong in the same league as them!

there are no excuses man. Liverpool outplayed you all the second half....and they got no help from the ref, Pantos should have been sent off.

As for Rivaldo......it was a clear foul, come on now. Rivaldo was the best player for OSFP first half... he even went back on defense!!!! second half...trixes

we can argue about who had the better campaign.... i am going to say PAO, you will say OSFP........

OSFP had better defense, won one more game

PAO better offense and lost only once

it can go either way, so lets just accept that. Its balanced.

Listen Pantos should not been send off but if he was then so should have been steven Gerrard for his vicious kick

look the ref didn't cost us the game i said that earlier but the ref did a bad job in not awarding cards to liverpool players u have got to agree with me on that

Olympiakos only have themselves to look at and blame

anywayz i hope to see u guys in uefa

!? that was not a vicios kick man, he was going to flick the ball past OSFP, this happened a lot that night, most times it was succesful. Gerrard isnt the type of player that would do that viciously anyways...

Pantos had a yellow card in the first half. He then in the second half took down kewell from behind right outside the box. That should have been his second. Later on he made another bad foul that could have got him his second.

The ref didnt cost you the game, thats for damn sure. That guy helped you too many times for it to be costing you. I dont want to start and blame refs whatever, but there were many instances for OSFP to be saved, and very few for Liver.

The only way we can meet in Uefa is in the semis or final...you guys dream it to be a final because you know that one game in karaiskaki uefa will have you banned from having fans in europe all the next 10 years! :LOL:

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To thrillosmtl:

Do u remember when you ran your mouth about how oly were better then pao in europe and u keept saying childish words like these "hows UEFA down there" or "say hello to Aek for us" or "how many good teams did u beat in CL" or "Face it oly r gonna go through to the last 16 while pao cant" <<------- do u remember that?? and my responce was, "dont count ur chickens yet" or "it aint over untill the fat lady sings" or "dont brag coz if u get knocked down to UEFA ur gonna look like an idiot"??

My friend i wanred u, now u look like an idiot, but what makes it worse is that u cnt face it like a man that u were "wrong" and "stupid" for what u did that u create other stupid childish comments that provoke fight e.g "ohhh well i waas wrong just like u guys were wrong about rivaldo" or "we still did better in CL"

Mate face it both team were very un lucky not to make it, (9 and 10 points) which shows that both groups were tough, i mean look at it this way

oly won 3 games, drew 1, lost 2 to make a total of 10 points, scored only 5 goals..

pao won 2 games, drew 3, lost 1 to make it a total of 9 point plus scored 11 goals!!

To me thats dead even and thats why UEFA gave oly 11.705 to both pao and oly in UEFA Team Ranking 2005..

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/d.../trank2005.html

so i jst want to tell you i told you so :P

laugh all u want but dont forget u guys havent advanced to the final 16 in the C.l since 2001 and we all know that the great PAO that everuyone knows and talks about from north america to europe down under and so on. should be playing better then this!!

the top 20 team in the world to get only a uefa spot like us hmmm there must be somethign wrong with that

PS: IF WE MEET IN THE UEFA.,.. have some dignity and stick to soccer related excuse!! when u lose!!

Tough way to exit the group but the football Gods weren't smiling on Oly today. That's just the way it goes.

Good luck in UEFA.

does the football gods ever smile on Olympiakos in uefa play ??

this is the most painful day to be an Olympiakos fan period

the most since i have existed thats for sure

To thrillosmtl:

Do u remember when you ran your mouth about how oly were better then pao in europe and u keept saying childish words like these "hows UEFA down there" or "say hello to Aek for us" or "how many good teams did u beat in CL" or "Face it oly r gonna go through to the last 16 while pao cant" <<------- do u remember that?? and my responce was, "dont count ur chickens yet" or "it aint over untill the fat lady sings" or "dont brag coz if u get knocked down to UEFA ur gonna look like an idiot"??

