Phantis Forums

Liverpool v Olympiakos

NYC_Olympiakos

Don't worry babes... We all PAO fans wish we were as lucky as you sitting on a couch for 8 months near the Palm trees having our holidays... Unfortunately we have to play some ball while you lucky guys have your wonderful vacation... :P

Wish I was in some exotic island as you guys, sitting on my BIG, FAT, RED couch watching football on TV, instead of playing in European competitions up until May... :P

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one more note

once again u guys have proved that u r satisfied on your campaign mostly based on our campaigns

the fact u guys should have gotten 1 of those 2 C.L spots and how u accept that puzzles me after all u are the 20th ranked team in the world you shold have won the group

us on the other hand are the laughing stock of europe and we came withing 45 minutes of winning the group by beating hitoric liverpool and 10 minutes from gaining the 2nd spot after the 1-1

i bet if we went 0-6-0 and u guys went 0-5-1 you would be al thrilled on the fact u got a tie and we didn't

brag all u want about europe the last 2 seasons have not impressed me at all on your end The difference is because u guys got 2 play 2 more games last year thanks to the mighty power rangers.

and here we go now with the we went to the quaretfinals comebacks!

I saw Olympiakos yesterday for the first time this season and I have to say it was a pitty. I was expecting an Oly-Porto in the next round.

Thing with greek teams is that they run like hell the entire match, they dont rest with the ball, they are not very concerned about ball possession. Most of the defeats of greek teams abroad is because they get to the last 20 minutes absolutely exhausted.

And if the ref let Rivaldo take that free kick ... maybe 2-0.Things would have been way different.

I personaly liked Schurrer/ Anatolakis, very strong central back duo and, my favourite, Georgiadis.

I didnt understand why Bajevic substituded Venetidis and why Okkas didnt come in earlier. Giovanni simply wasnt there.

Yesterday's game proved to me once again that Greek clubs don't have what it takes to win an actual European trophy. We're still far away from accomplishing such a feat. In my eyes it is useless bragging that "my team won more European games than yours" or "we reached the quarterfinals 3 times and you only once", when the main point should on how to improve in order to reach the final of the CL or UEFA Cup and actually win the damn thing.

I for one don't hate any Greek teams. I just want my team to beat them any chance they get. In Europe I root for all Greek teams, because in the end it helps all the Greek teams (mine included) and Greek soccer in general.

For this reason I am dissapointed that PAO and OSFP did not qualify to the next stage of CL. I only wish both clubs good luck in UEFA Cup.

just stop it guys. noth our teams are out of the cl and these endless discussions about who got more lollipops or got laid over the knees more often wont lead us to anything.

1. fact is: pao has a much better record in europe than us and i am sick of it to hear every year the same s%$#! about "we got good players and we will make a better run in europe"-stuff

2. fact is: we got mor chamionships the last few years but i dont even want them anymore. sure it is nice to see the fiesta at the end of the season but we have to go on.

we did quite good this year in cl but unfortunately it wasnt enough. and this is what i really want for us. make it at least to the next round! we made a big step towards that direciton this year by not getting ripped apart by one of the big teams.

just stop this silly conversation about the past. it gets on peoples nerves. if you are sad or angry about it that your team is out of the cl try to let your steam of elsewhere instead of flooding the topics with the same stuff over and over again.

we all know that stuff...

Sure, lets speak about the furure: the future is in a cup where you have to rival Valencia-the only very strong opponent- and Rangers, Stuttgard, Fener and Some Dutch teams for the cup.

Sure, do not be fooled: some of them are still better than our teams, but the odds to a European trophy are better than ever. Especially since OLY looks better than ever and both of our good teams are in the 32.

I personally would give Pana one spot in the 3 favorites for this cup.

