Phantis Forums

Galatasaray Thread

100k a MONTH plus 5k for every clean sheet ? I'd be happy staying put in my "favorite team" too :rolleyes:

That's just outrageous, the salary and his actions ! And what the hell is he going to be doing till '08 ? Bad moves abound.

Things do not look good for GS right now, I hope they can somehow acheive something with this current squad. BSK and Fener have thrown everything they have thus far.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100k a MONTH plus 5k for every clean sheet ? I'd be happy staying put in my "favorite team" too :rolleyes:

Mondi gave a press interview yesterday and said that the media speculations about his yearly salary are way too exaggerated. He added that he will earn $900k per season plus bonuses. His agent and Ozhan Canaydin also confirmed the $900k annual wage. What will he do until '08??? Well, that's another story (He'll be 37 by 2008)... :(

• 2 weeks later...
Despite all the critics we've made a super start to the season after three games. We're the ONLY team to win all three games and we also did it by playing some big time football. 2-1 against Konyaspor, could and should have been 5-1, a last minute win against Ankaragucu 1-0 in a game we had 29 shots on goal and had two clear penalties not given and a 5-2 frantic win against Malatyaspor where last season's out-of-favour marksman Umit Karan grabbed a hat-trick. There are some other positive points: Hasan Sas has instantly started to play as his peak days in 2002 World Cup. He got a super goal against Malatyaspor last night, dribbling past two defenders on the edge of the box and putting in a right footed placed shot from the zero point... Alioum Saidou, a player that was not wanted by either the board or the coach became the new dynamo in our midfield... Sasa Ilic instantly started to produce his magic by scoring two against Konyaspor... Our team spirit looks really like the ones in the years 1999-00 and 2001-02... Great Job, Gerets!!!

Could anyone give me some info on Basaran Irfan please? A picture would be nice too, because I can't seem to find one.

Basaran Irfan is a hot prospect for Galatasaray and he's 15 years old. He was born in Adana in 1989 and played for Galatasaray 'C' Youth and 'B' Youth teams and now he'll be upgraded for either 'A' Youth or PAF team this season. Former Galatasaray U16 coach Abdullah Avci said Irfan had the makings of a sharper and healthier Emre Belozoglu. We'll all see whether he can produce in the future.

Here's his picture...

Posted Image

While playing Football Manager I was buying him to Trabzonspor.Two or three years after he was playing great for yhe game :)

so you're a CM/FM maniac like me. that's nice... we can open a new thread for this, huh?

:LOL: ;) ;) :LOL:

so you're a CM/FM maniac like me. that's nice... we can open a new thread for this, huh?

Yes friend i am fan of this game.we can open new threat for this.But my computer is too slow for the new versions.After buying new computer maybe we can play lan games.This game is the most realistic football game i have ever played. i think fottball managers must use this game for finding football stars.Forexample Ronaldinho, Aimar, Tuncay, Necati was unknown years ago but they were quality players for the game.

We should not forget to mention that, we have Umit Karan as leading Goal scoarer with 4 goals at 3 matches, and Hasan Sas as leading asist maker with his 4 assists on 3 matches;).. not to bad;),

guys, let's get to know our rival...

TROMSO IL

Foundation: September 15, 1920

Stadium: Stadion Alfheim (7500 capacity)

Previous Year League Position: 4 (out of 14 teams)

Current Standing: 12 (out of 14 teams)

Starplayer: Ole Martin Arst (Striker)

