Phantis Forums

July 2004 transfer period

Ziaka

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first transfer has been known since January 2004. The player in question is the 25-year old Paris Andralas, who until now played fro Proodevtiki. He is a defensmen.

Also announced today is that Armando Feutchine has signed a new 3-year contract with PAOK.

There will be a lot of rumors concerning PAOK transfers, stemming mostly from the fact that the team will take part in CL next season. Players mentioned in the mostly unreliable Greek press as being linked with PAOK include Tsiartas, Liberopoulos, Lakis, Katsouranis, Miecel ... Only time will tell what happens.

Ziaka Quote: "Greek press as being linked with PAOK include Tsiartas, Liberopoulos, Lakis, Katsouranis, Miecel ... Only time will tell what happens"

no offence dude but i havent heard none of these b4, however it should be intresting weather Paok will bulk up its squad for europe.... imagine if u guys get Man United (knock on wood) :o

Can Paok spend money this year coz last time i heard there in debt???

First of all we can't be drawn against Man Utd because we are both seeded.

As for the transfers: I think were a big chance of getting Tsartas

Limberopoulos, Lakis will be dificult as that will cost us alot of money and we don't want be in the same mess we were 2-3 years ago.

I read somewhere that Anastasiadis isn't interested that much in bringing new players in. I got to admit, I've been talking bad about this man for a long time but I might be wrong. He has managed to take P.A.O.K. out of some tough times straight to the Champions League for one and now he realizes that any new big name players might actually disrupt the chemistry the teams’ players have built over the last couple of years.

Ziaka Quote: "Greek press as being linked with PAOK include Tsiartas, Liberopoulos, Lakis, Katsouranis, Miecel ... Only time will tell what happens"

no offence dude but i havent heard none of these b4,

Note how I said "Greek press". There were rumors mostly in the Thessaloniki sports press that PAOK might take a look at Lakis and Katsouranis. Also Tsiartas gave an inteview about a month ago kissing Anastasiadis's ass, knowing very well that the situation at AEK might turn bad. Liberopoulos had an offer from PAOK before, which he turned down, but it is said that Anastasiadis likes him a lot.

Now if you want my opinion i don't see big names coming to PAOK. I don't think the team is in a position to get high priced players. Anastasiadis will most liklley go for 2 or 3 mid-priced players to add depth to the team.

i dont think that you have to get any high-priced players. i would really enjoy it having three greek teams in the cl. i hope you will do it. and for this it is not a must of having some top players in the squad.

if the chemistry is right good football is garanteed. i remember st.gallen a few years ago when they kicked chelsey out of the uefa cup and nearly managed to get in the cl against galatasaray. with a budget of about 3million €.

HOW U GOING EVERYONE, new to the forum 18 year old greek kid from Sydney AUSTRALIA. love soccer crazy paok fan.

A few questions who can answer the. whats Paok's average crowd attendances because i see crowds on supersport.gr and they are around 8000 to about 12000 for the biggest team in thessaloniki thats pathetic dont u gusy think i believe a loved and well supported team like paok should have the whole stadium sold out to the season pass, every game should be capacity. why imst it like this guys.

Also the only greek soccer games i see are Olympiakos home games and greeK CL games on espn. so havent seen a paok game in a while.

I read the news everyday know who the starters are but i hate the press their is only so much u can believe so who are players that can do well for us in europe

except for the obvious slapigiddis and udeze. who else is world class.

Also i believ we need 2 players in the peak around 28 yr old and 2 more experinced players for the CL.

I think houtos would be a good partner for slapigidis is his contract at the kourela ending this summer or am i mistaken

cheers.

ZITO ELLADA

The first transfer has been known since January 2004. The player in question is the 25-year old Paris Andralas, who until now played fro Proodevtiki. He is a defensmen.

Also announced today is that Armando Feutchine has signed a new 3-year contract with PAOK.

There will be a lot of rumors concerning PAOK transfers, stemming mostly from the fact that the team will take part in CL next season. Players mentioned in the mostly unreliable Greek press as being linked with PAOK include Tsiartas, Liberopoulos, Lakis, Katsouranis, Miecel ... Only time will tell what happens.

I think the best PAOK can do is what PAO and OSFP are not interested in.

Hello Spears and welcome to the forum. Nice to have more PAOK fans around.

PAOK's average attendance this season is 10,109 per game, which is fairly high for Greek standards. If you ask my opinion, it could be even higher. Hopefully with the team in the CL next season the attendance will pick up.

As for seeing PAOk games on TV in Australia, there were few games televised on ERT-Sat, which is available on the TARBS system. I don't know however, what the situatiuon with televised soccer will be bnext season.

As you say, we do need some more help. I would like the team to pick up at least one experienced player for each position (goal, defense, midfield, and offense), but I don't know if anything like that will happen.

I am not sure Houtos is good for PAOK. He is a trouble maker, and Anastasiadis does not like trouble makers on his team.

TRUE I AGREE, about houtos

would agritis be an expense target or do u gusy believ he is not good enough

and what about sotiris konstantinidis from aek.

Also is paok building a new training venue. if so a positive move

Are we still in large debt? how is the financial sector of the club.

let me ask u something guys? do u as a fan feel dirty knowing that aek will lose all there good players forcing them to become shi-t??? i mean to take out some aek players would be good for ur club but to see the whole team unit destroyed leaves me feeling "cheap" coz next year it will be the Big 3 = Oly,Pao,Paok, no more Aek :(

P.S if Aek r to die (knock on wood) i hope a team like Aigaleo can take some players from Aek and becoming the new 4th best team :huh: what do u guys think?