Will the trophy end up in Greek or Turkish hands? B)

this topic isnt dicsussing the protalthima..its about the liverpool v olympiakos match...lets get a grip here boys...thrillosmtl, dont retaliate, if have the responsibility to take care of the forum, do what is needed...retaliation is just heating the argument more...

the same way it felt for u in the 7 years

only we did not blame the refs all those years we just sucked !!!

Thats because when you weren't winning for 10 years Pao won some leagues, AEK won some leagues, Larisa won a league. It was a fair competition. It wasn't Kokkalis doing whatever he had to do to keep Oly on top, whether it be through EPO or on the field with Referee's.

Yesterday's game proved to me once again that Greek clubs don't have what it takes to win an actual European trophy. We're still far away from accomplishing such a feat. In my eyes it is useless bragging that "my team won more European games than yours" or "we reached the quarterfinals 3 times and you only once", when the main point should on how to improve in order to reach the final of the CL or UEFA Cup and actually win the damn thing.

I for one don't hate any Greek teams. I just want my team to beat them any chance they get. In Europe I root for all Greek teams, because in the end it helps all the Greek teams (mine included) and Greek soccer in general.

For this reason I am dissapointed that PAO and OSFP did not qualify to the next stage of CL. I only wish both clubs good luck in UEFA Cup.

As I have stated before, I agree totally with Ziaka.

I can't understand why "hardcore" fans of any greek team cannot support each other at least in europe, and leave the dirty rivalries within the domestic border.

I can't totally comprehend it since I never lived in greece and haven't been part of the football trella over there.

I just wonder what do you gain from hating and bitching at each other. Same old things, blah blah blah..it's interesting to read but at some point it's useless. If the whole greek football system isnt cleaned properly, then this will go on and on forever.

I hope I'm wrong but I guess this hatred and bickering will never end. I would think with GR's triumph at euro 04, greek soccer mentality would slowly change but I guess some are too "extreme". Euro 04 was just a "high" moment.

I watched the game last night at midnight on tape delay till 2am even though I had to wake up at 6am.

Too bad, Oly seemed to rely only on Rivs. Giovanni and the rest of the offense where nowhere to make a mark. The D was way overworked. You can just sense that with all that pressure, Liver would win eventually. They amazed me with their very good ball control, quick passing, and how fast they moved out of their end. Gerrard's goal no doubt about it..Incredible.

As for OLY, obviously a very difficult defeat to accept. Time heals. Hopefully the gavroi build from their mistakes.

As I have stated before, I agree totally with Ziaka.

I can't understand why "hardcore" fans of any greek team cannot support each other at least in europe, and leave the dirty rivalries within the domestic border.

I can't totally comprehend it since I never lived in greece and haven't been part of the football trella over there.

I just wonder what do you gain from hating and bitching at each other. Same old things, blah blah blah..it's interesting to read but at some point it's useless. If the whole greek football system isnt cleaned properly, then this will go on and on forever.

I hope I'm wrong but I guess this hatred and bickering will never end. I would think with GR's triumph at euro 04, greek soccer mentality would slowly change but I guess some are too "extreme". Euro 04 was just a "high" moment.

I watched the game last night at midnight on tape delay till 2am even though I had to wake up at 6am.

Too bad, Oly seemed to rely only on Rivs. Giovanni and the rest of the offense where nowhere to make a mark. The D was way overworked. You can just sense that with all that pressure, Liver would win eventually. They amazed me with their very good ball control, quick passing, and how fast they moved out of their end. Gerrard's goal no doubt about it..Incredible.

As for OLY, obviously a very difficult defeat to accept. Time heals. Hopefully the gavroi build from their mistakes.

simple in this forum at least the hard core pao fans care more about what OSFP does to make stupid immature remarks same as us OSFP fans

we have too much hatred for each other to look at the whole picture!!

so we accuse each other of m*****es and dont bother with supporting greek teams!

and the fact PAO fans in here out # us and we write things back and the go crying to moderatros and vice versa

childish immature m*****es have completely ruined this place and were all to blame!

Archived