Phantis Forums

July 2004 transfer period

Ziaka

700k per season :o :o :o or 700k in 4 yrs ;) ;) ;) ?

700K for four seasons (175K/season), and apparently no bonuses as opposed to other contracts signed by others PAOK players recently.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Machlas and Iraklis are now history, they parted as friends apparently..

Paok r really intrested in him and r the favourites to get him but

Ofi seems to want Machlas back also...

Perugia have also shown interest ;)

i think it might b useful to u guys but not for the long run..........

i think it might b useful to u guys but not for the long run..........

I dont agree...he would be useful short-term and long term.

If i was 17/18/19 id rather be learning, training and playing with Machlas next to me than Skarmoutsos!!

Hollywood, Peruggia seriously interested in Machlas. So much that they set up a friendly game with Iraklis last week in order to check Machlas out, including his injury condition. Machlas however refused to travel for the game with Iraklis, and the deal between Peruggia and Iraklis fell through. I have a feeling that Machlas is presently not 100% fit, injury wise.

As for PAOK getting him, I think he is asking for too much money, and considering that he is not over his injuries, I don't see him coming to Toumba. I bet he will go to his old team OFI.

Dimitris Nalitzis a possible PAOK transfer.

Dimitris Nalitzis today filed papers in order to be paid his wages that AEK owes him (330,000 Euro). If he is not paid, he will try to become a free agent. Runmors from Thessaloniki are that Nalitzis has been talking to officials in Thesaloniki about a possible transfer. Let's not forget that Nalitzis used to play for PAOK before going to play in Italy.

I have certain hesitations about bringing Nalitzis back to PAOK. In his time in Italy and in Portugal, he didn't perform all that well. I know that it sometimes takes a player time to adjust to a foreign game but still...he didn't perform all that well to the point where they wanted to keep him. He had 2-3 years overseas...couldn't make it and then he came back.

His performance at AEK...hmm....I can't say I've been too impressed there either. PAOK are moving in the right direction. I'm not sure recycling old players who have perhaps lost their form is the right approach at this point.

Supposedly PAOK and Anastasiadis will take a look at players that will be free and without contract at the end of June. This will include several players from Iraklis and Aris. Bahramis, the "palto" from Iraklis is rumored to be coming to PAOK just to start with. :tdown:

Today PAE PAOK announced the signing of Arestidis Andreadis, a 20-year old offensive player from Thermaikos Thermi. He was signed to a 3+2 year contract. It is not sure if he will follow the team to italy for training. It is possible that he willbe loaned to another team, or his original team Thremaikos. Thermaikos will play in C' Ethniki next season.

• 2 weeks later...

We'll see what happens. Supposedly Nikoalidis is trying to persuade Lyberopoulos to stay with AEK. I don't believe Lyberopoulos would make the same mistake as last year, and stay with AEK.

Also, the press is saying we are after Niniadis and Kontis, but that could be just manager's propaganda in the press. I don't want Niniadis and Kontis at PAOK.

Latest news is that PAOK will probably loan Konteon to Larisa, and Makris to Agrotikos Asteras.

PAOK is also talking to a player from Denmark, but no deal has been signed yet.

As for Lyberopoulos, supposedly the player said that he will make a decision this week. His manager also said that if talks break down with AEK, they will look at offers from two European teams. As a final resort, they would consider PAOK's offer. If I was PAOK management at this point, I would come out and withdraw the offer to Lyberopoulos, considering he was pulling the same crap with Anastasiadis last season.

Latest news reports are that PAOK has made an offer to Kapsis (AEK - Ethniki). They are supposedly offering 500K/season. PAOK president Goumenos allegedly said that there is no truth to this and that this is just a rumor.

Personally, I don't think this will happen either. I believe this just another one of those Greek media fabricated story.

PAE PAOK has agreed to relese Christos Lampakis from his contract. The only stipulation is that PAOK has to give ok to which team he choses to tranfer to.

Also Konteon was loaned to Niki Volos instead of Larisa.

While others are signing players like Rivaldo, PAOK is looking at a Romanian player Ion Lutu, who currently plays for Apollon Loimassol in Cyprus. Inthe past he played for Universitate Craiova and Steaua Bukurest.

Yes, I have seen the front page of the Metrosport today saying Tsiartas for PAOK, but I think it more of wishful thinking by the newspaper to sell copies, instead of PAOK actually trying to get the player. Same thing happened last week with Kapsis name plastered on the front page of the Thessaloniki papers.

I hope I am proven wrong, but I don't see PAOK spending that kind of money on players during this transfer season.

Archived