Phantis Forums

Liverpool v Olympiakos

NYC_Olympiakos

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday's game proved to me once again that Greek clubs don't have what it takes to win an actual European trophy. We're still far away from accomplishing such a feat. In my eyes it is useless bragging that "my team won more European games than yours" or "we reached the quarterfinals 3 times and you only once", when the main point should on how to improve in order to reach the final of the CL or UEFA Cup and actually win the damn thing.

I for one don't hate any Greek teams. I just want my team to beat them any chance they get. In Europe I root for all Greek teams, because in the end it helps all the Greek teams (mine included) and Greek soccer in general.

For this reason I am dissapointed that PAO and OSFP did not qualify to the next stage of CL. I only wish both clubs good luck in UEFA Cup.

As I have stated before, I agree totally with Ziaka.

I can't understand why "hardcore" fans of any greek team cannot support each other at least in europe, and leave the dirty rivalries within the domestic border.

I can't totally comprehend it since I never lived in greece and haven't been part of the football trella over there.

I just wonder what do you gain from hating and bitching at each other. Same old things, blah blah blah..it's interesting to read but at some point it's useless. If the whole greek football system isnt cleaned properly, then this will go on and on forever.

I hope I'm wrong but I guess this hatred and bickering will never end. I would think with GR's triumph at euro 04, greek soccer mentality would slowly change but I guess some are too "extreme". Euro 04 was just a "high" moment.

I watched the game last night at midnight on tape delay till 2am even though I had to wake up at 6am.

Too bad, Oly seemed to rely only on Rivs. Giovanni and the rest of the offense where nowhere to make a mark. The D was way overworked. You can just sense that with all that pressure, Liver would win eventually. They amazed me with their very good ball control, quick passing, and how fast they moved out of their end. Gerrard's goal no doubt about it..Incredible.

As for OLY, obviously a very difficult defeat to accept. Time heals. Hopefully the gavroi build from their mistakes.

simple in this forum at least the hard core pao fans care more about what OSFP does to make stupid immature remarks same as us OSFP fans

we have too much hatred for each other to look at the whole picture!!

so we accuse each other of m*****es and dont bother with supporting greek teams!

and the fact PAO fans in here out # us and we write things back and the go crying to moderatros and vice versa

childish immature m*****es have completely ruined this place and were all to blame!

Well if PAO or OLY fans are making rude comments then it's up to the moderators to handle things.

I don't think we're all to blame like you say. There's different attitudes.

This forum isn't ruined so far even though some guys are maybe overdoing it.

I noticed there a few Oly and PAO fans that fight with each other in a bad or funny way. If we all start taking things personally then it could really worsen.

the same way it felt for u in the 7 years

only we did not blame the refs all those years we just sucked !!!

Thats because when you weren't winning for 10 years Pao won some leagues, AEK won some leagues, Larisa won a league. It was a fair competition. It wasn't Kokkalis doing whatever he had to do to keep Oly on top, whether it be through EPO or on the field with Referee's.
u obviously don't have any knowledge of history

u are right larissa won it in 88 then pao then aek went i believe 4 out of 5 then pao

the reason Olympiakos didn't win this is b/c there president stole all the money from the club

olympiakos couldn't play with the strenght they have now and thats cash

i mean u act like Pao is such a small club like a team from say ergotelis

Pao as money they have a billionaire owner too like ours

i mean were both playing on the same playing field

this is exactly like the yankees and redsox

the yankees spend more and win the redsox bitch cause its not fair and both big market teams

if any teams should complain its the smaller base teams

stop hating and stop bitching

Yesterday's game proved to me once again that Greek clubs don't have what it takes to win an actual European trophy. We're still far away from accomplishing such a feat. In my eyes it is useless bragging that "my team won more European games than yours" or "we reached the quarterfinals 3 times and you only once", when the main point should on how to improve in order to reach the final of the CL or UEFA Cup and actually win the damn thing.

I for one don't hate any Greek teams. I just want my team to beat them any chance they get. In Europe I root for all Greek teams, because in the end it helps all the Greek teams (mine included) and Greek soccer in general.

For this reason I am dissapointed that PAO and OSFP did not qualify to the next stage of CL. I only wish both clubs good luck in UEFA Cup.

As I have stated before, I agree totally with Ziaka.

I can't understand why "hardcore" fans of any greek team cannot support each other at least in europe, and leave the dirty rivalries within the domestic border.

I can't totally comprehend it since I never lived in greece and haven't been part of the football trella over there.

I just wonder what do you gain from hating and bitching at each other. Same old things, blah blah blah..it's interesting to read but at some point it's useless. If the whole greek football system isnt cleaned properly, then this will go on and on forever.

I hope I'm wrong but I guess this hatred and bickering will never end. I would think with GR's triumph at euro 04, greek soccer mentality would slowly change but I guess some are too "extreme". Euro 04 was just a "high" moment.

I watched the game last night at midnight on tape delay till 2am even though I had to wake up at 6am.