My friend i wanred u, now u look like an idiot, but what makes it worse is that u cnt face it like a man that u were "wrong" and "stupid" for what u did that u create other stupid childish comments that provoke fight e.g "ohhh well i waas wrong just like u guys were wrong about rivaldo" or "we still did better in CL"

Mate face it both team were very un lucky not to make it, (9 and 10 points) which shows that both groups were tough, i mean look at it this way

oly won 3 games, drew 1, lost 2 to make a total of 10 points, scored only 5 goals..

pao won 2 games, drew 3, lost 1 to make it a total of 9 point plus scored 11 goals!!

To me thats dead even and thats why UEFA gave oly 11.705 to both pao and oly in UEFA Team Ranking 2005..

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/d.../trank2005.html

so i jst want to tell you i told you so :P

wrong my friend

go to page 8 and read how i wroite i was wrong forgive me for getting excited

im sure u would have done the same thing

i may be an idiot 2 u but trust me the stuff u guys write in here arent any better and less immature

start with yioaniots comments then panos 13 and so on!

and as for the kapane joke.. u guys sat in it 7 years while we won the consolation prize of the greek league while u cried at home !!

I saw the game live on SBS in Sydney, Australia. I thought Rivaldo was fantastic in the first half (although he did become selfish on at least one accassion when Olympiakos had a break and there were better options than shooting from distance). Olympiakos played quite well in that half although once again they started very nervously. The second half was a disaster for a number of reasons. Firstly, can someone explain to me why a certain centre forward played as a spectator for almost the entire game? Giovanni is too slow against an English team and Okkas should have come on much earlier. Secondly, I am afraid that Georgiadis and Kafes showed almost nothing and were at times excruciatingly slow. Thirdly, and I have to say that I am a Bajevic admirer (ever since he played for AEK), why did he put on two defenders in the second half when his avowed policy before the game was to attack? Unlike some other supporters, I wanted Olympoiakos to win for the sake of Greece and Greek football. We should not kid ourselves. Liverpool is not that great ... they were made to look great by a team that ran out of ideas in the second half. Like it or not, Panathinaikos is the only team from Greece which consistently performs well on the European stage in the Champions League. Olympiakos has an "inferiority complex" when it plays away from home. It showed in the second half today, I am afraid.

and trust me... if u htink im trying to provoke a fight youre wrong on that one

im just stating some facts i dont use vulgar language like yianiotis and dragonfly

but if u think my loss today im trying to throw it onto PAOS failures... u guys in here do the exact same thing over and over !!!

prime exampole: u lose 5-0 but its fine cause we lost 7-0

hollowyood i havve some respect for u in here because u have helped me out but pass on your lecttures to your fellow fans in here who have cannt come up with anything constructive to say !! or more mature

Like I gjave said all along...u guys cant take any trashing in here .dont make my put u on my list !!

Like it or not, Panathinaikos is the only team from Greece which consistently performs well on the European stage in the Champions League. Olympiakos has an "inferiority complex" when it plays away from home. It showed in the second half today, I am afraid.

Well said :huh?:

plus when was the last time u advanced in the last 16?? this is jst pay back for your question "who was the last good team u guys beat in the last 2 years" PSV 4-1 :P

PSV?

they didnt even try and play yesterday because they had already advanced and 2001-2002 was the last time u guys advanced to the 16

if u think that this was truly a big team that showed up then our 1-0 vs monaco and liverpool rae even better!!

2002-2003 uefa NO. C.L

2003-2004;; uefa spot

2004-2005 uefa spot!!

and trust me... if u htink im trying to provoke a fight youre wrong on that one

im just stating some facts i dont use vulgar language like yianiotis and dragonfly

but if u think my loss today im trying to throw it onto PAOS failures... u guys in here do the exact same thing over and over !!!

prime exampole: u lose 5-0 but its fine cause we lost 7-0

hollowyood i havve some respect for u in here because u have helped me out but pass on your lecttures to your fellow fans in here who have cannt come up with anything constructive to say !! or more mature

Like I gjave said all along...u guys cant take any trashing in here .dont make my put u on my list !!

only reason why i picked on you when i stated "dnt count ur chickens yet" was b4 the loss to liverpool ur cockyness was driving me up the wall and now that i was right i feel like i need to tell u "i told u so na na na na :P"

Relax

PSV?

they didnt even try and play yesterday because they had already advanced and 2001-2002 was the last time u guys advanced to the 16

if u think that this was truly a big team that showed up then our 1-0 vs monaco and liverpool rae even better!!

