Phantis Forums

Liverpool v Olympiakos

NYC_Olympiakos

Benitez and Liverpool are very confident about this game.

Oly is in a very good condition and should get the result it needs but! Anfield is a place where many teams came with good spirit and were crushed. 2 years ago all Roma needed to qualify to qulify was a draw and at the end they lost 2-0 and went out for Liverpool to go through.

Olympiakos should expect a very difficult night, Anfield will be buzzing.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Benitez and Liverpool are very confident about this game.

Oly is in a very good condition and should get the result it needs but! Anfield is a place where many teams came with good spirit and were crushed. 2 years ago all Roma needed to qualify to qulify was a draw and at the end they lost 2-0 and went out for Liverpool to go through.

Olympiakos should expect a very difficult night, Anfield will be buzzing.

man what have u being drinking!

dont expect frinos to make anything out of this macth they are doomed.

also frinos cant keep up with the fast british type of play :whistle: :whistle:

gerrard and alonso will roam around the field.

one other thing is people forgeting that liverpool are not only cisse and baros even without baros they still have kewell and young wonderkid milner(scored a screemer against the arse)

gerrard and alonso will roam around the field.

one other thing is people forgeting that liverpool are not only cisse and baros even without baros they still have kewell and young wonderkid milner(scored a screemer against the arse)

Slick, Liverpool are not in a good condition whilst Oly is, but Oly will have a difficult atmosphre to deal with. Liverpool will try get an early goal and really put Oly on the back foot.

BTW the young player you are talking about is Neil Mellor, not (James )Milner you mentioned. Milner plays for Newcastle.

it is quite interesting how big your concern is about our game in two days. it seems as if it interests you even more than your own match. i would like to thank all the pao fans for their sympathies about our team. it concerns you so much that it seems you are even placing your team behind ours, because none of you have made any thoughts about psv the whole day.

thank you so much. :D :nw:

it is quite interesting how big your concern is about our game in two days. it seems as if it interests you even more than your own match. i would like to thank all the pao fans for their sympathies about our team. it concerns you so much that it seems you are even placing your team behind ours, because none of you have made any thoughts about psv the whole day.

thank you so much. :D :nw:

:LOL:

PAO fans have no hope. They know Arsenal and PSV are already qualified for next round. That's why they're only concerned about OLY's game.

OLY's better than the other 3 opponents of the group, they are far better than Liverpool so it's not possible to me to think that we'll loose.

And sorry for you guys, but it's gonna be a great game for Rivaldo, and I think Giovanni will score his first goal this year.

Guest Protathlitis

Slick, Dont you realise this could be the third time in a row THRYLOS makes you look like an idiot. Monaco - saviola blah blah, depor - luque blah blah. I would have thought youd wait until the end of the game to not post anything. Oh well its your choice :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

This is just great

i mean look at all the ppl Olympiakos is getting to follow them

Not only Olympiakos fans but Pao fans too and better yet Olympiakos big game is on wednesday while Pao's is tuesday and Pao doesn't even control its own destiny at the moment and Olympiakos does

Olympiakos will not fall over and die not our style

Olympiakos will go for the win period

The funniest joke I have ever heard:

Olympiakos will not fall over and die not our style

Obviously you suffer from Alzheimer's disease or something :P You are definitely short of memory :P

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Oh man, where the ###### have you been the last 7-8 years to watch your performances in Europe?

I can think of at least 10 occasions when you have fallen over and died in Europe. That is precisely your style and what you have become famous for.

I was listening to a preview of this match on BBS Radio5 Live last night and they were optimistic about Liverpool because of Oly's away European record. They mentioned how you have no away wins, 4 draws and 20 defeats. Basically they reiterated my signature here. That made me smile. Even the English have caght up with your great European away record.

And our friend here says it's not their style to fall over and die :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The game in nearing

i love the fact how everybody is just pointing at our away record and basically giving Liverpool the win

i win they need to win at all cost and most likely win by 2 goals they have more pressure on them yet Olympiakos is this small club team that has no business being here WRONG

listen i have watched Olympiakos over the last 8 years i know perfectly well how well they have done

this is a bit like 3 years ago when we Played Lyons away on the last day with a point ahead but lost that game

this Olympiakos team is different from then and they will prove it tomorrow

and one more thing u say how great our European away record is i know you being sarcastic but all i hear about is that great European record of Pao's tremedous

remind me one more time how many titles do u have ??

But enough about Pao they don't deserve the headlines its time for Olympiakos to prove everybody wrong

make us proud thrilos

Go Olympiakos!!! :box: Show to the English scornful people what Greeks can do!!

If you gauroi believe it (and especially the players) you can make it!! No more European losers! The Greeks deserve better!

(Easy to say, difficult to do! You guys say the same about the mentality of PAO with Olympiakos. Lets see!!). :unsure:

I predict 2-1 loss and qualification. ;) Rivaldo will score at 2-0!!

Stop with the predictions here

Olympiakos needs to play with their heart and mind

the first 10 mins will be very important due to the atmoshpere in Liverpool

we have enough Experienced players to overcome this

we are the better side and we will prove it

go for the win and leave it all of the pitch

Stop with the predictions here

Olympiakos needs to play with their heart and mind

the first 10 mins will be very important due to the atmoshpere in Liverpool

we have enough Experienced players to overcome this

we are the better side and we will prove it

go for the win and leave it all of the pitch

I do not agree on the attitude: "always play for the win and we are omadara and play full offence and "tha tous skisoume!!!". This I have been hearing lattely all the time: for example, after the derby, about how stupid Skazny is, not playing very offencivelly, etc. This may be valid for Greece, but not in Europe.

Year after year Panatha is doing better than Oly in Europe because they don't have this attitude. I recall "Only victory in Torino for Thrylos" attitude last year. I also remember some other year crushing the previous year's finalist 6-2 whereas Pana once was fooling around against a 9-man Yuve when he could have crushed them to show that "eimaste omadara!!"I agree that this was the objective last year-victory-but against a European legend humility is not a bad thing... :tdown:

That is why Oly is doing much better in Europe this year, and that is how he can qualify: by understanding that NO, OLY IS NOT BETTER THAN LIVERPOOL, BUT HE CAN FIGHT AND WIN THEM. :gr:

That is how Rehagel won a European cup some months ago......Respect!! We are still European minnows who can fight and win....

Guest Protathlitis

disagree zahos we won euro because we were the best team in europe, defense is part of the team you know. We beat France, czechs, portugal - the team people consider to e the best twice. When we went forward we were fantastic and when we defended we were fantastic.

As for oly the most pleasing thing to me about oly especially under bajevic is the way we play. Oly's midfield and attack have been superb this year and im happier about that than our apparently sure defense.

Thrylos IS better than liverpool BUT we cannot be complacent. So far against all the teams in our group we have most of the time overwelmed the opposition defense especially at home. Oly must attack and cannot sit back and wait for both results to go against us. A goal would be huge.

All the best to Olympiakos!

A few years back, a weaker Olympiakos team lost in Anfield 2-0 because the ref didn't see a clear penalty on Djole and because he allowed a scouser to score after a clear offensive foul.

This Olympiakos team is stronger. Forward to the next round! :)

Archived