Too bad, Oly seemed to rely only on Rivs. Giovanni and the rest of the offense where nowhere to make a mark. The D was way overworked. You can just sense that with all that pressure, Liver would win eventually. They amazed me with their very good ball control, quick passing, and how fast they moved out of their end. Gerrard's goal no doubt about it..Incredible.

As for OLY, obviously a very difficult defeat to accept. Time heals. Hopefully the gavroi build from their mistakes.

listen the fact is we can't support eachothers teams i have tried too but for the most part we are just too attached to our clubs

but if u look at other countries u have similar rivalries as ours they don't support eachother either

but as a smaller nation then the big countries we should try to do it a little more lol

but not going to happen

The discussion in this forum is a JOKE. We have just witnessed Olympiakos lose a golden opportunity to progress to the final 16 despite a pretty good campaign. It lost in 45 minutes at Anfield simply because it was not adventurous. Remember, after Liverpool scored its third goal it kept on attacking!!!! No retreating into defence to protect its 2 goal lead. And, I repeat, Liverpool is not that good - just look at their position in the Premier league. Panathinaikos, if I recall correctly, played a similar defensive game in Eindhoven and paid the penalty. So instead of launching into an inane PAO-OLY jihad why can't this forum try to discuss the outcome in a rational way? We should be supporting ALL Greek teams in Europe.

The discussion in this forum is a JOKE. We have just witnessed Olympiakos lose a golden opportunity to progress to the final 16 despite a pretty good campaign. It lost in 45 minutes at Anfield simply because it was not adventurous. Remember, after Liverpool scored its third goal it kept on attacking!!!! No retreating into defence to protect its 2 goal lead. And, I repeat, Liverpool is not that good - just look at their position in the Premier league. Panathinaikos, if I recall correctly, played a similar defensive game in Eindhoven and paid the penalty. So instead of launching into an inane PAO-OLY jihad why can't this forum try to discuss the outcome in a rational way? We should be supporting ALL Greek teams in Europe.

:nw: :nw: :nw:

Our fate was sealed because Shum was afraid of european games. The result that kept us from qualifying was the lucky deflection in the 85th minute in Einhoven. If only he approached european games the same way he approached a game with Olympiako we would be undefeated in europe. :LOL:

the reason Olympiakos didn't win this is b/c there president stole all the money from the club

To set the record straight....

Koskotas never stole any money from "the club" (referring to Olympiakos) because Olympiakos didn't have much money in the 1st place.

He stole money from the Bank of Crete where he was General Manager of and used it for transfers.

Our fate was sealed because Shum was afraid of european games.  The result that kept us from qualifying was the lucky deflection in the 85th minute in Einhoven.  If only he approached european games the same way he approached a game with Olympiako we would be undefeated in europe. :LOL:

That game with gauro is the CUP final ONLY. 3-1

Scum's mentality was defensive otherwise.

HE and ONLY HE is responsible for that Eindhoven loss, that cost PAO. He gambled because he did not believe in our players, so they did not believe in themselves :tdown: Funny thing is, he would have kept his job and would receive praise if that game ended a 0-0 tie :P

In every other game PAO did well, and did not win at Trondheim and London due to individual player errors... or "BAD" luck.

Bassinas penalty, Halkias goalkeeping and the many lost chances in the "mud"

In the end we have NOTHING to be sad about.

PAO has ONCE more represented Greece valiantly.

The loss was a blessing in disguise.

With SCUM, PAO would have lost twice to Arsenal :tdown:

The 4-1 would have not happened ;)

I am NOT saying that Scasni is PAO's savior or ideal coach, but rather a definite step up from SCUM :tdown:

PEACE

Guest Protathlitis

I think a lot of you fellow gavroi are over reacting. The fact is we were the unluckiest team in the history of CL we were 1 of only 3 teams not to make it with 10 points. It came down to head to head goal difference against a liverpool side which we should have beaten 5-0 in Athens.

The ref was a joke and i think pao fans who actually watched the game can sympathise with the treatment we got there as a greek team in england.

HOw could Gerard who got the winner not have been sent of instead of getting a yellow. KICKING IS A RED CARD. not to mention the other times the ref refused to give second yellows to alonso, hyppia. HOnestly gavroi we got cruxified by that ref.

We still have easily the best team in Greece. the fegs cant compete with us in greece or europe anymore, despite having more money. PAO HASENT MADE IT PAST THE GROUP STAGE IN 3 years.

The gavoi always out sing the opposing fans where ever we go, despite our away record :D

OLYMPIAKARA, THRYLE EISAI THEOS

I think a lot of you fellow gavroi are over reacting. The fact is we were the unluckiest team in the history of CL we were 1 of only 3 teams not to make it with 10 points. It came down to head to head goal difference against a liverpool side which we should have beaten 5-0 in Athens.

The ref was a joke and i think pao fans who actually watched the game can sympathise with the treatment we got there as a greek team in england.

HOw could Gerard who got the winner not have been sent of instead of getting a yellow. KICKING IS A RED CARD. not to mention the other times the ref refused to give second yellows to alonso, hyppia. HOnestly gavroi we got cruxified by that ref.