2002-2003 uefa NO. C.L

2003-2004;; uefa spot

2004-2005 uefa spot!!

They did not try? Perhaps I am wrong but I think it is you guys who claim for the last 100 years that you beat Yuve home....Did they try then? After an 1-3 abroad?

Please try to be fair. PSV had the incentive to to be first for a better next round draw...Yuve had nothing. :nono:

I agree that Liverpool is better.

Guest Protathlitis

All you fegs are over the moon for some fuked up reason. no greek team has made it through in 3 years.

Football eh. Gerard should have been sent off and that would have been the end of his liverpool career, now hes scored one of the most important european games in their history.

Id take oly's campaign over pao's any day.

this is the cruelest result in sport ive ever seen. Looks like we have to play in the same competition as you fegs now. God i wanna play yous now.

THRYLE:

YOULL never walk alone.

You know what makes this easier to take? The fact that when hellas won the european crown i said to myself: It dosent matter how unlucky OSFP and PAO are in CL cos this es happened.

THRYLE SE AGAPO jeez you were unlucky today. the amount of things that had to happen. We should have scored 4 times in athens against those scousers now look.

hey panathinaike you spend all day thinking about OLY: your a fukin sad c***

The fact is to all you gauvroi out there, you have only qualified once thru to the next stage of a champions league. That is fact that you cannot deny!

So don't try to compare yourselfs with us because you haven't got european pegidree.

So get over it and ante gia!!!!!!!!!!

The funny thing is that when SBS (Australian TV Channel) televises a soccer match with a greek team, it always end in disaster. Beleive it or not!!!!!

I saw the game live on SBS in Sydney, Australia. I thought Rivaldo was fantastic in the first half (although he did become selfish on at least one accassion when Olympiakos had a break and there were better options than shooting from distance). Olympiakos played quite well in that half although once again they started very nervously. The second half was a disaster for a number of reasons. Firstly, can someone explain to me why a certain centre forward played as a spectator for almost the entire game? Giovanni is too slow against an English team and Okkas should have come on much earlier. Secondly, I am afraid that Georgiadis and Kafes showed almost nothing and were at times excruciatingly slow. Thirdly, and I have to say that I am a Bajevic admirer (ever since he played for AEK), why did he put on two defenders in the second half when his avowed policy before the game was to attack? Unlike some other supporters, I wanted Olympoiakos to win for the sake of Greece and Greek football. We should not kid ourselves. Liverpool is not that great ... they were made to look great by a team that ran out of ideas in the second half. Like it or not, Panathinaikos is the only team from Greece which consistently performs well on the European stage in the Champions League. Olympiakos has an "inferiority complex" when it plays away from home. It showed in the second half today, I am afraid.

on the issue of the break chance Olympiakos hadd

i believe Giovanni had the ball in the middle rivaldo on the left, Georgadis on the right

Gio should have actually given it to Georgadis but Georgadis was just losing possession with ease

Rivaldo should have probably have tried to make a move but maybe was to tired i didn't mind the shot

Kafes was not as bad as u say it was but where was stoltidis today

he was so non existent

but i do agree with u on the fact about bajevic substitutions

i mean for starters they were very late he sure took his sweet time.

and look the defense was dealing with constant pressure i mean Liverpool just had possession in the 2nd half at least 90% of the time

the changes should have been for midfielders to reestablish control castillo should have came in for gio, okkas for Georgadis, and maric for kafes or stoltidis

castillo would have at least been fast enough to get all over the pitch and go for counter attacks

bajevic was just being stupid

he embarrassed Olympiakos and Greece and the players did as well there not off the hook

Archived