Because im a greek in australia who plays soccer semi porfessionali i know soccer very well over here.

Some great cheap free players to buy for PAOK or any greek team are:

SIMON COLOSIMO: he is a free agent, a australian inernational, is 24 or 25 can play anywhere in defence or midfield, great player, hunger to play in europe ideal cheap singning. Not cut out for champions league but great for greece. Maybe that the most techinical palyer in the world but very fit, fast and smart. GRETA BUY. Had a previous stint in belgium and with man city

NICK CARLE: 23 years old,coming to athens for the olympics, is a very very fats skillfull player, south american number 10 style. coming to olympics one of australais's best upcoming players. top player needs time to develope as a player great signing for free.

AHMAD ELRICH: 22 year old winger just come onto the australain national team scene free player very raw but great talent, another cheap free transfer player.

He and colosimo played against turkey this week for australai in the frinedly matches and colosimo marked Hasan Sas well and Ahmad elrich played well off the bench.

i would love to see PAOK make these great free signings or any greek clubs would prosper from these palyers. There is free talent in countries like australia , asia but u gotta nwo were to find it.

And these a 3 players i would give anything to tell ANASTASIADIS ABOUT.

if aigaleo can be convinced, signing of Agrytis would be great :nw:

he'd partner very well with salpigidys :tup:

andralas, well a decent back-up ;)

tsiartas, great as a playmaker but not fit enough for CL i believe :(

choutos, chaotic forward, no signing :box:

ebede, a marvellous signing for PAOK who desperately need a goalie ;)

colosimo, has italian nationality, so an EU-player who will do a good job in that central defence. saw him play against Turkey and he kicked Hasan's ass ;)

btw congats on your taking 3rd spot :nw:

Because im a greek in australia who plays soccer semi porfessionali i know soccer very well over here.

Some great cheap free players to buy for PAOK or any greek team are:

SIMON COLOSIMO: he is a free agent, a australian inernational, is 24 or 25 can play anywhere in defence or midfield, great player, hunger to play in europe ideal cheap singning. Not cut out for champions league but great for greece. Maybe that the most techinical palyer in the world but very fit, fast and smart. GRETA BUY. Had a previous stint in belgium and with man city

NICK CARLE: 23 years old,coming to athens for the olympics, is a very very fats skillfull player, south american number 10 style. coming to olympics one of australais's best upcoming players. top player needs time to develope as a player great signing for free.

AHMAD ELRICH: 22 year old winger just come onto the australain national team scene free player very raw but great talent, another cheap free transfer player.

He and colosimo played against turkey this week for australai in the frinedly matches and colosimo marked Hasan Sas well and Ahmad elrich played well off the bench.

i would love to see PAOK make these great free signings or any greek clubs would prosper from these palyers. There is free talent in countries like australia , asia but u gotta nwo were to find it.

And these a 3 players i would give anything to tell ANASTASIADIS ABOUT.

Spears: i'm a paok fan from melbourne and as far these players you mentioned I don't think much of collosimmo. He has tried it in europe and didn't make it.

As far as the other two. Nick Carle is a wonderful player with great skill and he will do well with tha club as would Ahmad Elrich but collosimo is a shocker.

Looks like PAOk will not go for a keeper. Anastasiadis has supposedly decided to stick with Tochoroglou and Atmatsidis, and then slowly bring in the youngsters in. As expected Pourliotopoulos is history. The other two players that are history are Voskaridis and Kapagiannidis. Additionaly Anastasiadis is planning on loaning the following players to other teams: Gianitsanakis, Eleftheriadis, Balodimos, Konteon, and Makris.

Over the last few days, PAOk management has been busy meeting with players and signing new contracts with some of them. Ebenezer Hagan has signed for 2 more years, as did Feutchine. The two players that missed most of the season, Ekgomitis and Markos signed new contracts as well. Both signed 1 + 1 years contracts. Ekgomitis agreed to have his salary cut by 25%, and he also decided to forgo 40% of wages that are owed to him from last season.

The teams first meeting for the upcoming season is scheduled for June 28.

Paokg4 do u agree in saying these players would be good cheap aquisitions?

Its these signings greek clubs never make we alyways bring in sapia old has beens. WHY ?

Hi Spears

If you reffering to the Australian players 2 of the 3 players you mentioned will be good buys. I don't think much of Colosimo. I think he is very overated.

Nick Carle - Very Skillfull

Ahmad Elrich - Very Skillfull and a good crosser of the ball

I agree with u when you say we sign sapia and old hasbeens however speaking of hasbeens that have done well with PAOK I reckon Vokolos and Markos have done well with PAOK.

The re-signings of players continue:

Tochoroglou for 2 more years

Hagan for 2 more years

Zavantias for 1 more year

In all cases management is offering reduced salaries, but with added bonuses for success in CL and championship.

More players will be meeting with management in the next few days to review their contracts.

According to Anastasiadis press conference today, don't expect any big transfers to PAOK. He said his first priority is to re-sign all the current players, before any transfers are made. In other words don't expect big names coming to PAOK. Here is one of his quotes from the press conference:

Archived