We still have easily the best team in Greece. the fegs cant compete with us in greece or europe anymore, despite having more money. PAO HASENT MADE IT PAST THE GROUP STAGE IN 3 years.

The gavoi always out sing the opposing fans where ever we go, despite our away record :D

did u even watch the games?? either that or your blind and dont know football

Our fate was sealed because Shum was afraid of european games. The result that kept us from qualifying was the lucky deflection in the 85th minute in Einhoven. If only he approached european games the same way he approached a game with Olympiako we would be undefeated in europe. :LOL:

unlucky

Psv dominated every stat in the game

Pao didn't even have a shot on goal

the deflection may have been luck but it was caused by all the hard work that psv put into that whole entire game

listen i do agree with alot u say especially with the whole Gerrard situation and for the wild tackles the Liverpool players were doing w/o any cards being awarded

but the ref didn't cause the outcome he did cause a change in the game but Olympiakos didn't play the way they should off

especially Bajevic not making any changes left the team out to dry

and also the game was in Anifield the home team usually gets treatment like that and since Olympiakos has a horrible away record respect is hard to come in those type of games

anywayz back to Alpha Ethinki and Uefa cup

but if Olympiakos and Pao have something in common in this tournament its that we utilmately got bumped out by premiership teams

they have 4 teams progressing to the final 16

the premierships has been so overrated over the years i means 1 c.l. title in 20 years but the so called best league but there proving there worth this year

those two teams should have been bumped out by Greek teams but i guess its not our time yet

Sto telos oi Aggloi gelane kai emeis tsakonomaste.

Einai thlyvero...

Greece Euro 2004 ...DEN KSEXNO POTE :gr:  :gr:  :gr:

PEACE

You are very civilised my friend Trifilli... Obviously you must be living outside Greece.... I totally agree with your mentality but unfortunately I have to deal with 'Tsoukalades' every day.... :P Therefore I cannot share this mentality with you.... ;)
I reject the notion that a civilized fan has to live abroad.

This is simply NOT true. I have lived both in and out of Greece, and have always felt the same way. Most of the people that I associate with, that are football fans, in Greece, share these feelings :tup:

There is a difference between "fanatikos" and "fanatismenos"

The first gives his heart to his team, :tup: the second has no heart nor brain :angry:, simply a ... sheep

The fact that there are "Tsoukalades" out there, should encourage any FAN, not to fall in the trap and follow that example.

It is a matter of looking at things with a"clear" mind, and using it.

Best wishes.

PEACE

Guest Protathlitis

did u even watch the games?? either that or your blind and dont know football

pao123, how about you rubutt what i have said instead of saying something like that. What exactly do you disagree with mate? Yes i watched the game did you?

you were lucky not to get two players sent off and 2 penalty calls against you...yes, at certain points you were unlucky, but almost every teams is....lucky was the draw you got...3 terribly out of form teams that were doing terribly in their leagues...and dont give me this, oly are the best team in greece crap...you had 1 POINT more then pao and your play was by no means better then ours...

Guest Protathlitis

you were lucky not to get two players sent off and 2 penalty calls against you

first you just attack me without actually arguing with me and now you just give some vague recollations about the game.

How bout i be constructive and actually substantiate my claims:

Should Gerard the goal scorer been sent off for kicking in your opinion?

Should Hyppia been given a red or AT LEAST A YELLOW for his sinical tackle on rivaldo after he made that brilliant run?

Should alonso been given a second yellow for 2 challenges which were easily bookable offenses?

The claim that oly players should have been sent off as well is rubbish. Pantos is the only one who might have been shown 2 yellows but it was NOTHING COMPARED WITH THE TREATMENT WE RECEIVED

I know that alot of greeks who ever they go for can sympathise with that deal we got with that fukin ref.

your play was by no means better then ours...

Are you fukin kidding me? my uncle whos living in Kallithea is a vazelos and he tells me how he cant stand watching pao but he loves the way oly and aek plays. He wants to go to Karaiskaki to see what the atmosphere is like :LOL:

OSFP played great in every half except 2 (see if you no which ones i mean)

Anyways the reason im bring up all this s%$#! is beacsue the vazeloi keep posting in our forum and i feel i gotta point out where they're wrong. We had a bad game against liverpool in england, but im not gonna let the fans of a team which had ANOTHER s%$#! CL campaign try and rip into us

OLYMPIAKARA

you were lucky not to get two players sent off and 2 penalty calls against you...yes, at certain points you were unlucky, but almost every teams is....lucky was the draw you got...3 terribly out of form teams that were doing terribly in their leagues...and dont give me this, oly are the best team in greece crap...you had 1 POINT more then pao and your play was by no means better then ours...

first of all we are 3 points clear of u guys

second u say that our plays wasn't that much better then yours your right but we got the win

third u seem to bitch about the refs both in the greek league and euro so is it Kokkalis influence

second where do u get 2 penalty kicks from

pantos foul was outside the box (blind)

second where were yellow cards when rivaldo got fouled twice outside the box when both times it appeared the defender was going for body ?

the ref wasn't consistent period

Archived