Headcoach: Steenar Nielsen

Squad

Lars Hirschfeld - GK - Canadian

Knut Borch - GK

Eirik Sorensen - GK

Thomas Hafstad - D

Janne Hietanen - D - Finnish

Ben Kibebe - D - Swedish/Gambian

Arne-Vidar Moen - D

Andreas Nielsen - D

Morten Pedersen - D

Tamas Szekeres - D - Hungarian

Ole Talberg - D

Daniel Torres - D - Costarican

Patrice Bernier - M - Canadian/French

Tomasz Stolpa - M - Polish

Roar Christensen - M

Bjorn Johansen - M

Rune Johansen - M

Joachim Walltin - M - Swedish

Runar Normann - M

Stephen Ademolu - F - Canadian/Ghanaian

Karim Essendri - F - Tunisian

Ole Martin Arst - F

Lars Iver Strand - F

Bjorn Strom - F

Hans Aage Indestadt - F

The more familiar names in this team are Janne Hietanen who played for Denizlispor between 2001 and 2003, Patrice Bernier who was shortlisted by Besiktas this summer and of course Ole Martin Arst who became the Topscorer in Belgium First Division with AA Ghent a few seasons ago. Tromso IL is known as a mini-Ajax in Norway because of its famous exports such as Rune Lange of Club Brugge KV and of formerly Trabzonspor, Thomas Helstad of formerly Austria Vienna and Morten Gamst Pedersen of Blackburn Rovers FC.

hope it helps... ;)

Patrice Bernier who was shortlisted by Besiktas this summer

and he was snatched from the top team in the united soccer league in north america, i saw him play a couple of times, he's not bad. i also know another player from here that joined another norwegian team, sandro grande joined viking at the same time.

Damn! Damn! Damn!

We have loaned out Cafercan Aksu to Rizespor for a year with the option to buy given to Rizespor!!!

Ruining another youngster... Damn this management!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :box: :box: :angry: :angry: :angry:

i'm hearing that GS are about to sign the Czech striker Marek Heinz for 2 mill. euro from his german club i believe

yes that's true. transferring from Wolfsburg club...

GALATASARAY LAND HIGH-PROFILE CZECH PLAYER

With two days to go until the end of the summer transfer season Galatasaray signed versatile Czech player Marek Heinz for €2.05M from Borussia Gladbach. The player has a wide range of position options and can play on the left-side, behind or in the centre forward position and Galatasaray coach Gerets wishes to play him on the left-side. The Czech player scored two goals for his country in EURO 2004, a tournament in which Czech Republic played the very best football.

:tup: :tup: :tup:

In his first interview with SABAH after he signed the deal, Heinz said he joined Galatasaray due to the fact that Galatasaray is the most renowned club of Turkey outside Turkey. He added he got some good references from Filip Daems of formerly Genclerbirligi and Tomas Jun of Trabzonspor.

:) :) :)

How he started to play football is very interesting... While he was 14 years of age in 1991 his hometown club Sigma Olomouc had a UEFA Cup Preliminary game against Fenerbahce. Young Marek went to watch the game and when he saw the enthusiasm of the Sigma players he started playing professional football. Sigma beat Fenerbahce 7-1 by the way...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Welcome to "The Club" Marek and hope you do well to improve both your and our club's fortunes...

It is a nice transfer i think it would be a plessure for us to see him. But if Gala use him on the left side he couldn't show his skills easily.But if Gerets use him as playmaker Gala would find so many goals i think.Especially from Free kicks.And long shoots.But Gala still has a defence problem two wings.We must wait for the coming match to see him.

But if Gala use him on the left side he couldn't show his skills easily.

Heinz himself stated in his interview that another reason for him joining Galatasaray is he will mostly be playing in his true position, left wing that is... He's also an offensive player with some good defensive skills which will help our left back. If Gerets tries putting on Ergun instead of Orhan, our left flank problem could be resolved. But with Hasan Sas and Cihan in the right, we will be supreme in offence but torrid in defence... Time will tell... My ideal line-up after this signing would be:

----------------------------Necati-------Umit/Sukur--------------------------

-----Heinz---------Saidou-------------------Ilic------------Hasan Sas-------

-----Ergun---------Tomas------------------Song--------------Ugur----------

--------------------------------Mondragon-------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok, a footballing miracle happened and we somehow lost out to Tromso... no need to exagerate the outcome here... if we managed to score the goals in our more than a few chances than we would be easily there in the groups right now but I'm confident about our team's chances in the league... As long as there are "no hands in the way", of course...

Did you see anELka's goal??? It was disgraceful!!!

Archived